Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquids- an excerpt from my food diary

I am 3 months post op and have been keeping a detailed food diary. i thought it might be helpful to some if i made a list of all the foods and liquids i was consuming in the fulll liquid phase. hope it helps someone.

Here it is in no particular order:

Protein Shakes (of course), cream of wheat, greek yogurt, yogurt, strained Soups (even egg drop soup), sf popsicles, sf Jello, sf pudding,

frozen greek yogurt, milk

Protein shakes (of course), cream of wheat, greek yogurt, yogurt, strained Soups (even egg drop soup), sf popsicles, sf Jello, sf pudding,

frozen greek yogurt, milk

I have to ask - *what* is the deal with greek yogurt? Why is it, or is it really, better than regular yogurt? I bought some Chobani to try it out and I gotta say; the taste was adequate but the smell was seriously nasty. If I can not eat it, I'd be just as happy.

hmmm. Guess I'll hold my nose when I eat it. Of course, I'm nowhere close to having to worry about it as I haven't even gotten to the point of being submitted to insurance. :P

You might want to try some of the other brands out there, too. Or you can essentially make your own by straining regular plain yogurt in a cheesecloth or even a coffee filter for a few hours then flavoring it however you like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

I plan to try others. I like yogurt anyway and frequently take it with my salad for lunch. I probably also ought to go find a recipe for a goats milk yogurt that will work as we have just recently begun the switch over since out goat is giving about a quart or more a day in addition to feeding her kid. We figure once the kid is off her, we will be getting a gallon or so a day.

I know it sounds weird, but I am really looking forward to the liquid stage. One of the easiest times of my life was the 11 months I spent on Medifast - I didn't have to think about food. I knew what I would be having, no options. Life was sooooo much easier for me.

This was a good idea--thanks for sharing! One caveat is that all surgeons define full liquids differently. Mine did not allow SF pudding, yogurt or cream of wheat during full liquids. We could only have the yogurt and thinned cream of wheat on purees. SF pudding was never allowed, though I'm sure since I'm on a full diet now, I could probably have it with some Protein Powder? I usually just do Greek yogurt instead though.

hmmm. Guess I'll hold my nose when I eat it. Of course' date=' I'm nowhere close to having to worry about it as I haven't even gotten to the point of being submitted to insurance. :P[/quote']

I feel you! Greek yogurt is not tasty!

I start full liquids today. I can have sf pudding and yogurt, but not cream of wheat (unfortunately). I appreciate you posting this as it is what I was searching for today as I started this new phase!

I start full liquids today. I can have sf pudding and yogurt' date=' but not cream of wheat (unfortunately). I appreciate you posting this as it is what I was searching for today as I started this new phase![/quote']

Yep me too in re being appreciative to tink. Makes me feel prepared for whatever because she has already blazed the trail ahead of us. :-)

Tameka... I can't wait to start full liquids Monday... 15 days of clears has been tough! Cream of Wheat sounds heavenly... sure wish we could have that... it's one of my favs!