Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone has been experiencing the residual pain in the shoulders from the gas? At least I assume it's the gas and that's what the doctor is telling me. I don't seem to have an issue until I sit in the car and then the pain is intense and sticks around for several hours. I've been doing peppermint tea and a heating pad. I'm trying not to take any pain pills. I do lots of walking around, etc.

How long should I expect this pain? My surgery was a week ago today.

Thanks

It varies. Everybody is different. Keep up the walking. If it continues, contact your dr to be safe. Hope you feel better.

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone has been experiencing the residual pain in the shoulders from the gas? At least I assume it's the gas and that's what the doctor is telling me. I don't seem to have an issue until I sit in the car and then the pain is intense and sticks around for several hours. I've been doing peppermint tea and a heating pad. I'm trying not to take any pain pills. I do lots of walking around' date=' etc.

Thanks[/quote']

I am also suffering terribly with left shoulder pain. I have suffered more with this than anything. Started to think they pulled on my arm in surgery or something. Today is one week since the procedure. I am also off all pain meds.

My girlfriend had surgery a year ago and the same happened to her. Lasted a long time. She said it felt like the beat her shoulder up in surgery. I had my surgery last week and went there was no shoulder pain the next day the nurse said I had passed the threshold for it happening. Wish I could offer more support but she still talks about it. Hope yours goes away quick.

I drank a lot of peppermint tea and did some heating pads on my stomach. I just realized 2 days ago that the pain wasn't there anymore but I'm not driving all that often. I'll see today when I go for my follow up. The problem was that it would start in the car and then stay for hours and it was sooooooo painful. I ended up taking a pain pill to alleviate it :-(

Keep checking with your doc. Have him do an x-ray to check for gas. I had horrible shoulder and chest pain that was mistaken for gas, turned out to be leak. I had no other leak symptoms.

When it was gas, my fiance would gently tap or thump on my back and it would break it up and help ease the pain for a bit. When that stopped working I knew there was a problem.

Oh interesting! Will definitely bring it up with them! So far so good today ...no pain driving

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone has been experiencing the residual pain in the shoulders from the gas? At least I assume it's the gas and that's what the doctor is telling me. I don't seem to have an issue until I sit in the car and then the pain is intense and sticks around for several hours. I've been doing peppermint tea and a heating pad. I'm trying not to take any pain pills. I do lots of walking around' date=' etc.

Thanks[/quote']

I was just told by the dr that its a sign of not drinking enough Water. Water is harder than I ever imagined. Hopefully this pain will subside