Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Jaime

Thank you for the recipe for the Protein Bars. I just tried one, it is great! I used the beneprotein (no flavor) and added a few raisins and walnuts. I was wondering what to do with the beneprotein, it has a smell that I can't get past when I mix it with liquids.< /span>

Mim

YAY I'm glad you enjoyed it! That's the good thing about recipes - you can mix and match and make your own creation. :drool:

Oh, they make low carb ketchup now and it's actually good! Aside from the obvious not-as-sweet flavor (which isn't a bad thing), I can't tell a difference! :drool:

That settles it, I'm having scrambled eggs for dinner. Oooooh, and I'm gonna throw in some chopped peppers and onions just for flavor. And cheese! I'm on mushies, so I promise to chew chew chew those veggies. Or should I skip them and give my tummy a break?

GOSH I can't wait to be on solids - I want a big leafy green salad like you wouldn't believe!

I haven't tried the Low Carb Ketsup, I should! I love it on everything! I usually gross people out! I think if you could chopped your veggies in a Magic Bullet or a blender, they should be okay. You know like a really fine chopped salsa? Or just chew really really really well. When I was banded, I missed salads too! I really enjoy them now!

Oh my, I just realized how far away NY is from CO! Duh. How are you going to handle that? My mom had crazy empty-nest syndrome when I moved into my dorm at NC State, and I was only a 20mins drive from home! You poor thing!

Food Network is fabulous. I just love watching Rachael Ray and Paula Dean. Paula's southern accent just gives me the giggles. And I swear, it's like almost everything she makes is deep-fried! :tt1: The other night she made these sweet potato balls, with a marshmallow center and covered in shredded coconut. :w00t: Now, I'm on mushies and I could definitely eat that - but in all honesty, I've not been craving sweets at all since being banded. Even ice cream and sherbert, which would go down easily, just aren't appealing to me. This band is a miracle worker! :tt1:

I'm going to die! I am so close to my daughter! Her and I are buddies and have always been extremely close. She's an only child and I've been her Mother, her pal and her playmate since she was very young! She's very respectful of our relationship and has never crossed the line. I'm going to miss her like crazy!

I love Paula and Giada! Actually Giada was my same sex crush last year! She's just adorable and I love the food she makes! I've done several of her recipes repeatedly. They are simple and really good!

Paula has a Low Fat, Low Carb cheesecake that is so good! I make it every year for Christmas because my ex was pre-diabetic.

Jaime

Thank you for the recipe for the Protein bars. I just tried one, it is great! I used the beneprotein (no flavor) and added a few raisins and walnuts. I was wondering what to do with the beneprotein, it has a smell that I can't get past when I mix it with liquids.

Mim

I have some beneprotein too, but I've been afraid to try it! My friend gave it to me. She was at the pharmacy at Dr. K's building and they sold it to her for 50% off because it was about 60 days to expiration! Wow! Now I think it's expired and I didn't use it!

Okay, here are our first week's weight in results, except for Deb.

Adorkable: 20/wk1:-4:rolleyes:

Bella: 25/wk1: -5:rolleyes:

Brandy: 10/wk1: -1:rolleyes:

Deboregon: 15biggrin.gif

Denvergirl: 12/wk1: -0:rolleyes:

Jmegirl: 20/wk1: -0:rolleyes:

Kayleighsmommy: 15/wk1: -5:rolleyes:

Lotza: 10/wk1: -3:rolleyes:

Magaines: 10/wk1: -.3:rolleyes:

Mini: 10/wk1: -1.9:rolleyes:

PrtyAntOvr: 25/wk1: -4:rolleyes:

Tally: 13/wk1: -4:rolleyes:

Good job ladies!!

Edited by minidriver
poor grammer.

Just a quick update on my possible leak. Like I mentioned to Tally... on Tuesday I went in and Dr Monash was able to pull out pretty much the entire 6cc's. Any loss was immeasurable. I was pretty excited to hear that. :w00t:

Yeah!! I am so happy to hear that. I know you are very relieved :)

On a sad note, my husband got fired yesterday. They said it was work performance, but that is BS. :drool: I know it is because of his accident on the job. We are talking to a personal injury lawyer on Tuesday... and he wants us to talk to his colleague that handles employment law. I don't think there is anything we can do since AZ is a right to work state, but I am just so pissed about getting totally blindsided like that, we are going to meet with him. :w00t: :tt1:

Happy Holidays, you're fired. Assholes. :tt1: :cursing:

We can't make our mortgage without hubby working, so please keep us in your thoughts that he will find something quick! With the economy the way it is, I am a bit freaked about him rebounding quickly.

I am so sorry that your husband has lost his job. What a crappy time of year too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys and hope that he will find something. Hang in there.

Dee, you are having a red letter week! I am so excited about your daughter getting in to CIA and I am thrilled that you got the research job!! That's fabulous! I figured after this long that you probably didn't get it. You must be so excited. And how proud you must be of your daughter. Whoohoo!!!

I know! Can you believe it? I interviewed for the job 8 weeks ago. I interviewed twice with the management and the staff. They were supposed to make the official offer over a week ago, but things go messed up. I knew for certain I hadn't gotten the job. I had already resigned myself to just staying at Parker's NICU.

After my money getting stolen yesterday, I was thrilled getting good news! AND then my daughter getting accepted to the CIA! I was thrilled! She has dyslexia and has really struggled with finding her passion. It's been hard to do well in traditional school. She has a gpa of 3.9 and has worked hard to maintain that! Her father wasn't thrilled with her choice of careers, but I am. It's wonderful to see how happy she is now! :drool:

edit: BTW, there is nothing wrong with Parker's NICU! I love it there! I will miss those peeps a lot! But I've realized after 20 years in nursing that there are a lot of other areas and a lot of other experiences I can have! I've ready to enjoy my career in a different area now!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Thanks Mini!

Where is our Deb!!??? DEB!! Where for art thou?

I have some beneprotein too, but I've been afraid to try it! My friend gave it to me. She was at the pharmacy at Dr. K's building and they sold it to her for 50% off because it was about 60 days to expiration! Wow! Now I think it's expired and I didn't use it!

I had bought it at the pharmacy too, I also got the single packets from ebay thinking it would be nice to carry with me (so I have a bunch). But like I said I just couldn't get over the smell when I tried to drink it, now I have a use for it. :drool:

I plan on going to the next RR, I will bring some along so you girls can try it, before you buy it.

Mim

I've been having all kinds of trouble with the site. I'm not getting my email alerts when there are new posts, and a lot of the time I can't even get on!

Same here, it is so frustating.

Adork,

That sucks about your hubby. I'm so sorry! Hope he finds something else that he likes even better.

Dee,

Congrats on your new job! Awesome! And yeah to your daughter for getting into such a great culinary school. How wonderful for her.

I also got a new job today, PRN Saturdays at TMCA doing pre-op and PACU, which is just what I wanted! This will replace my other weekend job at DG.

I just had a major sliming/PB episode here in my office. I couldn't even answer my phone. YUCK! And it was just chili, which usually goes down just fine. Oh well, thank heavens that passed without anybody banging on my door for some reason. How embarassing!

Adork,

That sucks about your hubby. I'm so sorry! Hope he finds something else that he likes even better.

Dee,

Congrats on your new job! Awesome! And yeah to your daughter for getting into such a great culinary school. How wonderful for her.

I also got a new job today, PRN Saturdays at TMCA doing pre-op and PACU, which is just what I wanted! This will replace my other weekend job at DG.

I just had a major sliming/PB episode here in my office. I couldn't even answer my phone. YUCK! And it was just chili, which usually goes down just fine. Oh well, thank heavens that passed without anybody banging on my door for some reason. How embarassing!

Congrats on your new job too! That's great!

Sorry about the yuckiness episode in your office.

Everyone has such wonderful things going on!! Dee thanks for being such a sweetie, you are always so thoughtful with words. I am so excited for you and your new job!!! YEAH! And your daughter getting accepted to CIA... WOW, awesome. You must be such a proud mama squirrel right now! =)

In completely non-food related news - I can't stop burping!!!! Am I drinking too fast? The burping doesn't actually bother me, it's just annoying. I'm drinking Crystal Light, but that can't be the culprit. What's up - any ideas??? I had thought it was bad to burp during the first few weeks, because of healing and all that jazz. :drool:
Girl I have been burping like crazy now since I have the band. Don't think it will go away. When the food drops down, the air has to come up from below. I think it is the nature of the band. :w00t:

How exciting!! Congrats on the new job!!!! Yeah! sorry bout your sliming PB episode. That sucks!

Since I am pretty new to this restriction game... I have a PB question. Last Wednesday when I was too tight I tried eating a bit of chili. I had a few small bites and it just sat and sat and sat. I was sliming and had a lot of chest pressure. It didn't feel like it would come up, but it wouldn't go down. After an hour of painful chest pressure I finally went to the bathroom and assisted in it coming back up.

I felt instant relief! I am certain it wouldn't have gone down on it's own, but I think because it was chewed to a liquified state, it didn't seem to want to come up either.

Is that normal? This isn't what people mean by PB is it? I didn't burp and then wham. It was kinda more like I gagged, coughed, and wham. :drool:

Since I am pretty new to this restriction game... I have a PB question. Last Wednesday when I was too tight I tried eating a bit of chili. I had a few small bites and it just sat and sat and sat. I was sliming and had a lot of chest pressure. It didn't feel like it would come up, but it wouldn't go down. After an hour of painful chest pressure I finally went to the bathroom and assisted in it coming back up.

I felt instant relief! I am certain it wouldn't have gone down on it's own, but I think because it was chewed to a liquified state, it didn't seem to want to come up either.

Is that normal? This isn't what people mean by PB is it? I didn't burp and then wham. It was kinda more like I gagged, coughed, and wham. :drool:

that's kinda' what has happened to me both times. I haven't ever really slimed, and nothing comes up on it's own. I just have to get it out cuz it won't move and it hurts.

Is that normal? This isn't what people mean by PB is it? I didn't burp and then wham. It was kinda more like I gagged, coughed, and wham. :w00t:

that's kinda' what has happened to me both times. I haven't ever really slimed, and nothing comes up on it's own. I just have to get it out cuz it won't move and it hurts.

Oh, I have so many wonderful things to look forward to! :drool:

:tt1: