Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 6/7. I packed my robe and comfy pj bottoms...never touched them. I couldn't put my arm in my robe with my iv anyway. Backwards robe it is! Plus, I didn't want to have any blood stains on my robe so it was easier.

I never put anything on my lower half. I had a catheter for a day and a half so no need.

I kept my phone, which my daughter said I would give a mean "heroine nod" after pushing my pain pump. She said I'd be mid- text and my hand would slowly drift down into my lap and my head into my chest. Lol...no need for gadgets.

All I needed and USED was my toothbrush, toothpaste (and you didn't need that!), my contacts, glasses, phone and charger and one pair of undies for the ride home. THAT WAS IT. They have towels and washcloths, shower gel, baby oil, body lotion and mouthwash along with the toothbrush and paste.

There was enough on the tv to keep me entertained between nods so, that was it.

June 17th here. Getting nervous!

I am scheduled for the 17th as well. My game plan is not to waste my energy on being scared or nervous. I'm just putting the actual surgery out of my mind and focus on getting organized for post op. Sure I'll be nervous on the daddy of but for now I am channeling my energy elsewhere. Good luck!

@ Jennie....I totally agree not wasting engery worring...I'm focusing on getting things ready, and monday I will take care of any loose ends early, then relax with family, turn in early for a good nights rest and up for my time on tuesday..:-)

I am scheduled for the 17th as well. My game plan is not to waste my energy on being scared or nervous. I'm just putting the actual surgery out of my mind and focus on getting organized for post op. Sure I'll be nervous on the daddy of but for now I am channeling my energy elsewhere. Good luck!

Same here, jennyzee. Trying to not think about the surgery itself, just postops supplies and stuff.

Cleaning out the pantry today- lots to donate and throw out. I'm going to girly up my Protein powders by putting them in large wide lipped vintage glass jars. :) Who needs ugly plastic bottles?

Hello my June sleeveer, i am back from thr hospital, if some say this easy , i don't want to disappoint you but very hard for me. Maybe my other help issues most like it my allergy to morphine so I had to deal with the pain because I got hives. I am glad to be home,.. My sixteen year old daughter is really helpful to bring me stuff or crash the pills for me , now I am taking a

Pain killer that only last for 2 hours but I have to

Take it every for, imagine that...

I lost a total of 12 pounds with the preop diet when from 183 to 171 the day of the surgery. I don't have the strength to go to the scale but i will post soon

Hey all. I just wanted to share how my surgery went. I was sleeved yesterday morning. When I first woke up, I had some gas pain that made it a little hard to breathe at first. Pain meds kicked in and I was managing fine. Vitals were all go and only minor nausea. I was discharged same day. Last night I felt worse as gas pains really kicked in. Kept trying to drink my fluids but Water made me nauseous. Just remember to walk, walk, walk as much as you can if you have gas pains. Today I am doing better. This morning was a bit rough but progressively better as the day went on. Drinking Propell 0 has helped and popsicles help me too. Doctor also prescribe a suppository to help with the nausea. So overall, recouping is going well. Some ppl had no pain, others had lots and I kinda feel I'm right in the middle. Keeping the eye on the prize though! I figure I can handle 2 to 3 days of discomfort bc I know what the end result is gonn be! Wishing you all the best! Prayers for speedy and quick recoveries. :)

I packed lite but needed even less.

What I used. A robe for floor walks' date=' to cover my nekkid behind. And slippers.

My iPOD, I listened to hours & hours of music

My phone so that wife & I could stay in touch

What I DID NOT use. Laptop, extra clothes, even undies... They wanted us all au-naturale.

Took a long time for me to pee. Was very 'dry'. They finally gave me so much Fluid by IV that I started...

DID NOT have a BM for 5 days, and when the 'damn broke' had 1 & 1/2 days of watery diarrhea. That was no fun.

NOW, a week and a day after surgery, Never had ANY nausea or vomiting. Discomfort long gone. Still very tired and nap 1 or 2 times a day. Can get in all liquids, can get in most of Proteins.< /p>

HAVE NOT lost weight and was told not to expect to in the first week or so. I ain't worried! Follow the program and the weight will slide off![/quote']

Thanks for sharing your experience !!!!

Hey all. I just wanted to share how my surgery went. I was sleeved yesterday morning. When I first woke up' date=' I had some gas pain that made it a little hard to breathe at first. Pain meds kicked in and I was managing fine. Vitals were all go and only minor nausea. I was discharged same day. Last night I felt worse as gas pains really kicked in. Kept trying to drink my fluids but Water made me nauseous. Just remember to walk, walk, walk as much as you can if you have gas pains. Today I am doing better. This morning was a bit rough but progressively better as the day went on. Drinking Propell 0 has helped and popsicles help me too. Doctor also prescribe a suppository to help with the nausea. So overall, recouping is going well. Some ppl had no pain, others had lots and I kinda feel I'm right in the middle. Keeping the eye on the prize though! I figure I can handle 2 to 3 days of discomfort bc I know what the end result is gonn be! Wishing you all the best! Prayers for speedy and quick recoveries. :)[/quote']

That is great they let you out the same day!!!

Day 9 preop...sooo ready for the 18th...weight in yesterday 305.5...at my preop class 317...start weight prior to 6 month nut classes 347....highest weight 349...feeling pretty good this morning reflecting...

Aline !! I am so happy to read your post. I am day 4 out of 16 preop. Today is hard !! When is your date ??? 305 is great because soon you will be in the twos!!!

Started my pre-op diet this morning!! 2 weeks from today I will be sleeved (that is June 26)!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!! Keep posting ! I need preop buddies !