Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i have Kaiser inurs and they will only do bypass (they have never heard of lap bands) i can't change insur until open enrollment in Nov...i did call Dr Patching(he is in Sacramento) and he charges $9,000 but the hosptial portion will $20-$30,000.....going to Mexico is not an option for me...so i guess i will try weight watchers again and wait until i can change insur...my BMI is 43 and i want to lose 75lbs...but i would still like to come to these boards if that is okay? Nicole

Hey, I am sure no one will mind that you hang here. Even if you can't get the band now. We have all gone through the "DIETS" maybe you will do it this time. In the mean time look around at insurance co. that will cover the surgery. Also don't let the idea that you are having or are going to try to have the surgery slow down weight watchers progress. If it is not personal why can't you go to Mexico. I am going on 8/29/03 for my band. My BMI is 70. You will be ok. Let me know if you want to chat. Nicole

Nicole, don't despair!

November isn't bad at all!! Usually it takes at least that long to get in to see the surgeon anyhow!

If the doc is Sacramento is where you want to go and takes an insurance you can switch to then schedule your appointment NOW for say December.

Chances are that even you had the correct insurance right this second you wouldn't get in until then anyhow.

It's time for a battle plan :D.

Hi Nicole!

Have you considered going to Dr Cirangle in San Francisco. His fee (includes hospital and surgery) is about $13,000. If you want 3 years of followup care, it would be an additional $5000 or so. Sure beats most other doctors' prices. It is an option instead of heading to Mexico. Check out his website at www.lapsf.com. He is an excellent surgeon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches