Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shooting pain..left side incision..what can it be?

Today is my 1 month SURGYVERSARY ...yayyyyy. buttttt Im having pain not bad just a little shooting sharp pain in my left side incision. What can it be? also Im having a hard time with food..Im full after 1 or 2 spoons...is that normal? in addition I haven't had any weight loss :-(

**frustrated**

Also having a harsh time getting my Protein in...I don't regret my surgery but I had to vent...rrrrrrggg

Today is my 1 month SURGYVERSARY ...yayyyyy. buttttt Im having pain not bad just a little shooting sharp pain in my left side incision. What can it be? also Im having a hard time with food..Im full after 1 or 2 spoons...is that normal? in addition I haven't had any weight loss :-(

**frustrated**

Also having a harsh time getting my Protein in...I don't regret my surgery but I had to vent...rrrrrrggg

Shooting pain sounds like scar tissue. As it stretches you will notice is feels like its being pulled apart... And your lack of weight loss is prob due to not being able to get your Protein in. I am having the same prob an my doc and nut both told me I needed to up my calories and protein to see a more rapid weight loss...

Good Luck.

Sleeve Date: March 28, 2013 Weight on surgery date: 281 First Goal 50lbs: July 13, 2013 (231)

I had those same pains and it was all in the muscles. As I understood if you calorie intake gets to low your body goes into starvation mode. Just do your best to get in 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz of total liquid a day. I was able to count the Protein Shakes as part of my liquids. I use premier shakes from costco. 30 grams of protein and 11 oz. I drink 2 per day which takes the pressure off as far as daily protein totals. I am 5 1/2 months post op and still do the same thing..... Hope this helps!

What are you doing for Protein? At that stage I would assume mainly shakes still with some food protein. If you aren't able to eat yet I would stick to 3 shakes a day and eat what you can. The intake will come with time I would think.

For Protein ..I try eating chicken...beef...pureed. I drink Powerade atleast 2 bottles a day ( I doesn't make me nauseous like everything else) I hardly eat . Just not hungry. Im going to start planning my foods better. I need to start getting in more Protein more then anything.

The side of my right stomach is Now hurting a little. It feels like my stomach is hanging from the inside and I feel like this pulling sensation. Its weird. First my left now my right side. Im worried about the staple lines. Hopefully they didn't open up..I had the staple line convo with my doc and he said if it was that...I'll feel it. He said its an unbearable pain if the staples opened up.. hmmm...not what everyone is saying up here...some haven't jade any symptoms. anywhoo for now Im going to start planning ahead. Hope I can do this.

Don't worry about not being able to eat, you won't starve. Your body requires very little to survive. As for the pain in the left side, I've had that for 4 mo. already, Just guessing, I think the rod they put into us must lie on top of our spleen. By letting it lie ther during the whole operation, that organ feels abused. I'm guessing of course, but it is logical. Eventually it will lessen.

Sounds like scar tissue to me. I had the same pain about 4 weeks in. I too can only eat small amount so have been advised to eat little and often. Remember if your are not eating enough calories you won't loose hence why the little and often works. Good luck with it all

Hi... I am having the same discomfort pain but it doesn't hurt so much when I sit up. Just more when I lie down. I think mine is related to being tender. I mean both my pancreas and spleen do not have a giant stomach to hide behind and be cushioned with. Now, they have a very tiny one.

As for your Protein you need to find some with good quality. I get Syntrax's nectar (vitacost.com or vitaminshoppe) and unjury. Both taste AWESOME and are so smooth and not very thick.

For Breakfast I poured 6 oz of milk in my shaker and 1 scoop of chocolate truffle. That is 32 gms of Protein right there! For lunch I will have nectar vanilla bean Torte (1 scoop) and mix it with 2 oz blueberry Kefir (99% lactose free) and 4 oz milk for a blueberry cheesecake flavor shake. This one can be mixed to make strawberry cheesecake too with the different kefir flavors. For dinner I will have either Unjury's chicken Soup (OMG AMAZING!) for 21 grams of protein or Unjury's cheese sauce with thinned mashed potatoes for a cheddar potato Soup at 25gm of protein.

There are ways to mix things up so you can still get your protein in. If you do not sustain your body nutritionally with adequate sources of protein then it will begin to starve and hold onto EVERY nutrient you put into your mouth. Then you may experience more hair loss than normal, skin issues, and a withered appearance. Since you are still early out, try not to focus on eating food as much as are. Focus more on getting your protein in (shakes) and supplement with mushy or pureed food. As your body heals you should begin to eat more food and supplement with shakes. Try not to eat tough food just yet. Baby steps! Think of your tummy as a new baby....they go through the same stages too.

I hope things do get better for you soon. PM me if you need protein idea tips.

**frustrated**

I had my surgery a month ago & only lost 15pounds & when I went 2the nutritionist tues I only lost 1 pound n 2 weeks I was so upset but she said I'm doing good its because I started with a low weight good luck 2 u