Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major Stall please help

So I was sleeved on June 25th, 2012 and was doing really well for the longest time. lost about 120# by January of this year. However since that point I have stalled in a major way. I am exercising but not to a horrible degree that I would think that I am gaining that much muscle mass. I don't think I am really taking in to many calories, but even if I was taking in a few to many I would think that with my exercise I would still be dropping even if it was at a very small rate. I am starting to get concerned, I have about another 50#s to go according to my doctor. I am wondring if anyone else has had this issue or has any ideas.

I will say that I am very diligent about carbs and limiting if not staying away completely. Please help.

Daniel,

I have heard of people going back to basically a 'pre-op' type diet of 2 shakes, and only 1 meal of lean Protein and veggies a day, everyone always says be sure you get plenty of Water in also. 120 pounds in about 6 months is great! Remember too that as you get smaller, and closer to your goal weight, the losing will slow also, because you have less of a calorie deficite. Your body may also be readjusting to figure out where all that weight went so fast. Another thing I've heard of that works is get some body weights, weight your body down with weights, (i.e. arm weights, ankle weights, weight vest) and your body will think that it needs to lose those 'artificial' pounds it's carrying and it could kick you back into loss. Good luck, and congrats on your success so far!!

Are you tracking what you are eating? Use something like MyFitnessPal or dailyplate or something and really track what you are consuming each day. Get something that you can use on your phone and be super strict about it. If you don't know how many kcals you are eating then chances are it is way more than you think. Slipping back into old habits, without realizing it, is very typical. Also what about Water intake? Lack of adequate Fluid is another reason for a stall.