Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - December chat

Hey y'all,

I just got my 4th. fill. I've got a total of 9cc now.I really hope this one works for a while. I was stalled for three weeks at 220. Now I've been on liquids since Wednesday and the scale has already gone down 7 lbs. :clap2: I'm still trying hard to make my New Year's Day goal. I may not get all the way, but I'll be close!

I'm especially pleased that my stall has broken, because my grandmother is coming for xmas. Her favorite thing is to offer me cake, Cookies, & fried chicken. Then when I accept she tells me I'm too fat and should lose weight. While patting my stomach. Why, I ask you, WHY?

This didn't start out to be a vent, but thanks anyway.

Thanks, I Feel A Little Better. I Do Exercise 3-4 Times A Week And Drink All My Water. They Took My Measurements At Curves When I Started. I Have Had Sciatic And Told By My Doc To Lay Off The Excercising For A While Until I Finish My Meds. I Can't Wait To Get Back. I Never Thought I Would Say That.

I Will Wait And See, You Give Me Hope That This Will Be The One. Thanks Again For Both Of You Help. Diane

we're falling off the MAP! AHHH!!! I couldn't find the thread for a minute.

So I'm trying to motivate myself to start an exercise routine. I've been dealing with depression and it's hard. It's dark when I leave for work and dark when I leave work. Plus I feel like I'm missing my mom a lot more this year. Last year I think I was just in shock and now I feel really lost without her. I'm still bouncing around the 30 pound mark and I don't know if I should get another adjustment or not. I get a LOT of stuff stuck and I think I am ignoring when I'm full or just plain eating too fast. am I alone?

Josette,

I saw your post about dealing with depression and I believe I have something that might help during these short days and long nights. Do you know about SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? Some folks who have depression are greatly affected by the lessening of sunlight during the winter. Those in the northern latitudes are affected more strongly. It has it's own form of depression and it increases the symptoms of depression greatly for one already in place.

Even living in as far south as Texas for 17 years, I've had to deal with this ailment. What I use is a desk lamp with a special bulb that shines the light in the same spectrum as sunlight. I sit under the light while I have Breakfast and read the paper each day.The extra light seems to counteract the light missing from being outdoors like we usually are in the summer months.

Here is some additional information:

Click here: MedlinePlus: Seasonal Affective Disorder

Click here: Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD Light Therapy Winter Blues light boxes Full Spectrum lights

Hang in there. If you can start feeling a little better with more light, maybe it will make it easier to get through the holidays without loved ones.

Take care,

Jo Ann

we're falling off the MAP! AHHH!!! I couldn't find the thread for a minute.

So I'm trying to motivate myself to start an exercise routine. I've been dealing with depression and it's hard. It's dark when I leave for work and dark when I leave work. Plus I feel like I'm missing my mom a lot more this year. Last year I think I was just in shock and now I feel really lost without her. I'm still bouncing around the 30 pound mark and I don't know if I should get another adjustment or not. I get a LOT of stuff stuck and I think I am ignoring when I'm full or just plain eating too fast. am I alone?

I feel your darkness. I hate I go to work in the dark and drive home in the dark. It is disgusting. And never forget your mom may not be here to hold your hand, but she is in your heart. She will never leave you. And when you need her the most, look out into the dark sky and the first star you see is here, smiling brightly on you! :kiss2:

I'm 6 lbs from my new years goal....hmm, ya think I can do it in 2 weeks?? LOL Probably not, but hey, I made that goal in August and here I sit so close I cant even believe it! I love my band :eek:

Hey all,

I am still hanging in there. Sorry I have been so quiet. My daughter went into the hospital with viral pnuemonia last Monday morning and just got discharged last night. We are all very tired but she is much improved. I managed to watch my intake in there even when there was only Chik filet and Subway for food.

I spent weeks shopping for holiday outfits as my husband and I were supposed to attend 5 parties, 4 of them this week. We of course missed the 4 this week so I have decided to return the clothes as I hope to be a smaller size next December!

I have lost 38 pounds and am exercising 3-5 times a week. Before we went into the hospital I was just back up to full treadmill workout but I cannot and should not do deep knee squats. After a week of sitting on my butt, I have to back peddle a little to regain knee strength.

I am hesitant to get a 3rd fill only because this one still has some kick to it. I still have a pretty good restriction and if I keep focused I can lose weight with it. Everyday I have to test the fill to figure out what I can eat. Some day I can do eggs, others I cannot. Some days chicken and beef are easier than others. I will give this fill a little more time before I decide whether to go for a 3rd. I am definitely losing inches and gaining muscle and my clothes are fitting differently even though I have not lost much weight lately. Glad to see everyone is making it through the holidays.

Robin, Glad To Hear Your Baby Is Doing Better And Home For The Holidays! I'm Glad That You Are Beginning To Use Your Knee More And With Not As Much Pain. Just Take The Excercising Slow And Don't Push. At Least I Would Be Afraid To Do So. Robin, Do You Have A Total Of 1.7cc Or Are You At 3.3cc ? Just Woundered.

Diane

Robin, so glad to hear your little one is better. I have a son with severe asthma. We've spend many a night in the hospital. The last was a week in the pediatric ICU. it's so hard when you little one is suffering.

My last fill was 1.7cc but I definitely feel there must be less, but not much less because I still have a good fill. In early November I lost about 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. Then one day I suddenly felt hungrier and could eat more than before. But this is not the same experience I hady after the first fill. After about a week I could eat anything and not feel an bad side effects. I still cannot eat bread or Pasta with this fill or even dense foods. I can maintain easily with this fill especially during the holidays. I will probably schedule another fill in January.

Are any of you depressed about not being able to eat with gusto? I approach food with some apprehension because I am not sure how it will go down. Taste has become so secondary because I am worried about whether I will pb.

Robin, Glad To Hear Your Baby Is Doing Better And Home For The Holidays! I'm Glad That You Are Beginning To Use Your Knee More And With Not As Much Pain. Just Take The Excercising Slow And Don't Push. At Least I Would Be Afraid To Do So. Robin, Do You Have A Total Of 1.7cc Or Are You At 3.3cc ? Just Woundered.

Diane

My last fill was 1.7cc but I definitely feel there must be less, but not much less because I still have a good fill. In early November I lost about 10 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. Then one day I suddenly felt hungrier and could eat more than before. But this is not the same experience I hady after the first fill. After about a week I could eat anything and not feel an bad side effects. I still cannot eat bread or Pasta with this fill or even dense foods. I can maintain easily with this fill especially during the holidays. I will probably schedule another fill in January.

Are any of you depressed about not being able to eat with gusto? I approach food with some apprehension because I am not sure how it will go down. Taste has become so secondary because I am worried about whether I will pb.

I pb everything that goes in my mouth, I have gotten good at pushing food around my plate at parties to make it look like I ate a bit. It sucks.

Hello everyone!

It has been almost three months since I have posted anything. I have been very down with the whole band thing---until TODAY!!! I had a fill with Dr. Ortiz of 1.6 cc in October, but on Friday I got a fill of another .98 from a local Doc, and I FINALLY HAVE RESTRICTION!!!!! I am so happy!!! I have only lost weight from the liquid diet of post-op surgery, and now I can only eat a few bites of food and I am full!! I am so excited thinking I will finally be able to lose some weight!

Well, I am seeing that everyone else is doing FANTASTIC, and hopefully soon I can join you in the weight loss game again!

Merry Christmas everyone, and the "slimmest" of New Years!

I decided not to postpone my next fill until January and have scheduled the third one for December 27. Yup that's right - I'll probably be drinking liquids or eating mashed potatoes for New Years, but I have been stuck at this weight for one month and I want to get the show on the road. I fear that I will get comfortable at this weight and not push myself to keep losing. I need to keep the momentum going. When I hit the sweet spot in early November, life was great because I was losing 3-4 pounds a week, but that lasted only 2 1/2 weeks. I want to get back to that. My last fill was 1.7cc in a 9.75 band. I think I have slipped to about 1.2 because there is still a good fill but it is not good enough.

Have you been surprised by people's reaction that this really is a diet? Most folks think that the weight just falls off by itself and that I still don't have to watch portions or exercise. They think the lapband is the easy route to losing rather than considering it as an easier route. It has been wonderful though at not allowing me to regain weight even when I have eaten more than I should. It is a great reminder that I am full and should not push it. Before the band I would have eaten past the point of being too full. In the past after 5 months of dieting, I would have given up and started to regain the weight. I feel such freedom and more importantly no longer fearful of being so heavy again.

Happy holidays everybody and I will give you an update after my 3rd filll.

Robin... I too have noticed that people think it's easy too. I guess they look at it like the gastric bypass where the weight flies off people. I kind of regret telling anybody I had the surgery because they nag the hell out of me about how much I've lost and give me that disappointed look when I don't tell them like 60 pounds already. very annoying!

I went to my doctors check up yesterday and I've lost 8 pounds in the past month so he didn't want to do another adjustment. I'm feeling pretty good!

Good for you Josette!!

I didn't want to let any of my family know I had the surgery, but unfortunately, mom and dad and hubby spilled the Beans. Pretty much everyone I've even known is now aware that I have the band. LOL!! I feel like a walking billboard for lapband surgery. Just today I saw my Uncle and cousing for the first time in a couple months. The first thing they said is, "So how much?" I told them and they were so happy for me. At least my family is really supportive. They aren't looking at me like, "is that it?" I did notice that, although they don't say anything, they do watch everything that goes into my mouth. I had coffee and put a teaspoon of sugar in it and my uncle asked why I didn't use sweet n low. I told him I don't like sweet n low, I like splenda and there isn't any here. I had to explain that a teaspoon of sugar isn't gonna ruin everything.

Oh and I had a really good NSV today. I finally fit into my favorite pre-baby jeans! I started out at a size 30 and these are a 22! A 22!!! I almost died when I buttoned and zippered them without a problem!!:clap2: