Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chipotle both have Naked Burrito bowls and salads with grilled chicken or steak.

Lots of people tell me chipotle is really good. there is one in the next town over from me I might try that!

For fast food I'd probably stick with El Pollo Loco or Jack in the Box. Jack has grilled chicken strips, even their kids meals have it. McD's also has grilled chicken salads. Most grocery stores have delis with rotisserie chicken and some even make wraps/sandwiches where you can choose meat, veg and bread if you want it. Of course there's always Subway and Quiznos - they both offer Soup too.

Good luck!

Jenn

Watch out for chili. Wendy's for example has 6-9 g of fat. And Thanks TheaMarie for the healthy dining finder link!! = )

If I'm going to eat fast food, I get chipotle burrito bowl with no rice.

Sometimes I get Mexican restaurant carry out, which is just as fast as a drive-through if you call ahead. Personally I am a vegetarian and just get an order of refried Beans and some fresh salsa to put over them, but my husband likes steak or chicken fajitas, which would be a good VSG-friendly food with no tortillas. Would probably last a few meals, too.

Prncs228, thanks for the "idears" those are some good ones. I'm about 4 months out now and I've lost 45 pounds so I need to update my picture :)

You are quite welcome! Congrats! Dont feel bad - I just changed mine and I am NINE months out! LOL!

Also, when we count calories in restaurant dishes, remember that they grill/sauté with tons of oil! Don't be afraid to ask for fajitas, eggs, or anything else to be cooked without oil. The calories add up in no time even with small portions.

Be careful with that chipotle mexican grill vinaigrette.

I used to work there its all soy oil. We calculated 1/4 cup of oil per 2oz serving. So it adds up quick.

Also, they use oil in the rice so it doesn't stick together & is spoonable.

Even the miranade now has extra oil & honey added into it bc they switched to a flattop grill it will stick & not brown w/o the honey & oil.

The chicken is thigh meat, the pork is the shoulder cut, the steak standards have gone down & they now leave the fat on it. The barbacoa is probably your best bet.

Just saying use moderation.

allons-y

Wow! Thanks for sharing! It usually makes 4 meals for me and I don't get sauce. I've only had it twice since surgery.

I go for grocery stores with hot food bars. Whole Foods and Wegmanns have literally hundreds of selections...you can buy as much or as little as you want. I can buy 2-3 ounces of food...mostly Protein and enjoy a meal. Both of these stores also have nice eat-in areas.

The BEST fast food I found is the lunch bar at Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Barons, Henry's, or Harry's

There is such a huge array of very delicious wholesome foods, that it puts MOST fast food places to shame. The Whole Foods near me just opened up a Smoked/BBQ section. So, if I don't want deli, Italian, Asian, or vegetarian, and I can visit the smoked section.

Between my band and the fact that my daughter is autistic so we have ordered gluten free, casein free for her for years. Here are some ideas.

Baja Fresh you can get sides of grilled chicken, steak, and shrimp, Beans and so on.

Mc Donald's I've gotten a McDouble with no bun. They serve it on a lettuce leaf, your meat and cheese. Have them add or subtract your Condiments.

Jimmy johns you can order any sandwich as a lettuce wrap.

Taco Bell you can order virtually anything without the shell/tortilla my fav is an encherto with no corn tortilla. Beans, taco meat, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Yumm.

Olive Garden Soup, side of spaghetti sauce, they also have a side of grilled chicken,

Burger King has a new grilled Turkey burger and a new stuffed bacon cheeseburger. Just order the patty by itself.

Quiche at a deli, lose the crust.

Can't wait for two more weeks..... I'm hungry today. Im ready to advance to soft, but surgeon says no, oh well I'll manage. ;-)

I am in a whole other hemisphere so my choices are quite different and I suspect I have access to a lot more real food options than others on this board.

We have found since my surgery that mezze or tapas bars work really well. We can order three or four dishes, I get a variety of good food because I can usually try one piece of each, and then my husband cleans up the rest which is about equal to a normal meal for him. Tapas are usually very quick, not fast food quick but then for food to be fast food it has to be raw or not really food anymore ;-)

Most good Japanese restaurants will do the small plate meals, similar to tapas. These are often very, very healthy and very tasty! Sushi places sometimes provide good miso Soup with one or two high Protein sushi items with brown rice and I am happy as anything when I really want to grab a meal and go.