Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the Band was horrible did ur insurance approve of it

I am lucky to live in Australia and we don't have the same process here. As long as we have private health insurance and find a surgeon willing to carry out the surgery it is all good. I had my band for 5 years and had a bmi of 23 ...... until the little band decided to get a mind of its own and start playing up. I knew there was something wrong and am so glad that I went with my gut feeling and had all of the fill removed in January and then the band removed in April. Will be happy to fit back in my clothes again!!!

Today (June 12), is my day! Just ready to go to the clinic. Very nervous!! Wish me luck dear June Sleevers!

Today (June 12)' date=' is my day! Just ready to go to the clinic. Very nervous!! Wish me luck dear June Sleevers![/quote']

Prayers coming your way. You'll do great and I can't wait to hear from you later.

Today (June 12)' date=' is my day! Just ready to go to the clinic. Very nervous!! Wish me luck dear June Sleevers![/quote']

(((Hugs))) and prayers are coming your way! You will do great, I have you a seat saved next to me on the losers bench!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

Today (June 12), is my day! Just ready to go to the clinic. Very nervous!! Wish me luck dear June Sleevers!

Good Luck!

Good job!! I walked away from birthday cake for someone at work today!! I have NEVER done that but I start my pre op diet tomorrow and everyone at work knows about my surgery so I did not think cake would be a good choice' date=' lol.[/quote']

I did that at work and shocked them all too. IT FELT GREAT.

Day 9 preop...sooo ready for the 18th...weight in yesterday 305.5...at my preop class 317...start weight prior to 6 month nut classes 347....highest weight 349...feeling pretty good this morning reflecting...

Started my pre-op diet this morning!! 2 weeks from today I will be sleeved (that is June 26)!!!

Good Luck!! Prayers for a safe surgery and a quick recovery coming your way!

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery & CONGRATS!

I did it yesterday! I feel great, yesterday no pain at all, today just a little sore at the spot they pulled the stomach out. Tolerating liquids...so far so good. A lot easier than I anticipated. Yay me!

I have read all different responses to "what do you bring to the hospital" question, but want to see if there are any post op sleevers that have some suggestions??

June 11 is coming fast and furious!

I packed lite but needed even less.

What I used. A robe for floor walks, to cover my nekkid behind. And slippers.

My iPOD, I listened to hours & hours of music

My phone so that wife & I could stay in touch

What I DID NOT use. Laptop, extra clothes, even undies... They wanted us all au-naturale.

Took a long time for me to pee. Was very 'dry'. They finally gave me so much Fluid by IV that I started...

DID NOT have a BM for 5 days, and when the 'damn broke' had 1 & 1/2 days of watery diarrhea. That was no fun.

NOW, a week and a day after surgery, Never had ANY nausea or vomiting. Discomfort long gone. Still very tired and nap 1 or 2 times a day. Can get in all liquids, can get in most of Proteins.< /p>

HAVE NOT lost weight and was told not to expect to in the first week or so. I ain't worried! Follow the program and the weight will slide off!