Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Forgetting for the moment pounds lost, lets talk about what changes our shape the most

Fiddleman' date=' I cannot even begin to tell you how many of your posts I take screenshots of!! I get so many helpful tips and tricks, thank you![/quote']

Always welcome!

Green drinks would be awesome ... if I could get some sent to me here, in Afghanistan, where I'm deployed. ;)

Last night I ellipticaled for 15 minutes fast, then did five upper body weights machines, 3 sets of 12 @ highest weight I could handle, then did calves, squats, crunches and elbow knee cross bodies, plus sets of yoga sun salutes. I was supposed to focus on lower body yesterday but couldn't help it, the weights feel sooo gooood. I will post in exercise an article I found linking endocannibinoids and exercise and addictions.

Last night I ellipticaled for 15 minutes fast' date=' then did five upper body weights machines, 3 sets of 12 @ highest weight I could handle, then did calves, squats, crunches and elbow knee cross bodies, plus sets of yoga sun salutes. I was supposed to focus on lower body yesterday but couldn't help it, the weights feel sooo gooood. I will post in exercise an article I found linking endocannibinoids and exercise and addictions.[/quote']

Would love to read that article :)

I have read that building muscle adds weight and i wonder if I am experiencing that gain. It's like over the pass three weeks I have gain 10 lbs... I know that part of that is Water weight because I have been retaining Fluid. So my question is will I eventually start back losing weight? I'm thinking about slacking up. I do push-ups, wall-sits, planks, squats, sit-ups, & very little weights (curls)

Sunshine

I have read that building muscle adds weight and i wonder if I am experiencing that gain. It's like over the pass three weeks I have gain 10 lbs... I know that part of that is Water weight because I have been retaining Fluid. So my question is will I eventually start back losing weight? I'm thinking about slacking up. I do push-ups' date=' wall-sits, planks, squats, sit-ups, & very little weights (curls)

Sunshine[/quote']

I like your exercises! Your weight will increase as you put on lean muscle. Are you able to get your body fat percentage measured. The same thing happened to me after doing a similar set of exercise in cross fit training and put on about 10 lb after reaching my low weight. My body actually looks better in terms of body composition with these extra 10 lbs so it doesn't concern me too much. Also : If you supplement with amino acids, such as creatine, your muscles will be hydrated with Water. This is not such a bad thing because the water will help your muscles repair faster. I do not know for certain, but I think the water will flush in time.

I like your exercises! Your weight will increase as you put on lean muscle. Are you able to get your body fat percentage measured. The same thing happened to me after doing a similar set of exercise in cross fit training and put on about 10 lb after reaching my low weight. My body actually looks better in terms of body composition with these extra 10 lbs so it doesn't concern me too much. Also : If you supplement with amino acids' date=' such as creatine, your muscles will be hydrated with Water. This is not such a bad thing because the Water will help your muscles repair faster. I do not know for certain, but I think the water will flush in time.[/quote']

Thanks fiddleman, I get to see my surgeon tomorrow and hope to find out what my body fat percentage is at that time. I'm now nine months out and had loss 72 lbs but I notice all of a sudden I'm picking up weight. I started working on body muscle and strength because I'm trying to get a job that require strength. People say they can tell I'm doing something and my significant other said its looking good on me. I just want to lose another 30 lbs but since I picked up I want to lose maybe 40

Sunshine

All exercise is good but for me the one I think has helped my shape the most has been yoga, specifically Bikram. My posture has improved and this means I hold myself better and I am more aware of my core. My waist looks amazing now and even though my bmi still tells me I am overweight, my height to waist ratio is smack bang in the normal range!

Oh, and believe it or not I am almost one inch TALLER since I began this journey which I credit to the spine lengthening and improved posture from yoga!

since starting this thread I have concentrated on weights; I do a short (10 min) fast cardio warm up then do upper body weights rotations, followed by lower body (squats, pilates crunches, etc.) followed by several sun salutes (downdog). I finish it off with my favorite part of the day, mashing out the muscle fibers with a tennis ball, OMFG this is amazing! It is so freakin pleasurable I can't even describe it, only that it hurts so good!

Fiddleman, when and how should one take the creatine?

since starting this thread I have concentrated on weights; I do a short (10 min) fast cardio warm up then do upper body weights rotations' date=' followed by lower body (squats, pilates crunches, etc.) followed by several sun salutes (downdog). I finish it off with my favorite part of the day, mashing out the muscle fibers with a tennis ball, OMFG this is amazing! It is so freakin pleasurable I can't even describe it, only that it hurts so good!

Fiddleman, when and how should one take the creatine?[/quote']

As for creatine monohydrate, take 5 mg (1 tsp) a day after your workout. It does not mix very well with Water, but it blends in pretty well to your post workout shake.

since starting this thread I have concentrated on weights; I do a short (10 min) fast cardio warm up then do upper body weights rotations' date=' followed by lower body (squats, pilates crunches, etc.) followed by several sun salutes (downdog). I finish it off with my favorite part of the day, mashing out the muscle fibers with a tennis ball, OMFG this is amazing! It is so freakin pleasurable I can't even describe it, only that it hurts so good!

Fiddleman, when and how should one take the creatine?[/quote']

Do you ever do any foam rolling or have access to one? They are great for relieving muscle tension. Basically like giving yourself a deep tissue massage every day. Same idea as the tennis ball.

I do not enjoy running. I am clumsy, my brain cant turn off, my lose butt skin jiggles and it hurts even with the under Armour BUT when I get stuck on a number or my pants need a little loosening I go right to the park. Nothing (and I do TONS of different things to exercise) makes me lose the inches like running. It wittles me down an inch a week. I will probably start running this week cause I have to buy a bathing suit soon.

Fiddle - I think they have creatine powders, or Protein powders that are high in creatine?

Butter - I luuuv the foam rollers, but I am deployed and don't have access to that sort of fanciness ;) so it's a tennis ball for me. Back home at the end of a WOD at Crossfit we would take the bars minus weights and start at a joint and roll the bar down the muscle, it was enough to make even the gnarliest dudes whimper but we all kept doing it because of the unbelievable rush/flood of release and euphoria afterward.

Fiddle - I think they have creatine powders' date=' or Protein powders that are high in creatine?

Butter - I luuuv the foam rollers, but I am deployed and don't have access to that sort of fanciness ;) so it's a tennis ball for me. Back home at the end of a WOD at Crossfit we would take the bars minus weights and start at a joint and roll the bar down the muscle, it was enough to make even the gnarliest dudes whimper but we all kept doing it because of the unbelievable rush/flood of release and euphoria afterward.[/quote']

Loved reading your Crossfit WOD memories!

I also want to say that eating clean and consuming veggie drinks goes a long way in eradicating fat from the hard to eliminate areas ( stomach for me). There are two green drinksi a drinking now on alternating days. The first is called Tonic Alchemy (bought from Amazon) and the second is called green essence (bought from Vitamin shoppe). The green drinks are super high in Antioxidants which really do help to eliminate toxicity in the body that holds onto stubborn fat. Some others make their own green drinks from natural ingredients. I just do not have the time or patience to gather the 80 different types of fruits and veggies in my green drinks. Eliminating stored toxins will change your body composition and is required before you can expect cardio or weight lifting to change your body composition. Working out is useless if your body is constantly fighting inflammation caused by excess toxicity in the body from unclean eating.

I just looked up some info on toxins after reading your post. Thanks for the info that you share!!