Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 yr 4 mos post op

i am getting very depressed at a stand still not motivated any more eating everything in site and stop exercising can someone please help

Start over. Go back to the beginning with protine

Go back to Protein Drinks. There is the boot camp on here and the pouch test. Those might help kick start and get you back on trap.

WHATS THE POUCH TEST

Is your depression because of the stall or did you stall because you are depressed? Look at where you were and how far you have come and do some reflection. You are far more important to give up now so get back on track, start walking or whatever will make you feel better as long as it is moving, and start eating what your body NEEDS not what your brain thinks it wants. You are worth it.

i am getting very depressed at a stand still not motivated any more eating everything in site and stop exercising can someone please help

Is your stats current in your profile? How did you do in the beginning? Did you loose well to start? When did you stall? Have you gained? I am sorry you are frustrated, rightfully so. Have you gone back to your surgeon to seek help? Seen a nutritionist?

I'm so sorry that you are having a tough time. Stalls happen and are VERY frustrating.

What helped you stay on track before? Keeping a food log? Support of family/friends? Daily weigh-ins? Exercise routine? Something else?

If you don't get enough Water (or other calorie free liquid) and Protein, you will be hungry.

Also simple carbohydrates can cause ravenous hunger and cravings. The more you avoid those things, the cravings/hunger will slowly subside.

Please let me know how you are doing.

Yes..what are your stats....how far away from goal are you? get back on that horse.....you have an amazing support here....use us instead of eating!

I am very much in the same place as you. I'm going back to liquids today and then stepping up to Proteins and veggies after a week or so. I feel like it's the only way I can reset my brain and my sleeve!

We can do this.

I'm about the same as you as far as months post-op......17 here. I'm a slow loser, but I try to focus on how much better my life is, how good I feel and how much healthier I am now. This keeps me in a great frame of mind and is very motivating for me and helps keep me stay on track to living, feeling good and getting to the gym. I'm no doctor, so there could be some hormone issues at work or something. I know there are times when I fall off the wagon too and eat something bad, but it's best to know those times will happen, try to reduce the number of times they happen and when they do, pull yourself back out of it as quick as you can and not feel so bad about it or let it start a downward spiral. Have you sought out counseling or therapy? Don't give up and I wish you the best!

Just out of curiousity, how much are you able to consume that far post op? You say you eat bad, how much of the bad stuff can you eat?