Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The best Dr and what I found in my surgery, I already posted it, but this forum seems appropriate

I had planned on going to Dr (Don't want specifics) and there are many reasons I changed my mind. I researched and can only tell you the facts of what I found out and why I changed my mind. My experience was so great, I believe everyone deserves the treatment I received (best treatment in any hospital EVER). I researched other Dr's but these were the 2 I went back and forth with. I decided that close to the Border was easy in and easy out lol,a nd I was right:) Here is a list of why I changed my mind!

#1 Its a small hospital and not a walk in clinic as Dr x has his place in a strip mall and I want to be in a actual hospital.

#2 Dr x does 8-14 surgeries a day, My Dr does usually 2 but up to 4. I didn't just want to be a number!

#3 My husband came with me and we had our own private room where he stayed with me, Dr x had recovery rooms holding up to 4 patients. I loved my privacy and getting rested the first 2 days with total care for everything I asked for.

#4Dr x sends you directly to a hotel to share with (I'm not sure how many beds) but you do have to share, they leave the IV in and transport you every day back to the Walk in Clinic to check you, I personally wanted my own room and stayed in it 2 nights without being moved around, or bothered by another patient.

#5 Dr x only staples when he does the VSG, My Dr staples and also sutures to ensure no leaks. I know all have their downfall, but my Dr is 100% no leaks, and just a wonderful surgeon.

#6 If you want a private room you must pay yourself, my Dr gives you a private room at a 4-5 star hotel. If your husband (or anyone goes with you they have to pay for an extra room anyways)

#7 On the 3rd day I wanted to see the city as I was feeling better and they provide a free shuttle to take you shopping, and bring you what you need, I loved it!

#8 As I got back to my hotel it was around 8:30 pm and my Dr came to the hotel to check on me, I thought he was great.

#9 I was so well tended to, I wish I could tell it to the world, my Dr is $4500 and with so many more perks now, I figure you save $400, and if you bring someone $800.

#10 My Dr is Board Certified, and Dr x is not. In fact my trained Dr x when they studies for Bariatrics!

Please feel free to respond, and I also have a FB group that has 350 members from ALL Dr's and if you would like to join please give me your email address and I will be glad to add you. Sorry so long, but you asked lol. You can also feel free to call me if you like, but let me know you are from Verticle Sleeve Talk. Congrats on your decision and good luck

PS I choose not to use names, I don't think any Dr's are "bad" Dr's, just different and with different styles for sure. I have friends on my FB who have went to all Dr's!

Pics are 21 days out

I just found this lol, I guess its more appropriate in this section!! Select carefully with any Dr, and good luck!

Way too much subterfuge in your post which makes it not at all helpful to those researching...

And I'm sure most of us can figure out who Dr. X is....

Huh?? I posted it, but then saw there was a forum in Mexico Dr's. I have my own FB group with 350 members all from different Dr's. I'm very real!

Example 1

"I am so excited to step on the scale daily. My new little tummy is working just fine! I went to my Dr 9 days post op and he said my incisions looked nice and clean. If anyone wants any info on my Dr I'll be glad to give just email me at judys1979@yahoo.com. I can't wait till a few months pass by, I'm thrilled to be on the losing side!!!"

Way too much subterfuge in your post which makes it not at all helpful to those researching...

And I'm sure most of us can figure out who Dr. X is....

It is not your Dr. Actually I hear he is excelent. For me I went with a little lower price. So I ended up with 2 Dr's I went between. I have before and after pics, a FB group full of love and support from patients from all Dr's (the reason I choose not to name any Dr's and or bad mouth any of them). I am active in the Sleeve community as I want to be as healthy as I can be. Yes above is copy and paste as I'm figuring out how to navigate this forum! When going to Mexico be careful, AND there are many, many more tips some might have for someone researching. Maybe you could throw some tips out there to help others instead of calling me a catfish lol.

Example #2

"The Hospital with Quinones was small and clean. I did get papmered, my hubby came to be with me the 3 days and there was no extra change for him! I was treated like gold. Very nice and clean! I would go back to him again, an dI miss the staff, they took such good care of me. He does max 3 surgeries in one day, so the attention is put on the patient. It is in a hospital, but they have a private ambulance they pay to be on Stand By to take you to San Diego Trauma center (but it hasn't happened from what I heard) just a cauthionary measure. I give a 10+

Sleeved March 5 2013.

I have a FB group ith over 350 members in it. If you have questions, need a Sleeve buddy, or just make friends just PM me your email address and I'll add you:)"

Example #2

The Hospital with Quinones was small and clean. I did get papmered, my hubby came to be with me the 3 days and there was no extra change for him! I was treated like gold. Very nice and clean! I would go back to him again, an dI miss the staff, they took such good care of me. He does max 3 surgeries in one day, so the attention is put on the patient. It is in a hospital, but they have a private ambulance they pay to be on Stand By to take you to San Diego Trauma center (but it hasn't happened from what I heard) just a cauthionary measure. I give a 10+

Sleeved March 5 2013.

I have a FB group ith over 350 members in it. If you have questions, need a Sleeve buddy, or just make friends just PM me your email address and I'll add you:)

Ummm ok??

Example # 3

You up selling the 6000 mommy makeover.....

"I went to the facility when I was there. Its the same owners as where I got my sleeve. If anyone wants any info pm please. I don't wanna take to much from WLS on this board:) Or email judystaggs79@yahoo.com"

"The price will go up as time goes by. There is a 5 days stay,"

I'm not gonna stop bragging on my Dr! I can take tummy pics RIGHT NOW showing my surgery scars, but who are you? I think its important for anyone to be cautious when going to Mexico. So give tips, and advise and get off me! Dr Quinones was the best, and I was treated like royalty. Should I lie to make you feel better?

Yep, the Mommy Makeover has gone up lol. Sorry you didn't catch it while it was at such a great price!!! I actually don't expect to have to much extra skin, but I put my deposit on it to save my price!!! Yes, thats something i'm excited about!

Example??? Lol I forgot the number but you get the idea!!! :P

"I decided on Dr Quinones with 4000 including free hotel for entire stay. All I pay is airfare:) Best deal I have found yet! "

With 4000 post find someone else! I don't try to put any Dr down, I can only speak from what I know. You are saying I NEVER had the sleeve??

I got a special of $4000 and it went up recently. I paid for my surgery for 7 months, it didn't come easy. You upset about that too??