Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one regret having surgery or not get the results they wanted?

I got sleeved last week. Sonar so good. Wsh I would have done it sooner. Wondering if anyone has regrets/ not gotten results they hoped for after surgery. I want to be sure what I am up against . Please let me know. Please be honest. Can't find any bad residualts anywhere.

Yes, there are many people who regret surgery or don't get the results they wanted (which I doubt they would want to hang around on this site). There are several different reasons for this. One being they didn't follow their surgeons directions, the surgeon may have botch their surgery, or they just weren't prepared for the new lifestyle.

The important thing is to focus on yourself and your success. Pay close attention to when you aren't losing, it will be easier to correct this the earlier it is addressed. Read as much as you can about the Sleeve (lots of books on Amazon and Kindle). Consult with a nutritionist or therapist if you find yourself falling into bad habits.

This surgery is what you make of it, yes there are unexpected bumps in the road but as you can see most people are thrilled.

I had my sleeve surgery in August 2010 and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. After I had my surgery there were a lot of people who followed my lead and my advice to all of them is follow your doctor's instructions. The ones I know who didn't suffered. I followed my doctor's directions to the t and I had no problems what so ever. I've lost a total of 110 pounds and loving the new me! There are plenty of plateaus that you have to get through so don't get discouraged!

From talking to others noone I have talked to has regretted it. They regret not follow the doctors orders, or not following the proper diet. Things that were of their own doing. I have seen a few blame the suregeon for not telling them what their body would look like afterwards. I think that if you are real with yourself about what you are doing and what you might look like afterwards you will enjoy your success. Will it be all unicorns and rainbows jetting off to the french riveria in a 2 piece- doubtful. But I know that going into this. I just want to be healthy again. I'm not doing it for a skinny "pretty" body. I'm doing it for me. I think people who regret it did it for the wrong reason.

Just my opinion and I am pre-op so I it may all change afterwards but I don't think so.

I don't regret it either, and if it had been available earlier I would have done it. As it is I was 51 when I had my VSG, I am jealous of those who can sort their weight out whilst they are still young ;-)

I personally am still regretting my decision to get the sleeve. I had a lot of complications (mostly because my original doctor was an idiot and I now have a new one) but more days than not I regret it so far. Yeah I lost a good bit of weight so far, and yeah I do feel better, but I am now sick again (probably because of something I did wrong) but still I hate that its so temperamental in the 1st few months. I cannot undo my decision so I am trying to see the good in it, but as of today, in this moment, I regret it. Tomorrow may change

I personally am still regretting my decision to get the sleeve. I had a lot of complications (mostly because my original doctor was an idiot and I now have a new one) but more days than not I regret it so far. Yeah I lost a good bit of weight so far, and yeah I do feel better, but I am now sick again (probably because of something I did wrong) but still I hate that its so temperamental in the 1st few months. I cannot undo my decision so I am trying to see the good in it, but as of today, in this moment, I regret it. Tomorrow may change

What are you sick with? You may find some great support here!

Right now I am not sure. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a burning sensation in my intestines and have been having diarrhea again. It burns really bad and I am thinking I may have advanced to many new foods in one day and it just overloaded my stomach. I also have the worst time getting in my Protein and my fluids. The protein makes me feel full in my chest (not my stomach) and I am rarely thirsty.

It's a true statement that the sleeve takes effort to get used to and that it can be temperamental. I learned these things real quick. Sometimes I get annoyed with it because I want to eat something but I know I'll be eating just a few bites and be full. This feeling comes along when I'm making dinner for the 4 guys in my house. But I got the sleeve for this reason so I deal with it and try not to be a big baby. I don't regret it for one minute though and I know the weight will continue to fall off. It was a good decision.

From talking to others noone I have talked to has regretted it. They regret not follow the doctors orders' date=' or not following the proper diet. Things that were of their own doing. I have seen a few blame the suregeon for not telling them what their body would look like afterwards. I think that if you are real with yourself about what you are doing and what you might look like afterwards you will enjoy your success. Will it be all unicorns and rainbows jetting off to the french riveria in a 2 piece- doubtful. But I know that going into this. I just want to be healthy again. I'm not doing it for a skinny "pretty" body. I'm doing it for me. I think people who regret it did it for the wrong reason.

Just my opinion and I am pre-op so I it may all change afterwards but I don't think so.[/quote']

When you say "what you will look like" what do you mean the excess skin? Or something else

When you say "what you will look like" what do you mean the excess skin? Or something else

Yes the excess skin. I have heard a few say they thought they would look different, not the extra skin more of a model type body. I have been reading several books and most talk about how their body did not turn out they way they had pictured it

That's my biggest fear. I need to get to the gym pre surgery to lift weights.

When I was sleeved jan 29 I was in so much pain so yeah in the hospital I was what the heck did I just do lol it was the pain meds clouding my judgement :( then about 4-5 weks later I hit a stall and I got so mad I was like but but but I am doing everything I am failure and all the self negative talk came in for about 5 minutes and I then proceeded to kick my own butt and said look your down 30 pds you aint going to the gym quit the complaining and get ur butt to a gym. I just transfered all the negative talk to self motivating talk and it works! I rock out the gym 3-5 days a week I run couch 2 5k 3 days and I make sure the eat right. I am down 63 pounds in 10 weeks! Rock it out!!!!

I don't necessarily regret mine but it was definitely talked up way more than it should have been. I was under the impression that 600 cal a day would keep me satisfied for like 6 months. Definitely not the case. I'm 7 weeks out and eat over 1000 cals a day and I'm always starving. I have to make myself not eat and deal with the starvation so I do keep losing. It's just like a freakin diet. 4,700 dollars for a diet. Apparently my stomach was ginormous before or they sure didn't cut out 85% and people that haven't had this issue are not understanding at all. I hope you get the best out of your sleeve and encounter zero problems.

I regretted it the first three weeks. After that, never ever! My sleeve has been my golden ticket.