Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so excited 1 week post op n lost 10lbs! I'm doing good with fluids n Protein about 72 grams aday! God is so Good! :-)

how do you feel, I am about to have my surgery (5 days), I am curious how you feel about food, are you hungry? Is it a constant worry on your mind? etc... nausea/vomiting any more?

No more nausea vomiting or pain! First couple days r horrible I will Admit. I had buyers remorse also but I stepped on scale I lost 10lbs! Makes it worth it. Can't wait to loose more. Hungry I think of a mind thing cuz i'm not hungry but If I see good food I want it. So I stay I way from it. Good luck!

to gettinsleeved, I am almost 4 months post op and I am still hungry. I eat every 2-3 hours and get in lots of Protein, they tell me its head hunger, I say B.S.! I just think it is part of the deal, your love for food doesn't go away. I think about what I am going to eat all day long. Be prepared and have food readily available, and something you can eat. I lived on homemade Soups and greek yogurt in the beginning, but I always knew there was something in the fridge that I could have. If you are unprepared you are going to go back to the same junk you used to eat.

Just remember the hospital is the worst part of this whole process. I was very sick in the hospital, but it was the meds they were giving me, once I refused all pain meds my stomach thanked me for it. I did have some vomitting the first 2 months, but it was my own stupidity! Eating too fast, or eating too much.

Just listen to your doctors and your own body, this is a learning experience, don't be nervous, just be ready for a change! Good Luck!

My suergery is on 4/9 :)

1 week post op also dont know how much ive lost (gonna wait until my 2week post op appointment) but I know ive lost alot I can see and feel it. My first 3 days where hell also but it get better from there. Im never hungry I just feel the need to chew. I even made dinner for my family and didn't take not one piece. Lol I satisfy my need to chew by eating ice and my sugar free fat free popsicles. You will be fine. The worst part and feeling is being awaken from surgery. Thats when your going to think ohh god what have I done. But it gets better.

On tomorrow I will be one week out. I am down 20 pounds between the pre op diet and after being sleeved. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I do not feel hunger at all. I did a lot of mental preparation before the surgery, I was completely ready and made the decision without hesitstion. Its rough at first but nothing great comes easy. I do think about food and drinks all the time, but its more of a chore than it is for pleasure. Good luck to you all!

I too am 1 week out, but I am not going to weigh until my Doc apt. next Wednesday. But I can tell by looking in the mirror iv lost weight. Guess nothing but liquids will do that to you. Lol.

Sleeve Date: March 28, 2013 Weight on surgery date: 281 First Goal 50lbs: July 13, 2013 (231)

Im also 1 week out today and down 25 pounds with no pre op diet! Its insane! I feel pretty good I really want some meat but other than that I'm good.

How are you guys making your Protein Shakes? I just can't get a good recipe and my doctor insists I should try incorporating them now. I hate the taste. Any suggestions would be great. I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to buy

Protein Shots.< /p>

I love my Protein Shakes, I do something different all the time with them. Try frozen pineapple and vanilla Protein, lots of ice and Water. chocolate, with Peanut Butter and 1/2 banana, lots of ice and water.

I always make mine with water and ice, the colder the better, and even though I am not supposed to I use a straw, it is the only way I can get them in. I started a straw about 1 month out of surgery and never have had an issue.

Bariatric Foodie has a website and a great cookbook for just protein shakes, experiment and enjoy, they really do help with getting in your protein!!!

Good Luck.

I love my Protein shakes' date=' I do something different all the time with them. Try frozen pineapple and vanilla protein, lots of ice and Water. chocolate, with Peanut Butter and 1/2 banana, lots of ice and water.

I always make mine with water and ice, the colder the better, and even though I am not supposed to I use a straw, it is the only way I can get them in. I started a straw about 1 month out of surgery and never have had an issue.

Bariatric Foodie has a website and a great cookbook for just Protein Shakes, experiment and enjoy, they really do help with getting in your protein!!!

Good Luck.[/quote']

You just don't know how you've made my day! Thanks so much for the advice. I want to do well and I know protein shakes are a large factor for getting protein in at this stage :)

I've just been using pure Protein bottle. The vanilla cream is my favorite. I really have a tough time getting it down though cause I've just had too many of them now.