Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we smoke 6 days after the procedure?

Bookoo I wouldnt. Just think its still not good for you. You had the surgery to get rid of bad habits. Why not take them all out in one swoop? Make the complete change. You can do it.

Soooooooooo Copenhagen snuff is a yesssss or nooo ??? Lol

Ask your doctor. PLEASE ask your doctor lol!

Haha I'd say anything with nicotine is a no go.

As for sweet tea' date=' think about getting the McD version that is SF and add as many splenda as you like for sweetening. For a large, I add about 8 splenda. It was a good drink in the first few weeks post op when out and about. McD is everywhere. Cheap too @ 1 dollar for a large.[/quote']

I drink SF sweet tea religiously. I make my own at home (caffeine free) with splenda or stevia and add some benefiber that can't be tasted. Also, Walmart sells SF sweet tea gallons. Just beware of any fasts food tea, you can get it SF and add sweetener but it's still likely caffeinated so has diuretic qualities. When I get tea at a restaurant and sweeten it myself I just don't count it in daily Fluid intake :) not that it's a huge deal, but if you're like me and drink it like most people drink coffee or soda the caffeine adds up and throws off the balance of your Fluid intake :)

Actually' date=' about 80 % of the emotions and changes that happen after the sleeve are common among most. Read up. You can do it right here on this forum. Thanks so much for letting us all know your opinion and good job in diagnosing what is or isn't my bag. I'll be able to rest peacefully tonight now that I know just what my problems are:)[/quote']

I need not read up, I did that for 3 years before even approaching my doctors and insurance companies. Thanks for pointing out the wealth of information this site holds though, hopefully a few people will stumble upon this and study before they jump into a life changing procedure. :)

I also just got a horrible mental image of sliming with snuff in the mouth. Blech! For obvious health reasons I'd say no, my surgeon doesn't even allow e-cigs. It's all about that nicotine :P but always ask your doctor!

I have had a procedure done on 4/26/13 and wondering if I can smoke.

I quit using chewing tobacco about 30 days before surgery and I had no nicotine in my system when I had my blood drawn. Thats like pure nicotine in my lip all day so if you quit now you should be fine. Plus my surgeon said to quit 30 days prior and wait 30 days post

Well my surgery is Tuesday. I'm not sure it'll be put of my blood or not. I think quitting is harder than this two week liquid diet. !!!! In going bananas

If you quit prior to surgery, why would you want to start up again? All of that hard work for nothing.

My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2011, and it has been a long, painful road for us all. Please don't walk down the same path. You've come this far with getting sleeved to take better care of your health and body. Embrace the gift and second chance to start over, don't waste it.

I do not have an ulcer. No doctor I have seen as warned of the 100% chance of getting an ulcer.

And again - not advocating smoking. Just sayin...

No lol

My answer to the OP is simple...Can you smoke?Yes absolutely you can smoke. Should you smoke?Absolutely not! People have and do smoke with this surgery and experience no complications but People also jump of of bridges and buildings and don't die.A simplification yes but still true none the less :)

I am new to these boards and after reading this thread and seeing that CATTY attacks here makes me feel like in high school. I can see the popular group here and honestly if your all so educated on the rules and follow every single one to the T, then why are you patients instead of surgeons? None of you can say you have no addiction and it was easy to quit because we are all getting sleeved because we can't lose the weight the right way!!!! It is a disease to be addicted to smoking just like it is eatting so no one here has the right at all to tell someone not to get the sleeve if they smoke. She was giving a honest answer and not sugar coating it to make everyone else like her or get all on board with her! I'm sorry it's just wrong how some of the woman in here are on high horses! She didn't encourage the op to smoke she was honest with her experience... So lets all jump down her back because honestly she is the only reason your all sick from 2nd hand smoke! Unreal! Get a grip! I'm glad there are some here who will tell good bad and ugly!!!! N before you go on with ur lecture to me go somewhere else to lecture I quit 3 months ago and i still want them badly. I didn't quit for the surgery! Was other reasons but some of you know everything so u can prolly tell my story for me . Smh