Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 12 days ago, I feel good but I imagine it will be a while before I wear jeans. How long postop did it take before you wore jeans?

I don't think I put on a pair of jeans for the first month:o I am a creature that loves comfort!

Surgery was on 4/10. I wore jeans for the first time after surgery today. Wednesday will be 4 weeks so almost a month for me too.

At about 2 1/2 weeks but the waistband hurt so I only wore them a few hours at a time.

I'm 11 days out and wore jeans a week after surgery. Not the most comfortable option, but I wanted to try. I've done it a couple times since.

I'm 12 days post op, and I haven't made it through a whole day wearing jeans yet. I change right into an old comfy pair of yoga pants. Also haven't been able to comfortably wear a bra yet. Hellooo hippy me!!

Lol, I've had a bra on since my release from the hospital but I'm looking at my jeans like-Nah!

I'm 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery. I won't attempt jeans yet!!! I was able to wear a sports bra comfortably about a week after surgery!! And a regular bra I just started wearing about 2 weeks out!

Five days. My incisions were all above my belly button and I had absolutely no discomfort or pain in my lower abdomen.

I bought several long "Maxi" dresses so I won't have to worry about wearing pants. And I can't wear yoga pants to work, otherwise i would. LOL

Lol, my incisions are high too but I'm short waisted. I bought soooo many maxi dressed, planning on taking them to the seamstress every month for a fitting instead of buying new clothes constantly.

This is something I am worried about. I wear jeans every day and I have a 10 hour shift sit down job. I have to return to work a week after surgery and I don't know what I am going to wear! I hate to buy clothes that fit now because maybe I won't have trouble wearing jeans. I have one maxi dress that fits and one that is too big from when I was fatter that I could maybe adapt. I'm also wondering how hard it is to sit a few hours at a time a week post-op? I guess there is no way of knowing so I will just think positively and deal with it when I must. I can't imagine going to work without a bra on though!

Surgery is 3 weeks & 2 days away - May 27th.

Go to Ross. They've got a TON. If dresses right now. I bought some that were two sizes smaller. With the dresses like these, they're flexible and can be worn longer.

Thanks Jacquelynn. It's funny my boss is the Ross Queen, she wears nothing but maxi dresses from Ross. I figure I'll get comments about dressing like her but I guess I may have to just laugh it off and do it.

I think my sewing machine is going to get a real workout soon!

This is something I am worried about. I wear jeans every day and I have a 10 hour shift sit down job. I have to return to work a week after surgery and I don't know what I am going to wear! I hate to buy clothes that fit now because maybe I won't have trouble wearing jeans. I have one maxi dress that fits and one that is too big from when I was fatter that I could maybe adapt. I'm also wondering how hard it is to sit a few hours at a time a week post-op? I guess there is no way of knowing so I will just think positively and deal with it when I must. I can't imagine going to work without a bra on though!

Surgery is 3 weeks & 2 days away - May 27th.

Sitting was really uncomfortable regardless of what I wore. For me it had nothing to do with the pressure of clothing on me, it was just the incision sites which were far above my waistband that would hurt after a short time sitting... If I sat with a slight recline I was fine. Standing was fine too.. but sitting did bother me. If you work at a decent company, you may be able to get an adjustable desk that you can raise up and use from the standing position when you're feeling uncomfortable from sitting.. The company I used to work for had a few that they could set up for you if you had a medical need. Talk to HR.. can't hurt.