Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dying to be thin

I have lost 52lbs as of today. Ive been in a stall for about 6 weeks. Thats why I started eating pita chips and fruit to up my calories to see if it would help. But after eating them I feel guilty and vomit. I have a food diary that I write everything down in. I eat about 900 calories a day including the pita chips and fruit. I always count the Snacks even if I throw them up. Im looking on line now to find a counseler. Thanks for all the feed back.

I have lost 52lbs as of today. Ive been in a stall for about 6 weeks. Thats why I started eating pita chips and fruit to up my calories to see if it would help. But after eating them I feel guilty and vomit. I have a food diary that I write everything down in. I eat about 900 calories a day including the pita chips and fruit. I always count the Snacks even if I throw them up. Im looking on line now to find a counseler. Thanks for all the feed back.

I wonder if you can call overeaters anonymous in your area to see if they are a good fit (for the purging)? Thats a free support group.

Please know that 900 calories is NOT a lot! I know you have a few people that run around here touting that they only eat 600 a day but that's just not realistic for MOST of us! You need to let go of that guilt.

Your weight loss sounds great by the way..

My whole six months has been a stall it seems but it does come off a pound here and a pound there... It's just the way it works for some if us.

I'm glad you are looking online to seek some assistance. Sometimes it doesn't take much, and the fact that you are concerned enough to do something is good. Just keep looking till you find someone.

You know, you tried to eat 900 calories because you wanted to increase to attempt to lose. But when you purge, you obviously are not getting those calories, which is defeating the purpose, and you are still stalled. Do you think you could just decide to not throw up for a few days, see how you feel?

Another observation....even though you've been stuck for 6 weeks, you still have lost a lot of weight in a short time. You can only lose so fast. It seems like if we can lose 25 pounds in one month by eating so little, it should happen every month if we keep doing the same thing, but it does not work that way. If we lose 2-3 pounds a week, on average over a period of time, we are doing great. You said you are not quite 5 months out, so that puts you at an average of over 10 pounds a month, which is more than 2 pounds a week. Sometimes it's all in our expectations. Best of luck to you.

What has your surgeon said about your ability to eat as you did prior to surgery?

Yeah.. That's about my weight loss. Fact, it better than me!

What has your surgeon said about your ability to eat as you did prior to surgery?

I had my surgery in Mexico so I havent had any support other than everyone on here.

I had my surgery in Mexico so I havent had any support other than everyone on here.

That's defiantly a tough situation. I can relate to the guilty feeling. I also admit that be been tempted a few times to make myself vomit. Perhaps thinking about the reasons you chose this surgery in the first place will help when you feel like purging.

How has your search been going for a counselor? I saw a thread earlier for over eaters anonymous thats a good resource. Also I know at my gastric center they welcome anyone to the support groups who wants to join. I'd urge you to look in your area for free groups as well.

It's common after a huge lifestyle change when we feel that we lose control (like getting sleeved) it often feels like too fast of a change. Since we were used to controlling large amounts of food in our body before, now we can control food that goes out. Perhaps you can find an alternate outlet that gives you similar relief to purging? Art, music, friends? I don't mean to get personal but using your supports such as friends family ect is also very important. Good luck Hun!

So, the more details that come out, regarding your stats and eating, the more I realize that your sleeve did not fail, that your sleeve is behaving exactly the way a still healing post-op would behave. Yes, you are still healing, at 5 months out! You recongize that your behavior is unhealthy, you recognize that there is a major mental component to your behavior which means you know what to do. You say you don't have the money to seek help, how did you finance the surgery 5 months ago? Insurance? Because insurance will cover some mental health, and there are free services in some communities ... I feel your pain, I'll admit, I have been tempted to vomit, and truth be told I have done it once or twice, so I do understand.

Thanks for everyone responding. I have upped my protien to 4oz at meals and it seems to help. Im not purging anymore. Ive decided that I really dont want that life back again. I have found an eating disorder counselor that is inexpensive. Thank you all for your support.

Im so happy for you. Anytime you need someone to listen Im here. Just PM me.

Not sure why you want to change your name and hide' date=' but ok. I seriously think in order to help you need professional help and there are a lot of options if you research it.

I am sorry your VSG failed, but I'm assuming your surgeon has more answers than what you have shared with us. I don't believe there are failed VSG surgeries that can't be corrected.[/quote']

I don't agree her sleeve fail I think it's a mental thing w her relationship w food my opinion ..

I'm sorry this is happening to you .. I wish you would have not changed your name because I like most addiction ppl had be hide things and in order to get better you have to face reality w how your effecting your health and if you have to hide be hide another name in my opinion your not ready to face reality it's almost like denial in another form cause your admitting but your hiding behind a fake name so as long I get answer but they don't kno who I am I won't feel ashamed of what I'm doing but I wish you the best and plz get help for this your in my prayers

Im not new here. I have been apart of this forum for about 5 months now. Ive changed my name as to be not reconized. My problem is' date=' I have been sleeved now for almost 5 months and I can eat about the same amount as before I was sleeved. So I have decided to start purging what I eat. I know I need some professionel help but can not afford it. What I am asking is what would you do if you were in my shoes and did not have the funds to seek help. And why do you thibk my sleeve might have streched. I stuck to this diet to a T.[/quote']

Do you have a regular doctor you see? I am assuming you do not have health insurance or?

I see a social worker at a hospital and a bariatric therapist.... Social worker is free- my regular doctor has insisted I see her till my life gets under control (outrageous amount of stress). Bariatric therapist is $30 monthly with insurance.

There IS free help out there, PM if you want more info.

Thanks for everyone responding. I have upped my protien to 4oz at meals and it seems to help. Im not purging anymore. Ive decided that I really dont want that life back again. I have found an eating disorder counselor that is inexpensive. Thank you all for your support.

I have struggled with bulimia and binge eating for years pre sleeve. My tooth enamel is shot, I have gastritis, and I binged and purged my way to 254 lbs. I truly hope you can break this cycle. It is hard. I have vomited several times since being sleeved, mostly b/c I slime when I eat too much or too fast, however it does bring back old feelings of comfort and control- weird I know because purging shows just how out of control we really are. I sincerely hope you have stopped purging but would not be surprised if you still are- it is a very hard cycle to break. Get as much support as you can- tell a close friend, most WLS clinics have free support groups open to anyone, join VSG groups on Facebook, do the works. My old shrink said that my disordered eating was in part due to job-related stress, got significantly better when I changed departments and hence supervisors at my company. Now I actively seek ways to reduce stress. I hope you can determine the factors that trigger you as well so that you can do something about it. Good luck to you on this journey.

I wonder if you can call overeaters anonymous in your area to see if they are a good fit (for the purging)? Thats a free support group.

Please know that 900 calories is NOT a lot! I know you have a few people that run around here touting that they only eat 600 a day but that's just not realistic for MOST of us! You need to let go of that guilt.

Your weight loss sounds great by the way..

My whole six months has been a stall it seems but it does come off a pound here and a pound there... It's just the way it works for some if us.

This advice helps me a lot and I hope it helps the OP. 600 calories doesn't work for me either!