Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good morning!

Okay, I bought the instant Steel Oats?? They took about 5 minutes in the microwave, added a tiny bit of brown sugar splenda and thought I had walnuts, but not, so I added some sunflower seeds. I Like it! 27g of Carbs? SUPER filling, I hope it will keep me fuller longer...

Dee~Your daughter's dinner sounds yummy. How thoughtful of her.

Brandy~Thanks for all the info on the MC stuff! How are you feeling with that slight unfill? any problems? I hope that was the solution.

Woofay~How are you liking your wii fit? I sure don't use mine like I should. I thought I wold start this couch to 5k training program and on the off days do my wii fit, so far it's not happening. Did you figure out how we can workout together? I don't think we can?? let me know if you figure it out.

Shelbie~You are doing awesome! Send me some discipline. Tell me about this Greek yogurt...

Lap~I'm thinking about ya'!

Hey Munchkin~

I am doing much better...Thanks!! I am getting aggrivated with not losing anything this past month, but am going in for a fill on Thursday, so hopefully that will help. I wanted to lose 10 by the 20th, but that aint happening at all. GRRRR!!!

Anything new with DAVE?!?

I am doing fine with the unfill...eating to much though. And the scale has STOPPED!! Which I just want to scream!!!! I only have 20 pounds, 20 pounds!!!! Not movin though!

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey Munchkin~

I am doing much better...Thanks!! I am getting aggrivated with not losing anything this past month, but am going in for a fill on Thursday, so hopefully that will help. I wanted to lose 10 by the 20th, but that aint happening at all. GRRRR!!!

Anything new with DAVE?!?

Brandy,

I know your aggravation. I lost that 4 pounds after my fill last week, but my blood pressure has been a little high so I started taking my metoprololol again Friday night, and guess what? By yesterday I had gained FIVE pounds!! And I had eaten really well over the weekend, so I know it is probably from the medication! What the *#@*????? No more metoprolol for me!! I had always suspected it played a large part in the weight I had gained because when I started taking it coincided with when I started gaining weight, but now it is confirmed!

Well, I am glad you are feeling better even if you haven't lost. At least you are not gaining, right? :biggrin:

Nothing new with Dave, but a lurker on this thread PM'd me last week and told me she was really excited to see a Dave fan on a non-Dave forum. I told her you were a Dave fan too! She said she was going to see him in Atlanta this week. Lucky girl!!

Good morning!

Okay, I bought the instant Steel Oats?? They took about 5 minutes in the microwave, added a tiny bit of brown sugar splenda and thought I had walnuts, but not, so I added some sunflower seeds. I Like it! 27g of Carbs? SUPER filling, I hope it will keep me fuller longer...

Dee~Your daughter's dinner sounds yummy. How thoughtful of her.

Brandy~Thanks for all the info on the MC stuff! How are you feeling with that slight unfill? any problems? I hope that was the solution.

Woofay~How are you liking your wii fit? I sure don't use mine like I should. I thought I wold start this couch to 5k training program and on the off days do my wii fit, so far it's not happening. Did you figure out how we can workout together? I don't think we can?? let me know if you figure it out.

Shelbie~You are doing awesome! Send me some discipline. Tell me about this Greek yogurt...

Lap~I'm thinking about ya'!

Mal -- I love the weight comparison chart! Too funny, especially when I saw that when I make my goal I will have lost the same amount as the amount of red meat that an American eats in one year -- and I just happen to have sworn off red meat this week. Coincidence??:thumbup:

I LOVE me some Greek yogurt. Here's a link to my favorite Stonyfield Yogurt - Greek Yogurt

it has 22 g of Protein and no fat per serving in the plain yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker and richer. I buy plain and mix in a little SF instant pudding for a treat. The only store around here (in BFE :biggrin:) where I can find it is Walmart, but you've got access to everything there, so you can probably find it easily. I read that they've got blueberry flavor now! Yum!

Brandy & Mal~ Hi! My summer has been nuts! We have had so many immunizations...including me! I had my first chicken pox vaccine! Eeeek! And my lil Dilly has had a ton too, getting him ready for kindergarten. He has more on the 29th and the rest of us get our second chicken pox on the 26th of August. Plus my gyno stuff going on... and trying to get them into the dentist with our insurance change and then I freaken turned 40, had a fill in Denver, Wes has baseball 2 times a week, my hubby once a week....OMG! Then I'm sorta redoing part of the house and redoing the kids rooms and visiting goodwill every chance I get to unload some of this stuff...My inlaws were here for 3 weeks and my sister inlaw will be here on the 10th......:biggrin::eek::thumbup::eek::):eek::eek:

Wow...how many weeks in a summer? I have my first back-to-work meeting Aug. 11....its going way too fast and way too busy!

But...its has been great! And thanks for asking. I can't wait to go back to work so I can have a break!:eek:

Anyone else feel like this???? :confused2:

Can't wait to touch base with you all at RR and the BBQ....:biggrin2:

With all this activity, I can see why you need to go to work to rest!! Hang in there, Woofay!

Great Shelbi!

I think I might have some tuna tomorrow! That sounds good!

Well, I came home and my daughter had cooked this great meal. I was hungry even though I had no intention of eating, I had 1/4 cup of whole grain angel hair Pasta and 2oz of chicken breast and a few grape tomatoes. She's so thoughtful. My fats stayed down, I didn't eat Red meat and I ate my oats.

I actually love my oats!

I'm proud of us Shelbi! You're a good egg! Don't you love that Greek Yogurt? Yum!:biggrin:

What a great daughter you've got!! The last time I came home to a healthy , tastey meal was....um....let's see.....ah....NEVER. Yes, I love my Greek yogurt -- it is my treat to myself -- more pricey than regular yogurt, but healthier and worth it to me. I'm loving my oats, too!

Brandy,

I know your aggravation. I lost that 4 pounds after my fill last week, but my blood pressure has been a little high so I started taking my metoprololol again Friday night, and guess what? By yesterday I had gained FIVE pounds!! And I had eaten really well over the weekend, so I know it is probably from the medication! What the *#@*????? No more metoprolol for me!! I had always suspected it played a large part in the weight I had gained because when I started taking it coincided with when I started gaining weight, but now it is confirmed!

Well, I am glad you are feeling better even if you haven't lost. At least you are not gaining, right? :biggrin:

Nothing new with Dave, but a lurker on this thread PM'd me last week and told me she was really excited to see a Dave fan on a non-Dave forum. I told her you were a Dave fan too! She said she was going to see him in Atlanta this week. Lucky girl!!

Boo hiss to the metoprolol! Have they started you on something else??

Green~

I can totally relate to you!! I have been up and down the same 2 pounds for the past month. I was unfilled and can eat more, but not that much more...I go in on Thursday for another fill. THANK GOD!

I am trying to hop back on as well...went to the gym and did cardio for 120 min, have been drinking, and even as we speak, I am drinking a Crystal light/protein shot combo.

I think that my honeymoon phase is over and that I am going to have to bust tail to get these last 20 -25 pounds off.

***SIGH***

Brandy! Yowza! 120 minutes of cardio! You are my hero -- that's amazing, woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To really bring out the nutty taste of the irish oats, I like to spray the pot with butter flavored pam and roast them until they're nutty brown before I start cooking them. I just love the texture of them.

Woof - wow, you do need to go back to work. House guests for 3 weeks? I would have moved out or something.

I must try the Greek yogurt, that sounds so good. I love dairy.

Man, my abdomen is swollen. I look even rounder than I did before surgery. I'll be glad when it deflates a bit.

Hello Shesha. Pleased to meet you! And congratulations on baby Owen!

Mal, that list is tooooo funny. I need to lose the world's largest ball of tape!!! Or sh*t a gold brick!! Or have a cow (well, a calf)!

You can cook your steel cut oats either in a crockpot or on the stove. They take awhile to cook, so I used to cook up a weeks worth at a time and just keep the rest in the refrigerator and heat up the amount I wanted each day. I'm not a huge fan of sugar (sorry! Nobody throw anything at me!) so I usually just made my plain and then added some fruit. There is so much Fiber in them than the carbs are basically zero.

Shelbi - good job today for you as well!

Night night lap band ladies.

Hi Mini -- I just got back from the cardiologist appt with hubs (BTW -- he's doing well and doesn't have to go for another re-chcek for 6 months) we parked beside a green mini cooper and I said to hubs, "Hey, that car's like Mini's" and he said "No, that car IS a mini" and I was all "I know that, but it's like my friend Mini's mini." and he was all "Who?" and I had to explain you to him. It's so funny -- you banditos are so real to me that I forget that you're not with me in person, all the time, and don't know the same people I know! Wierd how the mighty internet changes your perspective on friendship -- all of you here have become such a big part of my life.

Hope you're feeling good today!

Hi Mini -- I just got back from the cardiologist appt with hubs (BTW -- he's doing well and doesn't have to go for another re-chcek for 6 months) we parked beside a green mini cooper and I said to hubs, "Hey, that car's like Mini's" and he said "No, that car IS a mini" and I was all "I know that, but it's like my friend Mini's mini." and he was all "Who?" and I had to explain you to him. It's so funny -- you banditos are so real to me that I forget that you're not with me in person, all the time, and don't know the same people I know! Wierd how the mighty internet changes your perspective on friendship -- all of you here have become such a big part of my life.

Hope you're feeling good today!

That's so funny. I know what you mean. I talk about you guys all the time. Yes, the internet has definitely changed how we live our lives. I can't figure out quite how I functioned without it.

Yay about your hubby. That's fabulous news.

If I remember, I'll post pics of my MINI. She's a cutie.

Hi, everyone. Welcome back to those who have been away and Hi to you as I haven't met you before.

Mini: how was it going back to work? R u feeling better with each day? How much walking are you getting in?

(Can you tell i am already getting nervous about my surgery:ohmy:)

Dee: the oats thing is for cholesterol probs, right? Not banding as such?

I thought maybe i missed something .

Brandy: Nice supplement on the testosterone!! I missed that day in lapband class:lol:

May I get some suggestions on the type of scales to buy to keep track of weight loss to the 1/2 lb? Thanks.