Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dress Me For the Xmas Party...

I need quick responses here. Tonight is the season's first Christmas party, hosted by one my DH's old crew (pre-retirement). It's either the outfit in the Christmas portrait photo, or this one. You kind of have to use your imagination, as there was no one available to take a pic of me actually wearing the outfit.

It's black velvet gauchos, red shirt, and plaid vest trimmed in black velvet. I can button the vest, or leave it open. The boots actually go up higher than the bottom of the pants.

My DH isn't too sure about the gauchos. But he's not exactly a fashion maven, either.

Tell me what you think.

Oh....I do have a Christmas sweather I could wear in place of the vest, but it's a tad big on me. I also have a red velvet skirt (a tiered skirt) and it fits okay because it's an elastic waist, but it's very full and kind of overwhelms me.

post-204296-13813134400155_thumb.jpg

If you choose the full red velvet skirt you should wear this with a narrow very plain black top. A narrow top will enhance the fullness and the tiers of the skirt.

The black velvet gauchos and boots also sound nice and the red shirt paired with the plaid vest would work with these.

I agree, I think that outfil is very pretty and would be perfect for where your going. I love the vest and the boots. You'll knock em dead with that on.

The gauchos and the boots are a definate yes (the boots are especially gorgeous), but wear a sexier top, Carlene!!

Kat.

The gauchos and the boots are a definate yes (the boots are especially gorgeous), but wear a sexier top, Carlene!!

Kat.

I don't have sexier tops....LOL

I'm OLD, for crying out loud.

You don't look that old!

Have fun tonight.

Thank you, Kat!!! You are my new best friend.

PS....I am never going to see 50 again...or 51, or 52, or....well, you get the picture. AND I have another BD coming - Christmas Eve. RATS!

I love this outfit, but you also looked fab in the Christmas picture. If I were you I would wear what you feel more comfortable in. Who wants to go to a party and be uncomfortable??? Have a blast at the party, in whatever you decide to wear. ~Mandy

Gauchos and ankle boots are VERY "in" right now, around here....but I wouldn't really expect DH to know that!!! I think the outfit in the picture (on this thread) is the way to go....that way if anyone sees your Christmas photo, it won't be a repeat of the outfit. JMHO

Enjoy your party!!!

Kat

Carlene...very nice you go girl! I like the gauchos...very 'in'

:xena_banana: becky

I wore the gauchos, vest, and boots but with a different top. I had one in a darker red with a V neckline that aligned perfectly with the vest, so it did look much more alluring than the original choice.

We had a great time. I only see these people once a year, so I got lots of compliments on my new image. The hostess asked if anyone was cold and I said I was. A woman I have never met before said, "That's because you're skinny." I was tempted to kiss her, but restrained myself.

There was lots of food, of course - some of which I could eat and some I didn't dare try. The host served some amazing meatballs - very moist and tasty - and I posted the recipe under the "Food" forum. I had two glasses of wine, though. Shame on Carlene.

I particularly like one of the women there, although DH thinks she's dippy. She talks every bit as much and as fast as I do and she does go off onto all kinds of tangents in mid-topic and she does speak in weird, disjointed sentences, but she's still hysterical. They have a 16 year old son (actually his by a previous marriage) and the husband thinks his wife is too easy on the boy. He says she's the good cop and he has to be the bad cop. He felt it was time to have "the talk" with Son after a visiting uncle reported some missing condoms. The mom thought it was unnecessary. "What if he's already having sex?" asked Dad.

"Don't be silly," said Mom, "He isn't having sex. He still likes Beanine Babies."

Fast forward a few months and Mom finds a condom wrapper in Son's bedroom. She calls Dad - hysterical. "Our son IS having sex! I found a condom wrapper in his room!"

Dad, of course, was not surprised but decided to have a little fun anyway. "What about the Beanie Babies?" he asked.

"They're still there," answered Mom, "I can't believe he had sex in front of the Beanie Babies, especially the praying one."