Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I kind of want to try juicing, but not sure if I'm even going to like it to invest time/money into experimenting.

Anyone ever try Pressed Juicery? I was thinking of ordering from them, a case for 110$ + shipping but don't know if I'll like it to finish a case.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a wonderful juicer from Omega. I am pre op but fully plan on juicing vegetables in order to get the nutrients as soon as I get the ok from my nutritionist.

If I'm usually a veggie person, would I like it?

If it tastes like roots, I doubt it. I just need something I can compare the taste to. Like a virgin Bloody Mary? V8 Tomato juice? Etc. I know it depends on what veggies you use but are those drinks similar to what juicing is like?

We were discourage against it. It sends sugar right to your blood stream which can encourage sugar cravings and you miss out on the essential Fiber. I "blend". I have a Vitamix blender that utilizes all of the fruits and veggies and pulverizes them. The only draw back is having to let it sit in the fridge for an hour or more to let the air bubbles dissipate. They're great with Protein Powder added in!

Plus one on the Vitamix. I have a recipe in my sig. It's better than juicing in my opinion because you get everything, not just the liquid extract. It's expensive, but it will be the last blender you ever buy.

Juicing and blending both have their place in a healthy lifestyle. As another poster said, juicing provides immediate nutrition and was going to be part of my plan early out. I was not worried as many here are about carbs as I planned to juice mostly veggies like celery, cucumber, etc and then add a little apple for sweetness. (I ended up not juicing because I was too lazy to want to deal with cleaning the machine). I also have a Vitamix and blend veggies and fruit into smoothies. The upside is the added fiber, the downside is the thickness and air in those drinks as another poster mentioned. Smoothies can be harder on a newer sleeved tummy. Either way, nutrition from healthy, whole food sources are a great idea. After all, speaking for myself, I got fat eating Cheetos and other garbage, not by eating too much kale!

Juicing and blending both have their place in a healthy lifestyle. As another poster said' date=' juicing provides immediate nutrition and was going to be part of my plan early out. I was not worried as many here are about carbs as I planned to juice mostly veggies like celery, cucumber, etc and then add a little apple for sweetness. (I ended up not juicing because I was too lazy to want to deal with cleaning the machine). I also have a Vitamix and blend veggies and fruit into smoothies. The upside is the added fiber, the downside is the thickness and air in those drinks as another poster mentioned. smoothies can be harder on a newer sleeved tummy. Either way, nutrition from healthy, whole food sources are a great idea. After all, speaking for myself, I got fat eating Cheetos and other garbage, not by eating too much kale![/quote']

Yeh...it's hard to eat too much kale...especially for a sleever.

I am pre-op and I have a Ninja blender - got it at Target for about $100 - and a Breville juice Fountain Plus - got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $150 (before a 20% off coupon). I love both and, as you can see, not horribly expensive. Especially if you are talking about ordering from Pressed Juicery. You can experiment with small batches of veggie combinations to see what you like. Also, everything I have read says that the nutrients start to break down quickly after juicing and to dring within 30-60 minutes after juicing. So I don't know if you would be getting the full benefits from the juice by ordering it.

As mentioned before, there are benefits to both juicing and blending.

Juicing - I like vegetables but not so much veggie juice, but it works for me because I usually mix veggies and fruits together. I don't even taste the greens when they are with carrots and an apple. Yes it has carbs and surgar, but it also has healthy enzymes, Vitamins and minerals. And can curb a sweet craving without resorting to something that has empty calories. After the sleeve, I won't be able to eat as many veggies/fruits, but can get the same Vitamins etc, packed into a drinkable form.

As for cleaning, it's a breeze as long as you clean it right afterward. I reuse my plastic grocery bags to line the pulp container so I don't even have to wash that - just pitch the bag. The rest you can easily rinse out or put in the dishwasher. The only "hard" thing is the filter and it comes with a brush to clean it. Really not too bad.

Blending - I love my Ninja! Not as good as a Vitamix but I wasn't willing to pay $400 or more for a blender. It does the job. It can crush ice into snow, so it's powerful. I make homemade sorbet for my kids and they LOVE it. I just use frozen fruit (we love raspberries and cherries), a little milk or Water (you don't need much liquid), a little vanilla and a bit of sugar or sweetener to taste. It comes out the consistancy of soft serve or soft sorbet. Eat it as is or put in the freezer if you want a firmer consistancy. I usually make smoothies with greek yogurt and frozen fruit.

Lol thanks everyone for your input, I kinda just miss raw veggies right now and can't have them for another month or so. I was just looking into experimenting with this juicing thing thinking ANYTHING is better than the junk I used to eat. This wouldn't be an everyday thing either, maybe on days that I work out, I'd have one right before or something is what I was thinking. Just inquiring as I really didn't & don't know much about it (lol so obvious) I'm also trying to boost up my calories too right now which is happening slowly but surely I'm at around 600 (give or take a few a day) I'm 6 weeks out.

HelIo, My Name is Moira and I will be sleeved on August 26th. I have been juicing for the last few weeks and I have a vita mix. How soon after surgery can I drink a vita mix juice? it has all the fiber and pulp in it. Thank you for your responses

I have a Breville juicer that I love...but if you aren't sure if you would be in to it enough to make the investment I would suggest looking for local places near you that have a juice bar. I live in So. Cal. so we have lots of places, but Whole Foods has juicing counters where you can try one of their veggie/fruit combos or create your own. Some other chains that may be where you are is Nekter or Juice It Up...also try any health food markets...a local one to me is called Mother's

HelIo' date=' My Name is Moira and I will be sleeved on August 26th. I have been juicing for the last few weeks and I have a vita mix. How soon after surgery can I drink a vita mix juice? it has all the fiber and pulp in it. Thank you for your responses[/quote']

I think you'll have no problem drinking anything out of the vitamix right away. The problem will be you won't have much room for anything but Water and Protein initially. To get in the minimums on those 2 things, most people don't have room left over for much else for a few weeks. But whenever you do start hitting those Protein and Water goals, and you feel like you have room for more, I'd say go for the vitamix. I got a recipe in my sig....I usually add Protein powder to whatever I put in the vitamix to kill 2 birds with one stone.