Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the May sleevers i just got my date!

Had my sleeve on May 6th, 2013. Looking forward to progressing through the diet stages and being able to start exercising :)

Had my sleeve on May 6th' date=' 2013. Looking forward to progressing through the diet stages and being able to start exercising :)

[/quote']

Congrats!! I was sleeved May 6th too :)) I hear ya about progressing through the diet! liquids are getting a little old now...but all in good time!

May 14th is just around the corner. I'm excited and scared at the same time! PreOp diet is going well....I'm down 8 lbs. I'm just ready to get it over with and start shoppping in the misses department!

May 14th is just around the corner. I'm excited and scared at the same time! PreOp diet is going well....I'm down 8 lbs. I'm just ready to get it over with and start shoppping in the misses department!

I'm the 14th also...it seems so close but so far at the same time lol

Need Advice Please!!!

I started my "supervised" weight loss attemp in Dec 2012. I have Cigna and Medicade. Cigna is my primary, and only requires 3 months, so my 3 months was up March 23rd.

Here is my problem however; The insurance and scheduling coordinator mixed up my insurances and thought medicade was my primary and told me to do 6 months. Then in the end of March she realized the mistake and told me I am done. But because of her mistake, my psych eval, nutrition assesment and educational glass subsequently didn't get scheduled and complted until mid April.

Further, she told me in March to get my pcp to write a letter of "medical clearance" just in case my insurance requires it, that way she can submit it with all of my insurance stuff.

Finally, my case goes to insurance on April 23rd. On April 24th, I hear back that it was denined because they didn't have the medical clearence notice. So, I send it to her again for an appeal which was submitted April 26th.

I just got approved Friday the 10th.. And now they can't get me in to see the surgeron until May 20th and there is no surgery date yet or notice to start my 10 day diet. I am very discouraged.

I am in school full time, and I needed to be having my surgery this past week or next week because I go back for summer semester on May 20th. I cannot miss school or I lose my scholarships.

I am in Colorado springs and going with Colorado Springs surgical associates. Please can someone give me advice.

@ sldeluxe06

You have several choices, easiest would be to take your classes online if possible. You can explain your situation and desire for a better healthier life to scholarship associations (or whatever they're called) and see if they can let you take the term off. Speaking of which what kind of scholarships require summer classes, usually the normal fall and spring are necessary. Other choices include scheduling all appts. between classes. The actual surgery depending on how you do would only have you in hospital for up to 3 days. You could always wait and have the surgery during your next break. Not sure what else you have going on in life, but there could be other options. Hope I helped

Highest weight 602 about 1 month pre op. <br />575 just before entering operating room.<br />1 week post op 564

Unfortuantely, the classes are not offered online. They are with the Univeristy of Colorado. I have 3 full ride scholarships, and will be starting my senior year on May 20th. If I do not take the summer classes, I will not be able to graduate in May of 2014 because certain required classes are only offered certain semesters. It is run on a cohort model. I start grad school July 2014. If I do not enter that cohort, I will be unable to start until July 2015...Thus, there are serious implications

My next break is not until the the begining of May 2014 and July 2014.

I have done everything my insurance compan and surgeon office has told me to do.

It's not my fault someone was not paying attention.

I am married, have two kids, and care for an elderly reletive. We are all in limbo waiting... My husband needs to be able to notify his company that he will need to take a few days off. He is in Heavy Highway Construction, equipment/crane operator. Since everything runs on a schedule, if he is absent on a crucial day the job will not get completed within the CDOT schedule, which results in massive fines (tens of thousands) sanctioned by CDOT. However, if he is able to communicate with them at least a month ahead of time they can change dates for concrete, girdirs, pile driving, etc.

My scholarships are for the University and have strict policies. My schooling cost nearly $15,000 a semester, yes, per semester. I intend on graduating without student loan debt. I had to work hard to get my scholarships.

My scholarships don't require summer term, however they do require that I graduate by a specific time. I have to do as the requirements say, because it's not my money...... I am the investment....

The University only offers specific classes during specific semesters.

I'm sorry but I don't need advice about school. I'm a 4.0 student. I need advice about how to deal with someone elses MASSIVE financial mistake that affects multiple facets in our lives.

This is a copy of the email I sent th coordinator.

I found this. It is the copy of my email to you on April 11th, with the medical clearance from my PCP. I have also included a copy of your email back to me, showing that you received my clearance letter.

I am thinking that this should have been submitted initially on the 23rd of April with all the other paperwork.

Had this been submitted, it seems likely that I would have already had my surgery.

This is very discouraging. Especially since my primary insurance only requires 3 months which was competed March 23rd... Subsequently, since that mix up was not discovered until the end of March, my nutritional assessment, psych eval and educational class were not scheduled until April....

I'd like this to be taking to the surgeon and office managers attention immediately, please. As I think that we would never have had to file an appeal, and wait an additional month and a half to get surgery (which I still have not had yet). I also called CareAllies and spoke to a gal named Alba, who confirmed that they would have approved my surgery had they received the medical clearance on April 23rd.

I believe that someone needs to find a way to get me in to see the surgeon, start my 10 day liquid diet, and get my surgery scheduled immediately.

This is extremely upsetting, because I could have had my surgery by mid April, and if I don't get it within the next 2 weeks I will be forced to find another surgeon or put it off for at least another year. This is not a good experience.

My timing is crucial due to school. And had someone paid attention to the fact that my primary insurance was Cigna, my other appointments would have been scheduled earlier.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:40 AM

To: blank (blank@uccs.edu)

Subject: RE: Clearence for surgery

As soon as blank sends that to me and the doctor signs it I will be going to insurance. I will let you know when that is.

To: blank@coloradosurgical.com

Subject: Clearence for surgery

Good Afternoon,

Here is my letter of clearance from my primary care physician approving my ability to have the weight loss surgery. I also met with ****** ********* this morning. So everything is complete and ready to go. I have my class with Fran on Monday the 29th.

I look forward to hearing back from you, hopefully with an insurance go-ahead! In the meantime, my next supervised weight loss follow-up is scheduled for the 19th of this month. I'll scan and email those notes once I have them. Or do I need to even go since I am official done?

All the best,

Lani

REACH - Respect, Excellence, Authenticity, Curiosity, Hard Work

I'm also a full time student and there are ways around it...do you have classes all 5 days per week? Maybe you can do the surgery before a long weekend like memorial day and then just take a day or two off classes. In all honesty I'm sure as long as you have someone driving you to school and you are not carrying more than 10lbs of books you will probably be fine in class. If its a ordinary class you will be sitting, the same thing you will be doing at home.

Unfortuantely' date=' the classes are not offered online. They are with the Univeristy of Colorado. I have 3 full ride scholarships, and will be starting my junior year on May 20th. If I do not take the summer classes, I will not be able to graduate in May of 2014 because certain required classes are only offered certain semesters. It is run on a cohort model. I start grad school July 2014. If I do not enter that cohort, I will be unable to start until July 2015...Thus, there are serious implications

My next break is not until the the begining of May 2014 and July 2014.

I have done everything my insurance compan and surgeon office has told me to do.

It's not my fault someone was not paying attention.

I am married, have two kids, and care for an elderly reletive. My scholarships are for the University and have strict policies. My schooling cost nearly 15,000 a semester, yes, per semester. I intend on graduating without student loan debt. I had to work hard to get my scholarships.

My scholarships don't require summer term, however they do require that I graduate by a specific time. I have to do as the requirements say, because it's not my money...... I am the investment....

The University only offers specific classes during specific semesters.

I'm sorry but I don't need advice about school. I'm a 4.0 student. I need advice about how to deal with someone elses MASSIVE mistake.[/quote']

About all you can do is talk to your instructor/professor and explain your predicament. Ask him/her if choosing between your education & your health is your only option. Chances are with foreknowledge of your surgery date he/she will likely be willing to give you the class agenda and allow you to work ahead of schedule. If you can get a couple weeks ahead of the class you should be ok to rejoin a couple weeks after surgery. It may not be ideal, but I felt well enough that I could have driven to and attended classes about 4days post op.

I also dont think anyone was giving you advice about school. I'm jealous of your scholarship though lol.

Yes, I have classes, actually 6 days per week at various times/days. Some are Mon/Wed some are Tues/Thurs. One is Fri 3 hour, Sat is a 4.5 hour day. Avg classes are 1.20 hours. Soc/Law-CJ major. So requires laptop and several books. Summer semester is only 8 weeks as opposed to 16 for the tradtional fall/spring. So missing even a day is detreimental. If you are a student you would understand why.

Okay, I DO NOT NEED ADVICE ABOUT SCHOOL. I need advice at how to address the situation with the doctors office. The coordinator created this delimma. I need them to correct it. I need advice about how I should go about approaching the situation.

Yeah I'm in grad school and I missed many classes in undergrad and a whole week during intersession for a different surgery and because I told professors about it ahead of time I was fine. I dont think anyone on here can give you any advice besides what you already did.

Okay' date=' I DO NOT NEED ADVICE ABOUT SCHOOL. I need advice at how to address the situation with the doctors office. The coordinator created this delimma. I need them to correct it. I need advice about how I should go about approaching the situation.[/quote']

Calm down ..no one is giving you any advice about school. ..you emailed the person who made the mistake but honestly if you start summer classes in a week and a half its highly doubtful anything can be done on their part so people are just trying to be helpful in other ways.