Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mental Hunger, How do you deal with it?

Mental hunger can be my worst enemy! Any ideas or suggestions? How do you deal with it?

Thanks!

I haven't really craved anything. I am not hungry when it's time to eat. I have even cooked some really good meals and Desserts for my family and I have no desire to eat it. I know this probably won't last, so I try to plan how I would eat if I was eating the meal. Or, if I see a commercial for food on tv ( every 2 seconds) I think "oh that looks good", but if I ate it I would take the bread off. Taco Bell commercials, I just thinking I went there I would get a chicken taco and only eat the meat and cheese.

I plan on forever changing how I eat, I don't want to go back to that life!

I'm having this same issue. Looking forward to more comments. I just remind myself that if I did chow down it would just make me sick. And, I go look for Protein. Seems after I drink a couple of ounces of a Protein Shake, that urge dies down.

I haven't really craved anything.

I plan on forever changing how I eat' date=' I don't want to go back to that life![/quote']

That is exactly what I tell myself when I want to eat something I shouldn't !

I feel the same way and then find myself "grazing" which isn't good either..

One trick my good friend uses....if you think you want something but know you're not hungry, ask yourself if you'd eat a boiled egg right then (or a cup of carrots or whatever is nutritious but not your favorite food). If the answer is yes, then call your own bluff and eat the boiled egg because you probably are hungry. It will fill you up without succumbing to cravings for unhealthy foods.

Me....my goto is a handful of kale, 2 scoops of Protein powder and 12 ounces of Water in the blender. Totally filling and less than 150 calories.

One trick my good friend uses....if you think you want something but know you're not hungry, ask yourself if you'd eat a boiled egg right then (or a cup of carrots or whatever is nutritious but not your favorite food). If the answer is yes, then call your own bluff and eat the boiled egg because you probably are hungry. It will fill you up without succumbing to cravings for unhealthy foods.

Me....my goto is a handful of kale, 2 scoops of Protein powder and 12 ounces of Water in the blender. Totally filling and less than 150 calories.

Love the recipe sharing. Thanks! But how does it taste? If I feel like I have to hold my nose to choke it down, I won't even want to try. But if the flavor is pleasing enough, I will try it and the recipe in your signature, too.

Love the recipe sharing. Thanks! But how does it taste? If I feel like I have to hold my nose to choke it down' date=' I won't even want to try. But if the flavor is pleasing enough, I will try it and the recipe in your signature, too.[/quote']

You cannot taste the kale. But it does turn it greenish.

post-17584-13813665035025_thumb.jpg

I'm finding I have some strange cravings....Doritos, tacos, burgers, French fries....but I keep reminding myself hey if you eat that, one, you'll be so sick, and two, its all about moving forward and onward....that would just be going back to that unhappy life I drastically had to change. Just being 8 days post op, I feel amazing and so glad I went through this. I know it's not easy, but nothing worth having is easy. Any suggestions on how I can increase my Fiber intake during this 2 week post op diet?? Doing supplements, but not getting enough.....

Me....my goto is a handful of kale' date=' 2 scoops of Protein powder and 12 ounces of Water in the blender. Totally filling and less than 150 calories.[/quote']

What kind of Protein Powder do you use?

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Op, are you keeping busy? I find that I don't have much time to think about food if I stay busy busy busy. Especially large motor activities like laundry, cleaning house, cleaning the yard cleaning out the fridge. I also like to look for herby recipes online that I can save and bake later.

Op' date=' are you keeping busy? I find that I don't have much time to think about food if I stay busy busy busy. Especially large motor activities like laundry, cleaning house, cleaning the yard cleaning out the fridge. I also like to look for herby recipes online that I can save and bake later.[/quote']

I work full time in an office which gets very busy (small office only 3 workers) I see them eating hamburgers, Breakfast Bagels, chicken kabobs, burritos etc etc etc the smell of food triggers my mental hunger! I usually drink Water or tea and for the most part it works but sometimes like today I am having a hard time.

I've not been sleeved yet' date=' but when I lost 80 pounds on WWs, I brushed my teeth and gargled with something strong like Listerene. Nothing tastes good after that. For a loooooooong time.[/quote']

I will try this, I haven't been sleeved yet and I'm struggling to lose 10 lbs that my doctor requires to schedule my surgery date.