Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I finally found the laughing cow cheese. I didn't know there were so many flavors. Which one do you like, Audree? I bought the one that said light, because it had less calories.

I ate a ton today but it was fresh crab. There is no way to judge how many cups or whatever, but I ate one and a half crabs. Hopefully, that will carry me through the night. It was a crab feed for charity so it was at a wierd time. I ate at about 3:30. For Breakfast I just had a slim fast. So again, I have no clue how many calories I ate today.

I go for my first fill tomorrow!! It's kind of scary to me, because sometimes I can feel food getting stuck without any fill. That's when I forget I am banded and try to wolf my food down. I am reminded in a hurry because it hurts!!

Good luck everyone in the coming week with good eating habits!!

:confused::):):biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I eat the regular and another one that I can't remember the flavor,like onion or something. I am supposed to get a fill within a week or so, and I am wondering how things will be. I can eat anything right now.

I can't eat anything, but I can eat a lot! But still not as much as I used to eat, for which I am thankful.

Hello Everyone -

Haven't posted in awhile - did go back through to catch up - You guys are doing great. I called the insurance co today. The rep said - "Yes you were approved, but it doesn't look like they mailed your letter". So they are to mail it today or tomorrow and when I receive it I will be on my way. I will check in later -

well i am having one heck of a day

did i mention that i generally do not eat meat? yeah....that makes this fun.

i do eat some fish-the person above who said crab--that is something that is TERRIFIC for you. i know if i ate cheese and crab, i would be STUCK STUCK STUCK. my band is funny about texture. it is like it does not move unless i have some form of Fiber, but not Beans. the skin of beans just kills me everytime. i love beans too. so today i ate a zuchini and a some steamed carrots, though not too soft. it gags me to death if it is too soft.

anyway, i am just rambling along because i am frustrated today.

the joy of this, i know!

oh yeah and i cannot change my ticker because i forgot my password LOL!!

I had my first fill today. It was completely painless. I had heard that it didn't hurt so I wasn't really worried about it. He found my port immediately and it was over with in seconds.

Now I can find out if I really do have any restriction. I am kind of excited to find out if my portions will really go down. I really want to start losing again.

WOW, so great you started this thread.. my bmi is 38. i am only 4'11. i started the journey today with my consult and the dr's office filing with the ins. luckily my ins does not say no very often. i do have one co-morbidity- high cholesterol.. i plan on bugging my ins co EVERY DAY. i hope to know before the dr does.. lol

Hey guys!!

Supergenius: How did your day go?

Bikergrl: Let us know what happens!!

Miss Banster: I am sorry you are having trouble with your food choices. What kind of foods can you eat and not have problems with? I have a really good lapband cookbook I can look at for you.

Denise: Glad to hear the fill went well. I am supposed to get mine too, but have to find someone to go with me from Rancho Cucamonga, or near it to TJ this week or next week. How many cc's did they put in? Let us know if you have restriction and what it feels like!

Missy 67: Welcome to our little group!!! Keep us posted!!!

Bikergirl, It is very exciting to have the approval and be on your way! YAY!

Miss Bandster, I have trouble too, although I have sort of figured out what is working for me now. Audree definitely knows a million different resources, so I hope you take her up on her suggestions. I don't cook so unless the cookbook comes with a chef I am SOL, LOL.

Denise keep us posted on your fill and how it feels!

Missy, I am glad you are here and looking forward to your contributions.

Audree, I am doing just alright today. I didn't workout or keep track of my calories today. I am going to get back on the wagon tomorrow with it all. I am taking a statistics class online and I forgot I had to do homework and take a quiz so I was busy all night with it. If anyone wants to know the probability that I will not do procrastinate both homework and quizzes at the same time again, I will be happy to calculate it for them!

Hi,

I'm so excited.... I finally got banded by Dr. Ortiz last Friday Feb 9th.

I can't believe I worried so much about the operation/etc. The pain was totally minimal. I would say much less than having to go to the dentist.

Dr. Ortiz and his staff were sooooo wonderful! & not to mention he is so hot!

When he came in my room to talk to me before the surgery, I had a hard time concentrating on what he was saying :).....he definatly is Mr. personality and so handsome.

Well...anyways, getting back on track to my question: I've been on the clear liquid diet now for 3 days. Dr. Miranda said I only have to do the Clear Liquids for 3 days, and then on day 4 I can add in some liquid yogurt.

I was rereading my directions and didn't realize I was suppossed to be only drinking 1/2 cup of liquid at a time. I've been drinking alot so I feel full, and now I'm totally worried I've stretched out my pouch. I also feel super hungry and I know it's more than just mental hunger. I hope I didn't mess everything up. Also, I've read that some people on here are feeling some restriction before they even get a fill. I know that I do not have any restriction. I seriously don't feel a thing. IT's as if I never had an operation, except for the area where the port is and that's a bit tender/sore.

Has anyone else experienced being super hungry during their clear liquid phase the first week?

Thank you,

Mindy :girl_hug:

So you are even a bit shorter than I am. I was banded in Oct "05. I am 5" tall. So far I have lost only 35 lbs. However, I know it is 35 lbs I would not have lost w/out the band. I had extenuating circumstances (hiatal hernia, reflux aspiration, unexplained fevers etc.) that probably delayed my weight loss. I am back on track w/1.0 in a 4.0 band -- and I am losing about 3 lbs every month. It is not a lot, but at 5'0" and 158 lbs, I am not complaining. Every pound lost is a blessing.

Hi Mindy,

I was so hungry too...On day 4, I had yogurt and that really helped...I was told my band is very loose and that must be why I can drink more, I guess...I drink a lot of Water and that hepls me feel full too..

Try the Carnation, that will help too....I was told I could add that on day 4 too... That was my evening treat....My BMI was at 30 when Ii had surgery..As of today being 10 days post op I have lost 11 lbs....Yeah....

We just have to keep thinking it's only going to get better...

How do you like your scars????Mine are super small, I am very happy with the outcome....

Rosedown- i debated heavily between the band and the bypass, but felt that bypass was a bit to extreme for the amount of wt i want to lose. the 110 is my personal goal.. Dr Cribbins suggest about 120-125

Hello Everyone -

Haven't posted in awhile - did go back through to catch up - You guys are doing great. I called the insurance co today. The rep said - "Yes you were approved, but it doesn't look like they mailed your letter". So they are to mail it today or tomorrow and when I receive it I will be on my way. I will check in later -

WooHoo Veronica!!!!!!!

Susan, I go to school too. The classes that I am taking now are half online and half on Saturday's. ALL DAY SATURDAY!! They are longgggg days, let me tell you. But luckily each class only has three meetings. This semester I am only taking 2 classes. I have been killing myself taking a full load. I am enjoying this time to get going with my exercise. I know it is the key to help me get this weight off in a reasonable amount of time.

I hope you have a great day!!

I so miss talking to you guys - I kindof got busy there and the computer was the last thing on the list. I have a 10 year old and twins (boy/girl) that are 8 and we have had a full schedule these past couple of weeks.

Jules: Thanks - I can wait to be part of the "Group"

Babygotback - You are so encouraging - I'm not even going through some of the stuff you are addressing but I get encouraged when you post.

We have planned our camping trip for spring break. We are going to Jellystone Park in Waller, TX. Spring Break is in March - I hope to be banded before then - if not it will have to wait until I get back. My kids are so looking forward to camping.

I'm now in the "Get the house together mood". I read that I should have everthing done so I don't have to do anything while I'm recovering.

My treadmill is broke so I plan to put it in the shop BEFORE surgery so I have no excuses when the time comes.

Hey - I know they say if your doing something with your hands you won't snack. I subscribe to a site called grocerygame.com. It saves me $$$$ on grocerys. When I cut the coupons out of the papers, I notice I don't snack. So I try to do it at night (when I would normally eat), on my breaks at work, etc. But it is great, I know we can't eat ALOT, but it saves when you know when to buy products and when you use coupons. Check it out, again its grocerygame.com.

Well I will be back on a little later -