Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeve and weight watchers

I was just wondering about weight watchers. Would sleeve patients lose weight if counted points? I know that we are suppose to watch carbs and all of that, but also Portion Control. Bananas are high in carbs, but free points on weight watchers. I was curious to see if anyone does weight watchers points and still lose weight?

I joined weight watchers but not following the point system yet since I am only 7 wks out. I go for the support.

I was just wondering about weight watchers. Would sleeve patients lose weight if counted points? I know that we are suppose to watch carbs and all of that' date=' but also Portion Control. Bananas are high in carbs, but free points on weight watchers. I was curious to see if anyone does weight watchers points and still lose weight?[/quote']

I started ww 2 months prior to surgery so I got used to tracking it also sped up approval from insurance

My surgeon said WW isn't appropriate for the sleeve. She has a patient 9 mos p/o and has stretched her stomach out by eating the 'free' foods.

I think Atkins is more on target for us? JMO

I don't think any of those is good for the sleeve, from what I've been taught. I'm going to follow whatever I have to, according to my surgeon. I don't want to screw up this surgery :)

WW points values are derived from carbs, Fiber, and Protein.

I plan to join again for support and guidance.

It's not a terrible idea. I think it's a very balanced plan and sustainable. I also would not worry about stretching your sleeve unless you're eating the entire bunch of bananas at one time. You need to find what works for you, whether it's WW or carb counting or something else. Fortunately for us, we have the sleeve as an advantage.

-Kendra

Weight Watchers would be a great support group system for you Shelly it seems that you need it. It would be virtually impossible to eat the points set out for you, your sleeve couldn't hold all that food. For the portion/ food control aspect, I think you really need to get back to basics and follow that plan set out for sleevers; don't lose sight of the wonderful tool you have. Throw out all the cinammon rolls and junk and crap you have in your house and get back on track. Come on Shelly you can do this, it is all in your desire and what you want for yourself.

Thanks Amazon13. Very true. I have 83 more lbs to go. I keep telling myself if I can just get to where I can really tell I have lost, it would be more motivating. But weight loss has been super slow. No matter how hard I seem to try and how much I walk the scale will not budge. So so so frustrating.