Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Susan,

Thank for asking about the knee, it is slowly coming along. I did yoga, but couldn't do all the moves. I swam the last 2 mornings, yesterday for 30 minutes and today for 40 or so, it starts hurting after a while and I keep the brace on all day pretty much, and ice it after working out and after lunch. Luckily, I can put the ice pack inside the brace and still walk around the classroom!

I'm a little frustrated with the whole leg thing right now, plus I'm really tight because of TOM coming, due Friday, so I've been pretty grumpy and probably babying it more than it needs.

Still Sexy: Welcome to the lower BMI group. I don't know what to tell you about your weightloss stuggle, except be careful about liquid calories. I'm working on giving those up right now. I have, for the most part, given up my mochas that had like 320 calories and replaced it with more Water and oatmeal at Breakfast at 120 calories.

The next thing I think I'm gonna have to give up is my after dinner drink :)

I only have one a couple nights a week, but it is like 300 calories (maybe more it is hard to figure) I like my Bahama Mamas after a hard days work, but I think that they could be contributing to my stall. Hard to tell anything right now cause I'm so bloated. Maybe I'll wait til next week, then give them up for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Anyway, back to you, Still Sexy, Have you tracked your calories and exercise? I use Sparkpeople.com to track mine. If I'm very honest, which many times I'm not, it helps me to see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe that will help you.

Hubby is home so I'm off. I'm sure I'll check back in.

I hope Audree is having fun in Mexico. I'm sure we'll hear from her tomorrow.

Toqu I have the same band as you.

I am not filled yet but I have some restriction (not a lot but some). I think the amount of fill you get depends on the size of your band.

Audree and I are both getting fills this week so we will see how much she gets and how much I get since we have different bands...

I got my fill today. I got 1.2 cc's. I was told to stay on liquids for 3 days.

My husband drove in to Mexico instead of parking at the border. It didn't hurt either. It was a little poke. No big deal. I went to Chili's and I had some Soup. I was full pretty quick.

Dr. Romero said I'd be restricted like I was after surgery.

When do you go for your fill??

Susan,

Thank for asking about the knee, it is slowly coming along. I did yoga, but couldn't do all the moves. I swam the last 2 mornings, yesterday for 30 minutes and today for 40 or so, it starts hurting after a while and I keep the brace on all day pretty much, and ice it after working out and after lunch. Luckily, I can put the ice pack inside the brace and still walk around the classroom!

I'm a little frustrated with the whole leg thing right now, plus I'm really tight because of TOM coming, due Friday, so I've been pretty grumpy and probably babying it more than it needs.

Still Sexy: Welcome to the lower BMI group. I don't know what to tell you about your weightloss stuggle, except be careful about liquid calories. I'm working on giving those up right now. I have, for the most part, given up my mochas that had like 320 calories and replaced it with more Water and oatmeal at Breakfast at 120 calories.

The next thing I think I'm gonna have to give up is my after dinner drink :)

I only have one a couple nights a week, but it is like 300 calories (maybe more it is hard to figure) I like my Bahama Mamas after a hard days work, but I think that they could be contributing to my stall. Hard to tell anything right now cause I'm so bloated. Maybe I'll wait til next week, then give them up for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Anyway, back to you, Still Sexy, Have you tracked your calories and exercise? I use Sparkpeople.com to track mine. If I'm very honest, which many times I'm not, it helps me to see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe that will help you.

Hubby is home so I'm off. I'm sure I'll check back in.

I hope Audree is having fun in Mexico. I'm sure we'll hear from her tomorrow.

Here I am!! All went well!!! 1.2 cc's and 3 days of liquids.< /p>

Toqu,

How do you feel like the fills go for you? Do you feel restricted? Do you feel unrestricted by the time four weeks pass? I saw a thread think that said the average person in a VG band is around 8 ccs full.

I feel a little bit of restriction, but I can eat anything just not alot. bread, bagels- no problem. I need to feel like I hear people talk about taking three bites and can't eat anymore.

I asked the doc why the liquids after the fill...he said to jumpstart the weight loss again. But all that happened was that I lost a couple of lbs then gained it back plus some when I started eating real food again.

Toqu,

I can eat a lot myself. I know to some degree we need to be patient which I am not. How do you feel about your weight loss so far?

I lost 10lbs on the liquid phase but have gained back 5 so far. I am kind of bummed about it but I also am eating well over 2000 calories a day so I have no expectation to lose weight eating like that. I don't really think doing liquids jump starts my weight loss. I think it makes me really hungry, lol.

I am getting my first fill tomorrow. I do feel I have some restriction but I hope after the fill tomorrow I feel more restricted. I notice that like most people I am pretty tight in the a.m. and then I am able to eat more as the day goes on. I kind of wish it was in reverse, that I could eat more in the a.m. and less at night.

I have trouble with a lot of different foods, especially in the a.m. but also at lunch and sometimes even dinner. I was driving to work today eating breakfast and I was taking really small bites and really nibbling. I kind of felt like I finally have some sense of control over how fast I am eating. Although sometimes when I am hungry it is really hard to take such small bites. I want to gobble everything up.

Hey Audree,

Glad your fill went well. I am interested to know how you are feeling today. Do you feel restricted again?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this but I am a low BMI bandster. My BMI was at 36. My pre surgery weight was 183 and my height is 5'1. My post op weight loss is 8 lbs in the first two weeks because of the liquids. But I haven't lost a pound since!:) I was banded in November 2006 and I have been exercising since December 2006. I am to the point that I am beginning to exercise sometimes twice a day. I am more consistent with exercising at least three to four times a week. I believe that the problem with me is my Water intake so I have currently starting to increase my intake per day. I have also started eating the South Beach Diet foods that you can purchase from Walmart. Hopefully this will give me some results!! I am getting married in four months and I am getting desparate here!!:paranoid I have had three fills already and will be going to the doctor on Thursday, hopefully I will get another. Any suggestions for an immediate boost of weight loss.

Thanks

Congrats on doing so great!:clap2: I need to get my butt moving with the exercise. I bought a 32 ounce bottle and drink one in the early part of the day and one the 2nd part of the day at least. This has helped a lot.

South Beach definitely helped me with cravings and weight too.

Hey Audree,

Glad your fill went well. I am interested to know how you are feeling today. Do you feel restricted again?

I seem to have restriction again. I can feel the liquids I drink gurgle down like they did before. I had some Soup on the way home from Mexico at Chili's, tortilla soup, had some of the Beans, corn and Tomato and chewed really well. I did need to stop at about 1/2 cup or so and had discomfort like I hadn't felt before and knew it was time to stop.

I was, prior to the fill, eating anything I wanted as much as I wanted, even in the am,stopped chewing well and even started to drink with meals, being a very bad girl.

I need to go back to the rules because I don't want to pb or slime.

He asked me how I was eating and I told him I could eat anything with no problem and he said "not anymore". He said I'd have restriction like after surgery. I am glad they use fleuro and can see how much to put in. I had to keep drinking the barium while he flushed my port out with saline and was asking me if I felt it. Then he took it all out, made sure her removed all the air, and filled me. He said I could come back in 8 weeks if I needed to, if I found my eating was increasing.

The cool thing is my scale is right on the money with their scale.

Let me know how your fill goes.

Thanks Audree!

Okay, so I am getting my second fill next week,. I had surgery on Dec 1st and weighed in at 217. Now I weigh 194/195. I am wondering how that ranks to others. It has been 12 weeks or so since my surgery. The doc said my second fill would be a bit more restrictive than the first. I get the slimies if I eat starchy food, like breads, Pasta, rice. Sometimes food feels like it is stuck in my upper chest before it has gotten to the stomach area where the band is. Sometimes I must make a Productive Burp in order to continue with my meal. (YUK>) In the morning I am so tight I usually can't eat, but by noon, I am all set. Anyone else suffer these woes? Also, how do I get one of those cute weight charts onthe bottom of my postings?

Okay, so I am getting my second fill next week,. I had surgery on Dec 1st and weighed in at 217. Now I weigh 194/195. I am wondering how that ranks to others. It has been 12 weeks or so since my surgery. The doc said my second fill would be a bit more restrictive than the first. I get the slimies if I eat starchy food, like breads, Pasta, rice. Sometimes food feels like it is stuck in my upper chest before it has gotten to the stomach area where the band is. Sometimes I must make a Productive Burp in order to continue with my meal. (YUK>) In the morning I am so tight I usually can't eat, but by noon, I am all set. Anyone else suffer these woes? Also, how do I get one of those cute weight charts onthe bottom of my postings?

Hi!!! For the weight ticker, go to tickerfactory.com and just follow the directions. Copy and paste the first selection from img to img

and then go to User Cp on the top right hand corner and paste it into your signiture line.

I just got my first fill yesterday and am on liquids for 3 days so I am not sure. I was tight after surgery in the morning so breakfast was just coffee with soymilk.

Hope that helps!:)

I just got my first fill today and doing liquids for 3 days. I was curious if anyone out there has done more than liquids the 3 days after a fill.

I have a girls weekend and we are going to do Mexican food tomorrow night...I know that it is going to KILL me to not be able to eat chips and salsa!! I know I should stick to the liquids, just curious if anyone cheated!!

1st post on page78 of this thread.

What is pouch dialation? I am at the library and I only get an hour a day to use the computer. I couldn't find it in the section of complications where it said to go to read about it. What is it and what causes it? Or can someone direct me to where I can read this post about it? Thanks a lot, Denise