Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ha ha Jaime.

Well at least I am not alone in that. Thanks for the feedback Mini. I feel so awful after it happened. Like I was doing something bad/wrong. But it had to come up, I was so miserable. Thankfully I am not that tight anymore, nor do I ever want to be!

Ha ha Jaime.

Well at least I am not alone in that. Thanks for the feedback Mini. I feel so awful after it happened. Like I was doing something bad/wrong. But it had to come up, I was so miserable. Thankfully I am not that tight anymore, nor do I ever want to be!

Yeah, getting stuck on chili would be awful! I know what you mean about feeling you did something bad, but you can't just let it sit there. It hurts!

Hey, guys, sorry haven't been writing lately. Have been reading posts, though. Been in a funk....my own fault. Mini, put me down for even....sigh....gotta quit the wine

Hey, guys, sorry haven't been writing lately. Have been reading posts, though. Been in a funk....my own fault. Mini, put me down for even....sigh....gotta quit the wine

It's okay. Next week will be better. Damned wine. It's so hard to keep away from it. I just try to stick with my nightly vodka drink. It's better for my blood sugar anyway.

Wine? Vodka? Now I know why I love you guys - this is the partying group!!!!!

I am STILL sore from my little office episode today. OMG it was so disgusting. I told my daughter and she cracked up laughing.

I was banded by Dr. K on Wednesday (3 days ago) I have to tell you I had an excellent experience! Dr. K was so easy to talk with and the nurses and staff were equally pleasant. I traveled over 1000 miles to be banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum and I am so glad that I did!!!

Does Dr. K always place empty bands, or is it possible he placed my band already partially filled? I have this restriction thing going on that I totally didn't expect. I'm not complaining though, just curious.

I suppose I could call them on Monday and ask if no one has any firsthand knowledge.

I was banded by Dr. K on Wednesday (3 days ago) I have to tell you I had an excellent experience! Dr. K was so easy to talk with and the nurses and staff were equally pleasant. I traveled over 1000 miles to be banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum and I am so glad that I did!!!

Yay! Welcome to the Loser's Bench Allyson!!! :smile2:

Welcome Ally and congratulations!

Jme, Dr. k told me he does not prefill the band

Welcome Allyson!!

Jaime, the restriction you're feeling is most likely the result of swelling. I had that same thing . . . it was great!!

Does Dr. K always place empty bands, or is it possible he placed my band already partially filled? I have this restriction thing going on that I totally didn't expect. I'm not complaining though, just curious.

I suppose I could call them on Monday and ask if no one has any firsthand knowledge.

Jaime it is probably still from swelling. Some people also feel some restriction from just the band alone. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who will be able to go without a fill for awhile!

Jaime it is probably still from swelling. Some people also feel some restriction from just the band alone. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who will be able to go without a fill for awhile!

Maybe so! But the problem is, I've already booked flights and scheduled my fill for December 5th, hahaha. I guess when it gets closer, if I don't need the fill, then I'll pay the $100 to change my flights to a different day.

Reading these last few posts I wanted to mention that there is a slight chance that you do have some saline still left in your band. Dr. K does test it and fill it full before he removes it all and there have been a few people that were banded around the same time as me that had some of that Fluid still inside the band when they went back for a fill. It isn't the intention but it has happened. You'll know when you do go for a fill. As soon as he puts the needle in, any fluid that is in there will come out into the needle and you'll be able to see it.

Since I am pretty new to this restriction game... I have a PB question. Last Wednesday when I was too tight I tried eating a bit of chili. I had a few small bites and it just sat and sat and sat. I was sliming and had a lot of chest pressure. It didn't feel like it would come up, but it wouldn't go down. After an hour of painful chest pressure I finally went to the bathroom and assisted in it coming back up.

I felt instant relief! I am certain it wouldn't have gone down on it's own, but I think because it was chewed to a liquified state, it didn't seem to want to come up either.

Is that normal? This isn't what people mean by PB is it? I didn't burp and then wham. It was kinda more like I gagged, coughed, and wham. :)

I'm glad you're asking about this because I haven't experienced the PB thing yet either... I did have an episode where something was stuck and someone who had the band placed a while back told me to get Papaya tabs and keep on hand. I chewed three of those and it went through within 30 minutes no problem. I haven't had an episode since but I do keep those tabs on hand.

OK ladies, I'm sitting here literally ROLLING on the floor laughing. I can't stop giggling. My eyes are watering, my nose is running - I'm seriously LMFAO. Must share.

I was reading one of the November bandsters threads, and someone posted about their experience getting the band this past week. Here's part of their response: I ended up spending the nite and glad I did. Dr Singh found a high anal hernia during surgery. He was able to repair it.

I'm wondering - how did your doctor get to your anus through your stomach?? Are you sure your band is in the right spot??? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::w00t::w00t::w00t::laugh::laugh::laugh: