Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Supergensis,

Can you remind me where you are in your lap band journey. If you are banded or when you will be banded. How you are feeling? All that good stuff.

Madden

audree! once again you rocked my world. i was just researching erosion and you posted this!!! everything is just falling in place so well. i keep getting excited-er and excited-er (i made up a new word!)

i'm test running a liquid diet just for a day or so to get an idea of how miserable i'll be. LOL. me likes me food!!! if all goes well with everything, i should be banded by valentine's day!!!

Thank you Audree for posting your doctor's post about erosion. That is something I have been worrying about. I just can't afford anything to happen.

I just had my 2 week post op check. I was worried my surgeon was going to charge me something because he removed polyups when he did my banding. He said pathology probably would charge for their examination of

them, but he didn't charge anything. I was glad to hear that. I was afraid some doctors want money for every little thing they do. I should have known he wasn't like that because he really is sweet, but you never know.

Where do you find this Skinny Cow cheese? Is it near the cream cheese?

Hey Guys!!!

I have been out all day due to the kids having the day off!!

I am glad you all benefited from the letter I was sent from Dr. Ortiz staff. They are awesome.

I had some pureed Campbell Soup Clam chowder, creamy enough to drink from a straw, and I think somehow I ate to much. My stomach hurts and I feel nauseous..

It is really called Laughing Cow, my bad!!!! It is with all the cheese!!!

HEHEHE

Hello all!

It's so hard to post to each individual person, but I love everyone's posts. It's so great to have everyone experiencing the same things I am and having a place to come and share about it.

I have been reading about everyone and their experiences with eating with others. - When the time comes that I get to eat lunch or dinner out, I plan to just say I am dieting, really counting calories, and being very careful about portions sizes. I have read in my many diet failures about a portion being the size of a deck of cards, and I will just have to remind anyone that's what I am aiming for.

I had my 2 week post op check and everyone was amazed that I never experienced one second of any kind of pain. I guess I was just lucky. They were very happy about the 12 lb loss in 17 days. They said people usually start losing well at 6 weeks, because the first 6 weeks your body is traumatized from the surgery and it thinks it needs to hold weight. There was a man there for his 6 week check and he had lost 30 lbs. Men always lose way faster than women do though. I am excited to have my first fill scheduled for 2-12.

I read another thread in the general discussion part of lapband talk, where people were asking about the success rate for people over 50. I have been worrying about that too, because they say the older you get the harder it is to lose. There were a lot of people who wrote that they are steadily losing, even if they are over 50. I feel so lucky that lapband talk is here for all of us. I can't imagine doing this alone.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!:P:clap2::biggrin1:

At first I was really bad about drinking while eating. I think I could have really lost a lot more by now. I am getting better about waiting the hour or at least 30 min. before I take a sip. I am just so used to washing my food down. That's the biggest problem that I have...the second is my sweet tooth it's like after 2pm I have to have chocolate and I have been noticing that when I am following the rules the craving for a Twix almost takes over! I think I miss the crunch when I am eating all protien and veggies b/c I normally like Milkyway. :P My doc wouldn't agree but I have still been taking my Adipex to curb my sweet cravings and to help me not graze all day until I reach my sweet spot...what ever that is...

Another excuse to use when out with friends is that you are doing a detox. I have done so many different types of detox, the maple Syrup and lemon for three days detox, the veggie shake only detox, pills to detox, etc. Since your body it detoxing you can generally only have organic fish or organic chicken, veggies or just broth.< /p>

I think the detox is a really good idea for the liquid phase. People really wonder what you are doing after a couple of days.

I was banded on January 5th so on Friday it will be two weeks. I am getting hungry again. My hunger kind of goes in waves. Not hungry at all then it builds to really hungry and then it wanes again. Why I don't know.

I pureed some chili tonight until it was totally smooth. And I wish it wasn't, LOL. Now that I am used to creamy stuff I want to chew stuff! Pureed chili isn't quite the same as regular chili. But the good news is that I am full.

I think the detox is a really good idea for the liquid phase. People really wonder what you are doing after a couple of days.

I was banded on January 5th so on Friday it will be two weeks. I am getting hungry again. My hunger kind of goes in waves. Not hungry at all then it builds to really hungry and then it wanes again. Why I don't know.

I pureed some chili tonight until it was totally smooth. And I wish it wasn't, LOL. Now that I am used to creamy stuff I want to chew stuff! Pureed chili isn't quite the same as regular chili. But the good news is that I am full.

Supergenius, how much chili were you able to eat? I had a Campbells select cup of Soup that was 15 oz and I feel really sick right now, nauseous and over full. I didn't feel like that as I was eating. Did I over do it!

Also, what kind of chili did you buy or did you make it?

Audree,

I overdid it one day and I really felt overfull. I wasn't quite nauseated to where I was going to throw up but I didn't feel good. I wasn't able to sleep very well that night and the next day I was full until lunch. It definitely took a while to go down.

I was able to eat a whole can of pureed chili. I think my swelling is on its way down and I am starting to get hungry again. The first day I was on the thicker stuff I was really full. My body seems to be a lot more used to it today.

If today is an indication then my first couple of weeks on solid food again I am going to be wanting to chow down at least some of the time. I am definitely getting the major hunger sensations and feeling occassionally like I just want to EAT but for the most part it comes and goes. As opposed to being a never ending nagging voice in my head.

Also fear is a great motivator to make me not exactly jump onto that craving and ride the wave into a pig out.

Not really looking to slip my band the first 30 days I have it, LOL.

Audree,

I overdid it one day and I really felt overfull. I wasn't quite nauseated to where I was going to throw up but I didn't feel good. I wasn't able to sleep very well that night and the next day I was full until lunch. It definitely took a while to go down.

I was able to eat a whole can of pureed chili. I think my swelling is on its way down and I am starting to get hungry again. The first day I was on the thicker stuff I was really full. My body seems to be a lot more used to it today.

If today is an indication then my first couple of weeks on solid food again I am going to be wanting to chow down at least some of the time. I am definitely getting the major hunger sensations and feeling occassionally like I just want to EAT but for the most part it comes and goes. As opposed to being a never ending nagging voice in my head.

I feel straight out nauseous and I am not sliming, but saliva is being produced like when you are going to throw up. Laying down is the only thing helping somewhat. I am definitely not going to eat dinner!!!

I have had major restriction and thought that the Soup would be okay since it was so runny. I didn't realize I had to watch my portions with liquids if It felt okay while eating. The other days I clearly knew when I HAD to stop. I don't want to feel sick like this again. I hate this feeling. Somone somewhere said to have 1/2 a cup of any type of food, wait fifteen minutes and if you are still hungry have a 1/4. I didn't listen!!!:P

I have also learned that it is better to eat slowly, even liquids and to wait about 15 minutes before snarfing what I think is a good portion.

My swelling is going down and I am not having really any super full feelings today. But I have had a night like that and a couple of meals where I ate too much at a time.

I hope you feel better. Sorry. If you are like me it is going to last a while and really there probably isn't much you can do. I am sending you a cyber arm squeeze (I'd send a cyber hug but even that probably wouldn't feel too good right now)!

Thanks Susan.

I hate this feeling. I hope I learn so when it comes time to solids and mushies I don't do this again but would definitely PB then!!!

I will definitely take my time. I was just so eager and was out all day and a little hungry. I was also at my grandmas and felt I had to eat faster than normal. I ate at "normal" pace.

I was thinking about having a fruit pop. Normally when I am nauseous, something cold makes me feel better.

My stomach feels so full, I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it works for you. Do you think it will make you even more full?

When I got like that, and I don't think I was as bad as you are right now, I was afraid to put one more thing in my mouth. I had thought maybe Water would help it go down but ultimately decided to just go to bed and do nothing.