Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

Gaffer When are we going to see some before and afters. You are doing incredibly well!!!

D

You know what, I actually had planned a 6 months retrospective on my 6 month anniversary Aug.14.

Needless to say I did not get around to it, but I have been meaning to.

I will try & post a thread tonight when I get home from work.

Andrew

...so it looks like there are a few of us currently running on empty, eh....

I am not totally empty, I am at 4.5CC out of 14CC. I was living and eating quite well at 5CC quite hapily until I was over filled to 6CC.

I may as well be empty though. Although I am not totally able to pigout, I am pretty unrestricted.

I was doing so well with my recovery period, I had not PB'd in a month, and then we went to a restaraunt the other day when and orderd the ribs which stuck me up like hell. Mind you, even when I was tightest I was able to eat ribs. I figure that these ones had been microwaved. I cannot tolerate microwaved meat in any fashion.

Now I am going to have to wait to get a fill to let my stomach get better.

Andrew

Hi Leslielee how are you doing?

Hi there,

I am doing good, not losing as fast as I wish I was but I did have about a month of holidays and didn't gain so I am really happy about that! I feel really good and just starting to run. I am lovong the feeling of it.

I have not been really watching what I eat but I have not been eating the crazy amounts I once did. big NSV

How are you and the hubby doing??

LeslieLee;

I am curious why are you referring to a forum for a weightloss drug??

Hello Everyone! I have been going along nicely, watching what I eat, exercising about 5 days a week. Life is good. I had a little hiccup this week so I thought I would share it. I have been so fortunate and have not had any problems...I guess it was my turn.

So...I must have got something stuck. I couldn't keep anything down for a few days and then started waking up choking. Then I decided it was time to go to the Dr. So I went to my doc and he phoned the local bariatric surgeon and the bariatric surgeon wanted to see me at the hospital. So I went to the hospital and waited and waited and waited. Then I was dehydrated, so they put me on IV. I was scared because the dr I was seeing had turned my away in the past. His office said...he doesn't treat people who had their surgery in Mexico. My GP said that I should be calm and remember that he is morally and ethically obligated to treat me and that he can't do anything without my permission. Anyways....the surgeon came in and he was great. He unfilled me (I had 2.5 in a 4 cc) and then I drank a couple glasses of Water and he gave me a partial refill to 1.6. He also agreed to be my new Dr. and for that I am thrilled. I was very frustrated with all the traveling I was doing when he was just down the street.

I am feeling better now, although I still cant eat much and I am tender. He and I are both concned that I might have caused a hernia or slipped by causing a portion of my esophogus to get stuck in my band but we are just going to take it day by day. I seem to be getting better. However last night I did wake up choking again.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am going to try to something new and not eat or drink at all in the evenings just in case I am having acid reflux. I appreciate any feedback.

You all are the best! I love reading about your trials and successes...it is great we have this support.

LeslieLee;

I am curious why are you referring to a forum for a weightloss drug??

Hi there peaches,

Somehow I missed this post. Sorry it took so long to respond.

I am not referring to a weightloss drug forum. It just comes with the ticker I am using. I like the tickers they have and so I use it. I never really even gave it any thought to be honest. Just liked the pics they have available. So I made my weightloss ticker there!

haha, Leslie... I just assumed you were on Phentermine too! The link's not there anymore, were you able to take it out ?

;)

Bandiva:

The waking up choking thing, yes.. me too. Not so much anymore, but if I do eat too close to going to bed, it'll happen. Definitely try not eating for a few hour AT LEAST before bed.. it's a good habit to get into anyways, and even more incentive if it's stopping you from choking in your sleep! Drinking shouldn't matter, but it does to me, at least when my night-choking was bad, it did, so stopping drinking and eating at the same time helped.

Try it, let me know if it helps.

Take care, and congrats on getting the new Dr! Sorry about your little 'blip' in the road, but no biggie, these things happen!

:huggies:

haha, Leslie... I just assumed you were on Phentermine too! The link's not there anymore, were you able to take it out ?

;)

quote]

Opps... I honestly never even thought about it.... Or that it was going to give the impression that I was taking it! lol No, I am not taking it, are you??? I played around with it and took as much out as I could. Hopefully it won't cause people to think I am promoting it! lol

Argon you have the inamed brand band too don't you? Do you have the small one and what level are you at for fills? When/what level did you start to feel good restriction?

I do have an inamed band, yup. 1.3cc in a 4cc-er

I was feeling really good at 1.5cc's, then I got the complete defill, and when I eventually got back up to 1.5cc's again, it felt like too much, so here I am at 1.3cc. I usually don't feel like I'm at a good restriction level. Well... sometimes I am able to eat an obscene amount, and other times, nothing. I can't complain, as long as I'm still losing, I'm happy... albeit slow, but I guess I am gettin' down there in weight, and it can't always be 2lbs a week.

I don't really know what's going to happen when I get to my goal weight or the weight I am really happy at.... maybe I'll need a defill to stop the weight loss?

-=smiles a big smile=-

Right on, I guess we have different sizes, I have a 10cc band and am at 7.5 right now. This last fill has been interesting. I felt more restriction right away and it is still there most days... not all though which is similar to what you are saying I think. Of course the wrong kinds of foods go down easy almost anytime! lol damn damn damn

Learning again to chew more and slow down more. It seems like each fill the chewing has to be increased.

You are doing amazing and must be so soooo happy with the results all your hard work is giving. lol I am going to assume that you aren't taking that deit drug either.

Hello Everyone! I have been going along nicely, watching what I eat, exercising about 5 days a week. Life is good. I had a little hiccup this week so I thought I would share it. I have been so fortunate and have not had any problems...I guess it was my turn.

So...I must have got something stuck. I couldn't keep anything down for a few days and then started waking up choking. Then I decided it was time to go to the Dr. So I went to my doc and he phoned the local bariatric surgeon and the bariatric surgeon wanted to see me at the hospital. So I went to the hospital and waited and waited and waited. Then I was dehydrated, so they put me on IV. I was scared because the dr I was seeing had turned my away in the past. His office said...he doesn't treat people who had their surgery in Mexico. My GP said that I should be calm and remember that he is morally and ethically obligated to treat me and that he can't do anything without my permission. Anyways....the surgeon came in and he was great. He unfilled me (I had 2.5 in a 4 cc) and then I drank a couple glasses of Water and he gave me a partial refill to 1.6. He also agreed to be my new Dr. and for that I am thrilled. I was very frustrated with all the traveling I was doing when he was just down the street.

I am feeling better now, although I still cant eat much and I am tender. He and I are both concned that I might have caused a hernia or slipped by causing a portion of my esophogus to get stuck in my band but we are just going to take it day by day. I seem to be getting better. However last night I did wake up choking again.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am going to try to something new and not eat or drink at all in the evenings just in case I am having acid reflux. I appreciate any feedback.

You all are the best! I love reading about your trials and successes...it is great we have this support.

Bandiva,

I had the smae trouble. I was over filled & inflamed my stomach & esophagus. I had a defill to almost the point of my first fill. I am taking a couple of months to recoupe.

I had the reflux too, and that really sucks. I did not get any really good sleep during it.

Just take it easy and you should be fine.

I guess there is a silver lining with the access to the new Dr.

:)

quote]

Opps... I honestly never even thought about it.... Or that it was going to give the impression that I was taking it! lol No, I am not taking it, are you??? I played around with it and took as much out as I could. Hopefully it won't cause people to think I am promoting it! lol

It's okay Leslie, we dont think you are some kinda drug pusher. :heh:

:clap2:You all are so terrific. Thanks for the encouragement and the good advice. I am feeling much better. Still tender. It is so great to have this forum and to know that we are 'normal' and experiencing 'normal' things.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

BTW...I can't believe how well we are all doing!:clap2:

Me, too. Back in May I got, for the first time in my life, really bad acid reflux. I suspect this was due to an overfill. Because it took me over a month to figure out what was wrong with me my esophagus was badly inflamed (it felt like it had been painted with acid) and I had that creepy reflux cough. I got a complete defill in August and am still healing. The reflux meds weren't working while I was still partially filled by the way. So far I haven't gained back any weight except for 1.5 lbs.