Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi!

I don't know what to tell you other than to sit down with your support system - either in person on the phone and see if you can figure things out. I know others who have driven from Albuquerque for surgery and then driven home. It's about a 6 hour drive. Of course, they stayed the night right after surgery. Staying in Cheyenne might work if you're surgery is early in the morning. The short drive to Cheyenne wouldn't be too bad. Can your husband or a friend stay with you so that the kids could come home earlier? Where does your Mother-in-law live? Can your Mom watch the kids in Cheyenne just for the day of surgery?

I hope you can work it out. Dr. K is the best and his price can't be beat when you consider the care that you will be receiving. Another thing to think about is - do you have a doctor close by to do your follow up care? Someone to do your fills? There are some doctors who are very reluctant to do fills on patients whom they didn't band.

Good Luck Dear! Come back and post to let us know what you figured out!

dee~

PrtyAntOvrYt, thank you for your support! My mother in law lives in my town, the only thing I'm worried about is leaving the kids with her for to long! We could take our 3 year old with us, but then that 2 people my hubby would have to worry about! He's an old fashion guy, where he works, and I deal with the kids! So it's hard to see him taking care of my and our 3 year old coming home:smile:! My husband would be driving, because i don't know how soon i would be able to drive, so better safe than sorry! I guess i could just suck up the pain and deal with the drive, how well do the pain pills work:wink_smile:? I don't think we have anyone around here to do the fills, but i also wouldn't mind having to drive back to Dr. K for fills, gives me an excuse to get out of town and see my parents and old friends!

Also was wondering about the pain. I've had 2 c-sections, and delt with the pain realy well. I know the lap band surgery is up higher, just wondering if anyone has gone through both, and how similar the pain is!

I guess I'm just trying to figure out to many things at once and worry about everyone else, I don't want everyone to wait hand and foot on me!

PrtyAntOvrYt, thank you for your support! My mother in law lives in my town, the only thing I'm worried about is leaving the kids with her for to long! We could take our 3 year old with us, but then that 2 people my hubby would have to worry about! He's an old fashion guy, where he works, and I deal with the kids! So it's hard to see him taking care of my and our 3 year old coming home:smile:! My husband would be driving, because i don't know how soon i would be able to drive, so better safe than sorry! I guess i could just suck up the pain and deal with the drive, how well do the pain pills work:wink_smile:? I don't think we have anyone around here to do the fills, but i also wouldn't mind having to drive back to Dr. K for fills, gives me an excuse to get out of town and see my parents and old friends!

Also was wondering about the pain. I've had 2 c-sections, and delt with the pain realy well. I know the lap band surgery is up higher, just wondering if anyone has gone through both, and how similar the pain is!

I guess I'm just trying to figure out to many things at once and worry about everyone else, I don't want everyone to wait hand and foot on me!

Hi!

How about if your Mom or Dad went with you for the surgery and your husband stayed and watched the kids?

You won't be given any pills after surgery. You'll get a liquid pain med. It actually works very well and makes you pretty sleepy. Or atleast it made me sleepy.

We are all different in so many ways. I had a lot of port pain and absolutely NO gas pain. Others have less port pain and more gas discomfort. One person went to Walmart after surgery and walked around. I was lucky to walk to the bathroom without crying. I'm a lot bigger than most here. Probably the biggest in fact and that might have had something to do with my pain level.

I've had other surgeries, but never had a C/Section. Perhaps others can speak to that.

If someone else can't bring you to the surgery, maybe someone can come with you guys to help take care of your kids. Could one of your parents come with you?

Just for you DenverGirl! My husband got this recipe off some bodybuilding website and the only thing he did was add a little honey to make it sweeter. He said he had to add a little milk because it was too thick.

8 oz fat free cream cheese

4 scoops Protein Powder

3 cups whole oats

1/2 cup splenda

Dash of cinnamon (to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, Protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth.

Add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

Note - if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or Water.< /p>

Spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. Spread the mixture in the pan. Sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

Cut into ten bars for a breakdown of:

154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

I made these today. I used my GNC protein powder (banana flavor) and a tablespoon or so of Peanut Butter. Skipped the cinnamon. Yummy. :(. Thanks for the recipie.

julie

I made these today. I used my GNC Protein Powder (banana flavor) and a tablespoon or so of Peanut Butter. Skipped the cinnamon. Yummy. :tongue:. Thanks for the recipie.

julie

YAY! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! There is another version my husband makes, which uses any kind of nut butter and omits the cream cheese - but that obviously increases the calories/fat. I prefer them that way, but if I make these, I'll definitely be going the cream cheese route just to skip the extra calories. I'm on a mission here! :(

Banana flavor Protein powder? Gosh, that sounds like it would be fabulous mixed with strawberry protein powder. What brand is it??? Or is it actually the GNC brand?

I had three c-sections and this is very similar (pain-wise). the only difference was that I had my hiatel hernia repaired during lapband surgery and it gave me more chest pain. The gas is worse, but you get to rest a lot more without a baby to care for after surgery:laugh: BUT...I got to eat normally after my c-sections.

Piglet, I've had 2 c-sections and thought lapband was MUCH less painful. The gas pains kind of sucked but were definitely controllable with gasx strips. Just my opinion.

Dee, you HAVE to eat more than a pear and some walnuts. Now that's just not enough food to live on. I'm gonna' be mama squirrel here for a minute and tell you that you have to be sure you're getting enough Protein, etc.

Jaime, how are you feeling? You sound good . . . is it okay being back at work?

Julie, that's awesome that you tried out those bars. They sound great. Yummy.

Oops, missed somebody . . .

Tally, congratulations on hitting onederland! It's such a fabulous feeling! You'll stay there. You can do it.

That's so weird about the leak, but it makes total sense that it would take awhile. It will be interesting to see what develops.

I'm getting a fill tomorrow. I'm nervous now since these leaks have been popping up! Yikes! I realized I needed another fill cuz I'm suddenly obsessed with food. I keep thinking about different restaurants I like, and how much I want ice cream, etc. So, yep, it's time.

Jaime, there weren't any pics with your post (or at least they didn't show up on my computer).

OK, hopefully this picture will stay!

post-245605-13813137889025_thumb.jpg

Piglet, I've had 2 c-sections and thought lapband was MUCH less painful. The gas pains kind of sucked but were definitely controllable with gasx strips. Just my opinion.

Dee, you HAVE to eat more than a pear and some walnuts. Now that's just not enough food to live on. I'm gonna' be mama squirrel here for a minute and tell you that you have to be sure you're getting enough Protein, etc.

Yes Dee, listen to the Mama Squirrel-Elect :tongue: Eat your calories each day! We all know the body goes into starvation mode if it doesn't get enough nutrients each day!

Being back at work has been great. I'm feeling awesome, and people at the office who don't even know what I had done have been commenting that I look "great". So obviously I'm doing something right! I guess I'm just exuding a lot more postive vibes now. I'm sure I am - I'm as happy as a 6 year old on Christmas morning! :(

I'm afraid to speak too soon but this morning when I got on the scale it says I am in onederland!!! It has been sooo many years since I've been here. I just hope I can remain in onederland. I am going on a car trip to Maryland with my daughter tomorrow morning and I usually eat a lot on long trips. I am bringing fruit and Water and Protein Bars so we'll see.

Yeah, Deb!!! :):(:thumbup::tongue:

OK, hopefully this picture will stay!

That's an adorable picture! You guys look so sweet together! AND you're right, your hubby is a Babe.

Tally, congratulations on hitting onederland! It's such a fabulous feeling! You'll stay there. You can do it.

That's so weird about the leak, but it makes total sense that it would take awhile. It will be interesting to see what develops.

I'm getting a fill tomorrow. I'm nervous now since these leaks have been popping up! Yikes! I realized I needed another fill cuz I'm suddenly obsessed with food. I keep thinking about different restaurants I like, and how much I want ice cream, etc. So, yep, it's time.

Yup! Now I hardly ever think of food! Unless I wake up at 2am starving like I did this morning!

I hope your fill is all it's meant to be!

I hope it brings you much restriction - but not too much!

I hope it takes away your hunger and offers your that sweet satiated feeling!

And may your scale move in the right direction - lower and lower toward your ultimate goal to good health

AND

Skinnie Ville~

Mama Squirrel, I'm trying! Truly I am! This morning, I drank a slim fast low carb Protein Shake, 4 hours later, I had 1/2 slice of flex oat toast, 1 fried egg and 1 Morningstar Farm Veggie Sausage Pattie. 4 hours later, I had a small salad with lots of veggies (well, not a lot) and some veggie chicken strips. Now, when I get home I'll have my pear with 8 walnuts.

I logged the calories and it's 681 with 54 grams of protein. I am hoping the walnuts will bring me up 60 grams of protein.

I think that's okay, don't you? Say yes, please Mama! :(

Yes Dee, listen to the Mama Squirrel-Elect :tongue: Eat your calories each day! We all know the body goes into starvation mode if it doesn't get enough nutrients each day!

Being back at work has been great. I'm feeling awesome, and people at the office who don't even know what I had done have been commenting that I look "great". So obviously I'm doing something right! I guess I'm just exuding a lot more postive vibes now. I'm sure I am - I'm as happy as a 6 year old on Christmas morning! :(

Well, if I were married to a Hottie Hubby Babe, I'd be as happy as a 6 year old on Christmas Morning too!!!

Well, if I were married to a Hottie Hubby Babe, I'd be as happy as a 6 year old on Christmas Morning too!!!

You are so funny Dee. :tongue:

He says he looks fat in that picture and is mad that I posted that one. Fat?!?!? He's got a "fat complex" worse than mine! Hmmph, MEN! :( He just wants to impress all you fine ladies, that's all.

You are so funny Dee. :tongue2:

He says he looks fat in that picture and is mad that I posted that one. Fat?!?!? He's got a "fat complex" worse than mine! Hmmph, MEN! :rolleyes2: He just wants to impress all you fine ladies, that's all.

You're right! We are fine! Aren't we? Especially Mama Squirrel - she's a little firecracker!

Mini, thanks! I must say it made me very happy :rolleyes2: I'm just hoping the scale is kind to me tomorrow. If it is ok, I am going to weigh in tomorrow since I will be gone until Sunday on my road trip to Maryland. We are leaving at 6 am so I will weigh and post (if I remember) before we leave if that is ok. Yeah, when I start thinking of food all the time again, it's time for a fill, why torture yourself when a fill will take care of it. It is going to be 20 degrees tonight again in (sunny,) Florida, Brr!