Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and im stalling

Two weeks no weight loss!! However total of 4 weeks I lost 18 lbs!!!!

I just don't know what to do....

I was told to increase my meals so i set my timer to remind me to eat every two hours even when i'm not hungry i eat so it work for me even i'm not hungry onlt weight your self once a week....

Im going through the stalll too.....I was told to increase the water.....I have heard this is normal. I am stalling at 3 weeks going on my second week of no loss. I did loose 20 in two weeks so maybe that is why. Hang in there. It will pass......Prayers!

J

I have been stalled for weeks !! I try to snack all day to keep my metabolism moving. I eat a high Protein lunch and drink alot of Water with crystal lite....what else can I do??? I am sooo frustrated. I lost 21 lbs pre surgery and have been stuck with only losing 15 lbs post op...sleeved Jan 21.2013. Any suggestions welcome.

I'm exactly three weeks out today... I'm up 2 pounds from what I weighed last week. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing and ride it out. I'm getting in my Protein and Water and eating my target calories... Stalls are part of the process.

I have been stalled for weeks !! I try to snack all day to keep my metabolism moving. I eat a high Protein lunch and drink alot of Water with crystal lite....what else can I do??? I am sooo frustrated. I lost 21 lbs pre surgery and have been stuck with only losing 15 lbs post op...sleeved Jan 21.2013. Any suggestions welcome.

It is not a good idea to "snack all day". That is considered grazing and is one of the ways around this surgery to cause weight gain. At the stage you are now at, I was eating (and still am) 3 meals a day and 1 snack. Around 1000 calories a day. You need to write down every single thing you are putting in your mouth and figure out how many calories you are getting a day and if you are getting in the correct amount of protein. Exercise is also very important and can knock your metabolism into high gear. You might want to think about talking with your nutritionist to get her advice as well. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. :)

Lina12 - I know it is frustrating but I would give the same advice to you as to Canadianchick. Sometimes just because we have the surgery we think it should fall off, (I'm including myself in that ;) ) but it still takes work and good habits, tracking, and exercising. Praying for you! :D

Thank you Shrinking mom for the advice. I am finding it difficult to eat a meal, which is another reason why I prefer to eat a little bit at a time throughout the day. My most difficult meal is Breakfast...I don't like eggs and I'm sick of porridge...but I will have to keep experimenting to figure something out.

I did self pay in Mexico so I don't have anyone who is looking after me (ie, nut) I have been looking but noone wants to do "after" care on someone who didn't use them for the surgery.

I am not so good at writing everything down either....sound like an ass I know but it's just that I don't eat full servings of things so I'm not sure how to calculate everything :/

I do alot of walking for exercise in fact I bought a treadmill so I can walk even when it's bad weather out.

I must try harder to find a nut and try to keep better track of what food I can get down.

Thanks again, by the way you look awesome !! I checked out your before and after pics !! way to go !! I hope that will be me sometime soon :) cheers

You will make it, just know that some things we don't want to do........ but that is what got us here in the first place. :) We have to change those old habits and replace them with new ones. Remember that you don't have to eat "breakfast food" for Breakfast. I ate refried black Beans and baby bel cheese melted on it for breakfast for a really long time because I couldn't stand eggs and oatmeal don't have enough Protein. Just keep experimenting and find things that you do like. Weigh and measure everything you eat so you can get a good idea of the nutritional value. Even if you don't eat a full serving, you can half it. I promise I am not preaching and believe me, I don't do everything perfectly but you sound pretty down and that can get you in trouble. :wacko: Feel free to message me any time and let me know how you are doing! Just keep going and continuing to make good changes! I'm rooting and praying for you!!! :D Thanks for the compliment and you will get there!

I appreciate the kind words shrinkingmom. I will keep trying and I will start marking everything down.

Thank you :)

I was at a stall i set my timer and eat every two hours,even if i'm not hungry i eat because i'm never hungry anyway.so the timer reminds me to eat,i only can do a few spoons anyway,so i notice the scale is moving again,so it works,i was sleeved jan 24,and also i stop the treadmilll for a bit and it really started moving,can't explain it :)looking to start back soon just watching to see what by body is doing..

Im going through the stalll too.....I was told to increase the Water.....I have heard this is normal. I am stalling at 3 weeks going on my second week of no loss. I did loose 20 in two weeks so maybe that is why. Hang in there. It will pass......Prayers!

J

Try on something that used to be too tight! At 2 weeks I stopped losing and didn't lose for two weeks! I tried on a pair of jeans that never fit and they did! I measured the biggest part of my stomach and it was 4 inches smaller! You're losing even if not pounds! Keep your chin up!

Even if you had surgery in Mexico, you can still get help here. I would think any program would allow you to join just for nutritional follow-ups? You'd have to pay for it but if it helps keep you on track that's good???

Thank you Shrinking mom for the advice. I am finding it difficult to eat a meal' date=' which is another reason why I prefer to eat a little bit at a time throughout the day. My most difficult meal is Breakfast...I don't like eggs and I'm sick of porridge...but I will have to keep experimenting to figure something out.

I did self pay in Mexico so I don't have anyone who is looking after me (ie, nut) I have been looking but noone wants to do "after" care on someone who didn't use them for the surgery.

I am not so good at writing everything down either....sound like an ass I know but it's just that I don't eat full servings of things so I'm not sure how to calculate everything :/

I do alot of walking for exercise in fact I bought a treadmill so I can walk even when it's bad weather out.

I must try harder to find a nut and try to keep better track of what food I can get down.

Thanks again, by the way you look awesome !! I checked out your before and after pics !! way to go !! I hope that will be me sometime soon :) cheers[/quote']

I know you say you don't eat full servings of things - have you tried My Fitness Pal (website/app) to track? It lets you do partial servings. Helps me keep track of Protein, supplements, exercise - everything! Try it out!

Thanks for the advice...Miss Meow I thought they'd be willing to help me too, but I was told I cannot join their program as they did not preform my surgery!! ridiculous right?!? I have gone to see a nutritionist (self pay) but she didn't seem to get that I really can't eat alot of things yet. I was told I should be getting all my nutrients from food...no way can I do that yet...it's still such a stuggle to get a variety of food down. I am taking 2 chewable Calcium with Vitamin D and two chewable Vitamins everyday to make sure I am getting nutrients.

@ bmbrush413 am going to try my fitness pal out...I've seen postings on here that say it's pretty good. Thanks :)

I wish I had a friend or two that I could share my struggles and triumphs with...wouldn't it be nice to have someone to share some healthy meals with ? I find I make soo much food and have to end up throwing so much out because I of course make too much and can only freeze so much...anyhow sorry about the rant...sometimes I feel like I am all alone in this journey :(

Thanks again for all the great advice...I am gonna go set up an account now on fitness pal :)

Cheers ladies !!

Stalls happen to most of us. Hang on there. It will end