Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you think you did for a good recovery

For me although I was tempted by what other surgeons said I followed my surgeons to a t I wanted to feel confident when I was under. I started weight watchers to learn how to journal and what three ounces looks like, I picked up my working out in fact did a two mile power walk morning of my surgery. I took my Protein to my last nut appt to make sure it was good stuff it wasn't easy with a 21 month old but its doable and I think that's why I'm having a great recovery. Exception gas but I knew going in that revision was higher for that. I have no gas either. So what helped you in case others are reading

I did three and a half months of an 800 calorie 80 grams of Protein VLCD and lost 45 pounds before surgery. I also ate a very anti-inflammatory diet. The effectiveness of this is controversial but I believed it helped me. I did not eat any grain products. I ate a lot of leafy greens and on most days I enjoyed a kale/ginger/lemon juice which is SUPER anti-inflammatory... I did this for more than three months leading up to my surgery.

The day after my surgery I had a problem with my IV and the nurses could not get a decent vein. I had just passed my leak test so I asked my doctor if I could just try drinking all my fluids and maybe we could skip the IV.. he didn't think it was possible since I had already started to become dehydrated due to my IV drip stopping during the night, but he agreed to let me try and he was SHOCKED that I drank 80 ounces of Water that first day and I swallowed my pills easily too.

On the day of my discharge from the hospital, the doctor checked my incisions and was surprised that they were healed enough to not require covering. My discharge instructions said to keep them covered with clean bandages for a few more days.. but he crossed that out and said since they're already healed that I only needed to cover the one where he had just removed the drain.

Like I said, maybe it was just luck and I'm just a fast healer, but I like to believe that my preop preparation had something to do with it. Then again, there are people who do no preop diet at all and heal super fast too so what do I know!

I did three and a half months of an 800 calorie 80 grams of Protein VLCD and lost 45 pounds before surgery. I also ate a very anti-inflammatory diet. The effectiveness of this is controversial but I believed it helped me. I did not eat any grain products. I ate a lot of leafy greens and on most days I enjoyed a kale/ginger/lemon juice which is SUPER anti-inflammatory... I did this for more than three months leading up to my surgery.

The day after my surgery I had a problem with my IV and the nurses could not get a decent vein. I had just passed my leak test so I asked my doctor if I could just try drinking all my fluids and maybe we could skip the IV.. he didn't think it was possible since I had already started to become dehydrated due to my IV drip stopping during the night' date=' but he agreed to let me try and he was SHOCKED that I drank 80 ounces of Water that first day and I swallowed my pills easily too.

On the day of my discharge from the hospital, the doctor checked my incisions and was surprised that they were healed enough to not require covering. My discharge instructions said to keep them covered with clean bandages for a few more days.. but he crossed that out and said since they're already healed that I only needed to cover the one where he had just removed the drain.

Like I said, maybe it was just luck and I'm just a fast healer, but I like to believe that my preop preparation had something to do with it. Then again, there are people who do no preop diet at all and heal super fast too so what do I know![/quote']

I would interested in learning more about your anti-inflammatory?! I haven't yet started my pre-op diet I have to lose 23 lbs before my insurance will even cover my surgery. I would like to do it as quickly as possible!

The day after my surgery I had a problem with my IV and the nurses could not get a decent vein. I had just passed my leak test so I asked my doctor if I could just try drinking all my fluids and maybe we could skip the IV.. he didn't think it was possible since I had already started to become dehydrated due to my IV drip stopping during the night' date=' but he agreed to let me try and he was SHOCKED that I drank 80 ounces of Water that first day and I swallowed my pills easily too.

Like I said, maybe it was just luck and I'm just a fast healer, but I like to believe that my preop preparation had something to do with it. Then again, there are people who do no preop diet at all and heal super fast too so what do I know![/quote']

Sounds great. You did fabulous. I took moringa powder pre op. approved it with doctor and I believe I had such an easy time no gas etc. that it truly helped. Like you I have healed fast as well. My nausea is now under control

Where did you get the lemon ginger kale juice? Did you make it?