Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmm. Weird. Almost offended.

So I just saw my surgeon for the last time before my scope on Wednesday and sleeve next Wednesday. After introducing himself to me and my husband, he says it appears I've gained a few pounds since I last saw him (in November!) and that I needed to lose a few before surgery next week. I acknowledged that I'd be on a pre-op diet (I've already started though I don't need to really start until Wednesday) then I had to interrupt him and tell him he was wrong, that I have lost 37 pounds since I saw him last. Looking back maybe he was joking and just trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not sure. Or he was looking at the wrong chart before he came in to our room. Either way, I'm happy at what I've done so far and look forward to cruising through my pre-op diet this week and on to the losers bench.

Well, that was rude on his part. You should be VERY proud of what you've accomplished so far! I don't think I could lose 37 lbs on my own at all in fact! Kudo's to you!

He was rude and for what reason Who knows but you have lost 37 pounds and I know you worked really hard to accomplish that. Ignore him, he might be one of those guys who have really " dry sense of humor". hang in there you are on your way.

That was poorly thought out comment and I am glad you called him on it!! You are doing great and keep up the good work!! Maybe the guy is a good surgeon and not so much known for bedside manner. But focus on how well you are learning new skills and on your way!!!!!!

I hope he apologized and he re-checked your medical records to correct himself. And if it had been me he would have done it in front of me. Surgery is no joking matter,not this close to the date. If I am preparing myself per his rules prior to the surgery then I want to make sure he is prepared also.

I am proud of what I've done so far. im also not offended by what he said. It just caught me iff guard. He wasn't rude saying it. He was either misinformed (he didn't have my chart with him) or joking because he'd realized I lost as much as I did. Either way, I'm headed in the right direction.