Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

So, I have only lost half a pound in the past three weeks. I'm really struggling to get back on the bandwagon. I've upped the exercise, the Water, tracking my food, etc. Getting a little frustrating.

My hubby & I are going on vacation at the end of the week. It'll be a struggle to eat healthy then but I am going to do it. I am going to use the hotel gym and there will be lots of walking.

When we get back, I'm going in to see my fill doc (on the 18th). I don't know if I'll get another fill or not. We shall see. It'll be two months since my last one and looking back, my weight loss has definitely slowed down considerably. But I'm all in my head and trying to figure out if it's me or the band. Probably not all one or the other. But I'm being 100% honest with myself. My brain keeps saying "he said I should not need another fill for 3 months" but then it also says "he also said I could come back anytime." Maybe I need a fill, maybe I don't, but we are all different, right? I'm all mixed up in my head about this.

I like the "diet" list. Here's mine:

Weight Watchers (multiple times)

Metabolife

Dexatrim

Cabbage Soup Diet

Cleveland Clinic Hot Dog Diet

South Beach

Slim Fast

Jorge Cruise's 3-Hour Diet

Deal-a-Meal

Protein Power

Atkins

Juice Fast

Grapefruit Diet

Blood Type Diet

The Zone

Exhibiting bulimic behavior (Not a diet, obviously, but I was doing it to lose weight. Not very good at it though, thankfully.)

I hope everyone is hanging in there...welcome to all the newbies!

Yup Brandy,

The problems seems worse for me today. I found sometimes just hiting the back browser will work and sometimes it won't.

Nothing is worse than writing a nice long thoughtful post and then you get logged off! That has happened twice to me in the past few days!

Green~

I can totally relate to you!! I have been up and down the same 2 pounds for the past month. I was unfilled and can eat more, but not that much more...I go in on Thursday for another fill. THANK GOD!

I am trying to hop back on as well...went to the gym and did cardio for 120 min, have been drinking, and even as we speak, I am drinking a Crystal light/protein shot combo.

I think that my honeymoon phase is over and that I am going to have to bust tail to get these last 20 -25 pounds off.

***SIGH***

Green~

I can totally relate to you!! I have been up and down the same 2 pounds for the past month. I was unfilled and can eat more, but not that much more...I go in on Thursday for another fill. THANK GOD!

I am trying to hop back on as well...went to the gym and did cardio for 120 min, have been drinking, and even as we speak, I am drinking a Crystal light/protein shot combo.

Hiya Brandy! You have done so wonderfully so far, I am proud of you! I am wondering if the next 50 pounds will just be a bigger struggle. Who knows? I have heard that the last 25 or so is usually difficult but I expected to keep on keepin' on pretty well for awhile.

It's so easy for me to get caught up in playing head games with myself -- I'm stubborn, I shouldn't need another fill, I should be perfect with my eating & exercising and that should be enough. And yet, the fact that I can get a fill if I'm eating too much & not losing weight is part of the whole reason for being banded. How dumb is that? I am very closely watching my carbs lately. Get this, I made a ham & cheese rollup (1 slice lean ham, 1 slice low-fat swiss, mustard & lettuce) for lunch and grabbed a few whole wheat crackers to take too. Somehow the crackers did not make it into my bag. I think my subconcious was on to me!

I am lucky that my fills are $150. I see that AdorKable's are over $200. Ouch. Some of the local docs wanted to charge absolutely outrageous amounts for fills, I couldn't believe it. I actually laughed at one of the office managers who told me something like $1500. I said, "Oh, is that for the first year, first x number of fills?" and she said, "No, that's for one fill." Yeah riiiight! Too bad I can't just pop in to Dr. K's for a fill -- I wish I could see you all at the BBQ -- but I just can't swing the plane ticket.

Congrats on everyone's successes -- it inspires me to keep going because I know I can do it. We can all do it together! And I adore this thread, although it's just not possible for me to keep up with it & I feel like I'm missing so much fun stuff.

Hiya Brandy! You have done so wonderfully so far, I am proud of you! I am wondering if the next 50 pounds will just be a bigger struggle. Who knows? I have heard that the last 25 or so is usually difficult but I expected to keep on keepin' on pretty well for awhile.

It's so easy for me to get caught up in playing head games with myself -- I'm stubborn, I shouldn't need another fill, I should be perfect with my eating & exercising and that should be enough. And yet, the fact that I can get a fill if I'm eating too much & not losing weight is part of the whole reason for being banded. How dumb is that? I am very closely watching my carbs lately. Get this, I made a ham & cheese rollup (1 slice lean ham, 1 slice low-fat swiss, mustard & lettuce) for lunch and grabbed a few whole wheat crackers to take too. Somehow the crackers did not make it into my bag. I think my subconcious was on to me!

I am lucky that my fills are $150. I see that AdorKable's are over $200. Ouch. Some of the local docs wanted to charge absolutely outrageous amounts for fills, I couldn't believe it. I actually laughed at one of the office managers who told me something like $1500. I said, "Oh, is that for the first year, first x number of fills?" and she said, "No, that's for one fill." Yeah riiiight! Too bad I can't just pop in to Dr. K's for a fill -- I wish I could see you all at the BBQ -- but I just can't swing the plane ticket.

Congrats on everyone's successes -- it inspires me to keep going because I know I can do it. We can all do it together! And I adore this thread, although it's just not possible for me to keep up with it & I feel like I'm missing so much fun stuff.

Miss Greenie,

We are missing you here too! You contribute a lot to all of us on this site.

I know I was off track for about a month. I had fallen into old habits of not measuring my food and eating the wrong things at the wrong times. Last week, I decided, I better get back in line or I'll never get this weight off! I know we're not in a race, but I would love to get to goal by 2 years and just be on maintenance for the rest of my life.

This is not the easy way out and if we could just watch our intake, portions and exercise on our own without getting the needed fills, we wouldn't have needed the band in the first place.

Even if you can't hang out here much, return when you can so that we can support each other!

Take Care Dear, Bigs Hug,

dee~

That wrap sounded good.

I had 2 TBSP of peanut butter...something I have not had in at least 7-8 months. It was good!

Yes, the board is being freakin' weird.

Dee- thanks for putting up your ticker again! Look how close you are to 100 lbs! Fantabulous you!

I drank a whole Protein Shake this morning, "watered" down with skim milk. I feel like I ate a watermelon, but I know I need to get some nutrition into my body. My goal is to get down three a day for now. I'm sure I'm going to feel hungry eventually, but for right now the idea of food is just awful. Wow, and is that ever a weird state for me!!!

I drank a whole Protein Shake this morning, "watered" down with skim milk. I feel like I ate a watermelon, but I know I need to get some nutrition into my body. My goal is to get down three a day for now. I'm sure I'm going to feel hungry eventually, but for right now the idea of food is just awful. Wow, and is that ever a weird state for me!!!

Go you, Mini! I am so happy for you. I well remember that feeling -- I just had zero interest in eating at all. That lasted for about two weeks and I thought, oh wow, is this what it'll be like? Eating just because I know I need to and realizing that I feel weak if I don't? Having to fight to get in enough nutrition was a pretty daunting idea. But it did not last...week three hit and I was starving! It's quite the head trip. :tt1:

Dear friends, I have an embarrassing confession. I may never eat beef again. Every time I eat it...I get...ready for it...noxious gas. It's the only cause I can think of. I had beef twice this weekend and last night hubby was threatening to sleep on the sofa. I usually eat it once a week, not all that often, and it does not usually do this to me. But since being banded...it does. I do like a good hamburger or steak now and then. But I guess that may be out of the question. Unless we equip ourselves with gas masks...

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Go you, Mini! I am so happy for you. I well remember that feeling -- I just had zero interest in eating at all. That lasted for about two weeks and I thought, oh wow, is this what it'll be like? Eating just because I know I need to and realizing that I feel weak if I don't? Having to fight to get in enough nutrition was a pretty daunting idea. But it did not last...week three hit and I was starving! It's quite the head trip. :tt1:

Dear friends, I have an embarrassing confession. I may never eat beef again. Every time I eat it...I get...ready for it...noxious gas. It's the only cause I can think of. I had beef twice this weekend and last night hubby was threatening to sleep on the sofa. I usually eat it once a week, not all that often, and it does not usually do this to me. But since being banded...it does. I do like a good hamburger or steak now and then. But I guess that may be out of the question. Unless we equip ourselves with gas masks...

Oh no!! That's a bummer (no pun intended)! I do enjoy beef. I think gas masks may be worth it.

Yes, the board is being freakin' weird.

Dee- thanks for putting up your ticker again! Look how close you are to 100 lbs! Fantabulous you!

I know can you believe it Mini, I lost 12 lbs in 4 days! it was all Water weight I'm sure or atleast 7lbs of it. I chart on my calendar and from my lowest - I am 7lbs down.

I'm glad you're doing better! Remember when I ate that entire popsicle and I felt like I had eaten an entire Thanksgiving dinner?

Then another time, I drank half of a slim fast and I was stuffed!

Are you loving your band, yet?

That wrap sounded good.

I had 2 TBSP of peanut butter...something I have not had in at least 7-8 months. It was good!

I do crave a nice Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich!

Good point about the Niacin, Munchk. I'll stick with the exercise, no red meat and oats then re-test in 3 months. Surely, I can get everything in the normal range. (I know, your name's not Surely.:biggrin:)

Hey Sidann and Deb; good to hear fom ya!

Hee hee, you quoted one of my all time very favorite movies!! It doesn't matter how manner times I see that movie, it still makes me crack up!! It is sooooo unpolitically correct in todays times!:)

Go you, Mini! I am so happy for you. I well remember that feeling -- I just had zero interest in eating at all. That lasted for about two weeks and I thought, oh wow, is this what it'll be like? Eating just because I know I need to and realizing that I feel weak if I don't? Having to fight to get in enough nutrition was a pretty daunting idea. But it did not last...week three hit and I was starving! It's quite the head trip. :)

Green-

Steak specifically does this to me...my husband calls it my "special steak farts". Isn't that just so sweet of him??:biggrin:

I know I don't post here much, and I have been largely absent on LBT the past few weeks, but I'm trying to "come back" again because--gasp--my surgery is in 9 days! I just found out I'm getting banded the same day as lotzasunshine. I think it's kind of neat that I just found someone who's getting banded by Dr. K on the same day. Heh.

Anyway, I'm going through the "nervous" stage right now. I guess it's all fairly typicaly, right? I start my low carb diet tomorrow and I bought a bunch of high Protein, low carb food items today to keep in the office for my lunches.

So, um, hello again, everyone. :biggrin: *waves*

Well, the second day of striving to decrease my fat intake is almost over. I just ate my last meal for the day. If I'm hungry when I get home, I'll eat some cherries.

Anyway, my percentages came out fairly good.

Fat 33%

Carbs 27%

Protein 40%

I'd still like to get the fats down to 30%, but I think that was a good try! I had my steel cut oatmeal this morning, chicken breast for lunch with veggies and just had several pieces of turkey with green chilies. (i know, strange!) - and I rode my cycle this morning for 35mins.

Shelbi, how did you do with your first day of Oats/No Red/Moving your body?