Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yep! Even a biracial kid from Hawaii with a funny name.

YAY BARACK OBAMA!!!!! I love him love him love him! Love Michelle and the kids!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN :thumbdown::thumbup::blink::thumbup::lol:

You took the words right out of my mind!!!! I was going to say that exact thing, he is exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that!

You took the words right out of my mind!!!! I was going to say that exact thing, he is exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that!

Yeah, you know what they say about great minds!!!

Bella!

HI!

Congrats on being so close to Onederland!

I just got a fill and I think I figured out something. If I eat slower, taking smaller bites, I get full faster and I eat less. If I take bigger bites, eat faster, I get that stuck feeling and then I am hungry sooner!

I've been doing some experimenting. Try and see if it works for you.

Great idea, thanks!!!:thumbdown:

Yeah, you know what they say about great minds!!!

Yes, but your mind is far superior to mine! You actually posted it! I only thought it!

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the beginning of the holiday weight loss challenge. Please weigh yourself and then decide how much weight you'd like to lose by the end of the year. Post your weight loss goal, and then we'll start posting our losses starting next Thursday. Hope that all made sense.

Let's lose that weight by the end of '08!!!!

(sorry, that was the best I could do)

Mini: you are sweet to volunteer to keep track again! Well, seven weeks....hmmmm....put me down for 15. I will give it a go!

With this new design on the website here, I am having a difficult time getting to the section where one can edit signature, etc. Any hints?:tongue2:

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the beginning of the holiday weight loss challenge. Please weigh yourself and then decide how much weight you'd like to lose by the end of the year. Post your weight loss goal, and then we'll start posting our losses starting next Thursday. Hope that all made sense.

Let's lose that weight by the end of '08!!!!

(sorry, that was the best I could do)

I would like to join the challenge. Keeps me accountable. Put me down for 20. Working with no fill... and possible restrictions from port replacement... but I can do it. :lol: I lost 20 on my pre-op. Power of the mind... or something like that. :tt2:
Of course only you can make the decision of which Dr. to stay with but from the sound of everything you have said, sounds to me like Dr. M is a good choice. Everything he seems to be saying is identical with everything Dr. K has just said to me. It's funny because even Dr. K was like "well, it was probably a manufactureer defect" but he said the company will not ever admit to that, they told him that it is almost always that the Dr. punctured the tubing. Then Dr. K told me that he was indeed right on the tubing so he is quite sure that he just punctured it. I know he was pissed off at himself over the whole thing and I kinda felt bad for him, lol. I just told him "no worries, it is what it is". Afterall I know he didn't do it on purpose (if he even did it, I don't know yet). Sounds to me like you are getting good advice from Dr. M and you trust him that's important.

Deb

Again... thanks so much for your input. I did decide to repair the port and stick with Dr M. I really do like him, feel comfortable with him, and believe he has my best interests at heart. I am just a sucker for his bedside manner. :tongue2: Ha!

Bless your heart, Adorkable! You've been struggling a long time with these things... then you had the gallbladder problems in the middle of all of this! You've lost 80lbs! You can be so proud of that. I know you worked so hard to lose that weight, but you can be proud of yourself for doing it without the help of your band.
I know right? :blink: It has been such a crazy road.

I read back in my blog and realized I had my first gallbladder attack after my first fill, less than 3 months after surgery. So I never really had a chance to concentrate on the band. Spent four months in and out of ER, testing galore and switching PCP's to get it DX'd and removed. Finally got recovered from that and struggle with fills and no restriction for 3 months only to get DX'd with the leak. :blink:

So heck yeah! When I look at all that, I am pretty happy with the 80 pounds I am down. (Actually from today's Dr's visit it is only 77. :blush: So in the last 4 months I have put back on about 8 pounds.)

But it is all good. I scheduled my port replacement for Tuesday! I get a do-over. I just hope this time it WORKS! No more bumps!

Mini: you are sweet to volunteer to keep track again! Well, seven weeks....hmmmm....put me down for 15. I will give it a go!

With this new design on the website here, I am having a difficult time getting to the section where one can edit signature, etc. Any hints?:lol:

Deb, to get to your signature, you can go to the User Control Panel, also called User CP. Two ways to get there (that I know of): 1) The blue row of links underneath all the smiling faces at the top of the page - the first one says User CP. 2) The drop-down menu at the bottom of the thread, which can link you to every forum this site has - at the top of that list is User Control Panel. It's located below the Quick Reply, and is labeled as "Forum Jump".

Once you get to User CP, you'll see Edit Signature down the left side, I think maybe 6 or 7 links down.

Hope this helps! :tongue2:

Edited by jmegirl

As most of you have read, I've scheduled my first fill for December 5th, which is 4 weeks post-op. I've been told this probably wasn't the wisest of ideas because at that time I could still be swollen, so what fill he gives me may go away once the swelling is completely gone at 6 weeks. Well, no turning back now, since flights are booked.

I just read that flights in 2009 are going up soon, especially Delta since they're merging with Northwest. Delta is usually the airline with the cheapest flights from Raleigh to Denver, so this is bad!

I read that if you're planning travel in January or early February that you should go ahead and book your flights. I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions as to when I should get my second fill, if my first fill is Dec 5th? If you think I should just bite the bullet and wait to see how I feel, tell me that also! I tend to be a planner, and when things aren't in my control I kinda fly off the handle. So I would really like to book flights now and make the appoitment with Dr. K, but I'd like to know someone else's opinion. :tongue2:

As most of you have read, I've scheduled my first fill for December 5th, which is 4 weeks post-op. I've been told this probably wasn't the wisest of ideas because at that time I could still be swollen, so what fill he gives me may go away once the swelling is completely gone at 6 weeks. Well, no turning back now, since flights are booked.

I just read that flights in 2009 are going up soon, especially Delta since they're merging with Northwest. Delta is usually the airline with the cheapest flights from Raleigh to Denver, so this is bad!

I read that if you're planning travel in January or early February that you should go ahead and book your flights. I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions as to when I should get my second fill, if my first fill is Dec 5th? If you think I should just bite the bullet and wait to see how I feel, tell me that also! I tend to be a planner, and when things aren't in my control I kinda fly off the handle. So I would really like to book flights now and make the appoitment with Dr. K, but I'd like to know someone else's opinion. :tongue2:

Well, I got my first fill a little more than 4 weeks after surgery, and my second was 4 weeks after that. Personally,, I would go ahead and book it.

Weight goals thus far:

Adorkable: 20:biggrin:

Bella: 25:biggrin:

Deboregon: 15:biggrin:

Denvergirl: 12:biggrin:

Jmegirl: 20:biggrin:

Lotza: 10:biggrin:

Magaines: 10:biggrin:

Mini: 10:biggrin:

PrtyAntOvr: 25:biggrin:

Tally: 13:biggrin:

Let me know if I've missed anyone or if you'd still like to sign up!

Edited by minidriver
Adding mim, my lapband twin!

Deb, to get to your signature, you can go to the User Control Panel, also called User CP. Two ways to get there (that I know of): 1) The blue row of links underneath all the smiling faces at the top of the page - the first one says User CP. 2) The drop-down menu at the bottom of the thread, which can link you to every forum this site has - at the top of that list is User Control Panel. It's located below the Quick Reply, and is labeled as "Forum Jump".

Once you get to User CP, you'll see Edit Signature down the left side, I think maybe 6 or 7 links down.

Hope this helps! :tongue2:

Jamie: thanks; that helped. I just hate it when stuff gets changed (as you might deduce, I am computer illiterate!)

I read that if you're planning travel in January or early February that you should go ahead and book your flights. I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions as to when I should get my second fill, if my first fill is Dec 5th? If you think I should just bite the bullet and wait to see how I feel, tell me that also! I tend to be a planner, and when things aren't in my control I kinda fly off the handle. So I would really like to book flights now and make the appoitment with Dr. K, but I'd like to know someone else's opinion. :lol:

I got my fill 4-5 weeks after surgery in September. I haven't had another one and don't plan to until maybe spring. If I were you, I would probably wait as your first fill might do it. However, it seems that I am a little diff from others on here, except for maybe Dee, who i believe had only had one fill until last week. But you will have to decide. I don't know whether saving on 2009 prices will be worth getting a fill too soon?:tt2:

Jamie: thanks; that helped. I just hate it when stuff gets changed (as you might deduce, I am computer illiterate!)

I got my fill 4-5 weeks after surgery in September. I haven't had another one and don't plan to until maybe spring. If I were you, I would probably wait as your first fill might do it. However, it seems that I am a little diff from others on here, except for maybe Dee, who i believe had only had one fill until last week. But you will have to decide. I don't know whether saving on 2009 prices will be worth getting a fill too soon?:tongue2:

Well, that's a good point. I had basically NO restriction after my first fill (other than some swelling for the first few weeks), and very little after my second, but I guess it would be hard to know that until you've had your fill! I'm kind of glad I found somebody here to do my fills. As much as I love Dr. K., if I had had to go to Denver for every fill it would be way too time consuming and I would have had to do so much planning in advance.

Weight goals thus far:

Adorkable: 20:biggrin:

Bella: 25:biggrin:

Deboregon: 15:biggrin:

Denvergirl: 12:biggrin:

Jmegirl: 20:biggrin:

Lotza: 10:biggrin:

Mini: 10:biggrin:

PrtyAntOvr: 25:biggrin:

Tally: 13:biggrin:

Let me know if I've missed anyone or if you'd still like to sign up!

Please add me to your list, with -10lbs. I haven't done very well over the last 2 weeks, only 1 lb.:tongue2:

Thanks! Mim

I have freaking restriction still from my fill on Wednesday. WTH? He only put a small bit back in and now it is choosing to stay in?? I am so confused. Left Dr a message. Maybe I should just wait for a dye fuoroscopy to confirm the leak before replacing the port?

I have freaking restriction still from my fill on Wednesday. WTH? He only put a small bit back in and now it is choosing to stay in?? I am so confused. Left Dr a message. Maybe I should just wait for a dye fuoroscopy to confirm the leak before replacing the port?

Do you think it may just be swelling from the fill/unfill?