Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome :) I was sleeved on 3/18 and the ride has been interesting but good. I was nervous as well but that quickly fades. Hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery and good luck on your journey ;)

Thanks Longhorn! I am looking forward to it for sure, have you had any complications thus far?

Well I have had a kidney infection since the surgery but my doctor and surgeon both told me that it probably has nothing to do with the surgery itself. Another member on this site told me it might have something to do with the amount of Protein I consume but other than that I have been fine. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 3 weeks so I am excited about that. The biggest hurdle for me was not being allowed to drink liquids like I use to. I love to drink Water at work but I cannot drink water like I use to. I am now reduced to sipping my water bottles rather than gulping and the line of work I do keeps me sweating constantly so it has been difficult staying hydrated but small steps to get to my goal is worth it.

I am new here also and I don't have a set in stone surgery date yet but it is supposed to be in April 2013. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I still have 8 lbs to lose before the surgery and i am really stressing out. I just found out yesterday that it had been approved so I thought that I would have more time.

Sorry to hear about the kidney infection Longhorn - Hopefully it clears up quickly for you!! On another note congrats on the fantastic weight loss that is great for just 3 weeks :)

DL- Welcome :) have you ever had surgery before? I had my appendix removed laparoscopically in 2006 so I'm not too concerned about the surgery and recovery per se it's more letting go of my bad habits for good - no going back and changing my mindset about food but I feel ready for it ;)

Hi, lukkymeee. I am new here, too! I'm having the op on April 22 and am getting a little more anxious as the date approaches. I've had surgery in the past so I am not worried about the SURGERY aspect of it...I am more nervous about how life will be AFTER the surgery. I'm near the end of my 2nd week of Optifast and trying to get my weight down to the surgeon's specifications which has been fun! lol Good luck and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Hi jessinoz :) yes that is exactly how I am feeling! Can I ask what your stats are? My high weight is 295, current 280 and goal weight 155 - I'm 5'7 ! I only have a three day pre-op diet of clear fluids that I will start early may pending my surgery date!

Certainly! My starting weight was 316, I am now down to 304. My goal weight is around 160-165. I'm 5' 5" and I am totally jelly that you have a 3 day pre-op diet! haha

That is fantastic :) you are making great progress!! Have you let it be common knowledge that you are having surgery? I have only told my husband and my mom.. I'm contemplating telling a few friends but I fear word will travel fast. My reasons for not sharing 1. I do not want anyone talking me out of this & 2. I really don't think it is anyone's business but my own for now :)

I am new here also and I don't have a set in stone surgery date yet but it is supposed to be in April 2013. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I still have 8 lbs to lose before the surgery and i am really stressing out. I just found out yesterday that it had been approved so I thought that I would have more time.

Hi, dlashanne! Good to meet you! You can do this!! :)

I TOTALLY know what you mean. I was wanting to keep it hush, hush too. I finally told my family in the states and they were/ are SOO supportive about it - not the reaction I was anticipating. My husband and his family know about it but I haven't told co-workers. And like you said, it really isn't their concern. Anyone outside of my support network is in a grey area, for now. When they see me looking hawt later and they ask me how I lost the weight, then I'll tell them lol :P

Yep my thoughts exactly!!! I had my son 5.5 months ago so I am currently on Maternity Leave from work so I figured now is the best time to have this done since I don't have to go back to work until October. I assume from your nick your from Australia? I'm in Canada and having my surgery done in Mexico. Do you have Facebook or Instagram?

Thank you jessinoz4. I think that i can but am just scared that I won't get the weight off in time. I have a wonderful support system and I have told everyone at work and my family but I am different than most. I am doing this for me to feel better and I have had many negative comments made and people trying to talk me out of it but I know that I have made the right decision for me. No one knows you like you do and the people that are negative and try to talk you out of it have never had to fight the battle that we have. They don't and will never understand. Keep your head up lukkymee because this is one thing that is all about you and no one else matters. So whether or not you tell other people that is your business just know that you have friends here on this forum that will support this huge and positive decision you have made in your life.

Dlashanne - You will do great, you are also making a positive change for the future and I look forward to watching you on this journey and hopefully being a part of it! I know exactly what you mean, people just don't "get it!" they dont understand what it is like to have struggled with weight your entire life. I am really looking forward to taking back my life and not being a prisoner to my weight, because I have been letting it hold me back and I just want to enjoy life! I am only 26 so I feel like my surgery day will be the first day of the rest of my life :) I have had many changes in my life in the past 6 months and for once the change is going to be all about me!