Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi everybody. I'm not quite caught up on reading due to the weird things on the board. I'm home now . . . but it wasn't a good trip.

I woke up yesterday with a bit of a headache that just kept getting worse. When we were at the Denver airport I tried drinking a little bit of the Protein bullet with some juice and it made me feel a little nauseated, so I only had a few sips.

We got on the plane and the flight was really bumpy the entire way and my headache just got worse and worse. When we started our descent into SLC, I started retching. Didn't vomit anything up (cuz nothing in my tummy) but some pretty bad dry heaves.

This continued when we got home and I called Dr. K and he said it should be fine cuz the sutures are very strong right at the beginning. I tried to take another anti-nausea pill but it came right back up too. So, long story short, I ended up in the ER for most of the night getting IV fluids and meds. I'm home now and the headache is almost gone. I've kept down two cups of Water and a popsicle today, so that's good.

I don't know what the heck happened. I really don't think it had anything to do with being banded, but it was just a bad thing to have happen right after being banded. Crud.

awww, sorry to hear! I wonder if it had anything to do with altitude sickness? I hope you are feeling better!

Put me down for up 2 lbs this week :thumbup::thumbdown::frown:, did not weigh last week, too depressed.

I am going back to my banding Doc in mexico on the 14th to have a fill under floroscopy to check for leaks. I just dont seem to have ANY restriction anymore, can eat a whole resturant meal without feeling it. If there is a leak they can replace the tubing or the port there if needed. I really hope that it is ok, it will cost a fortune to have anything fixed if needed.

Welcome to all the new banditos!!!!!!

Thanks Sister Munchkin!

At this point, I'd be happy with a Morsel!

The hunks can hang out with you and the other Naughty Nurses!

I just fell in love with Hannah! She is so cute! She pretended she was the waitress and I ordered some Doritos. She said they didn't have doritos! I told her, "what kind of a resturant doesn't have doritos?" She smiled and said proudly, "Mine!"

Yep, Hannah's about as cute as they come. What a dolly baby.

Oh ironies of ironies . . . I just looked up the anti-nausea med I was taking and the most common side effect reported is HEADACHE!! I took my last one today at 4, so I'll be curious to see if the headache goes away tomorrow. I sure hope so.

Yes, dee looks fantabulous on the preop dinner pics, yes? Well, so do Mal and Brandy, but you can sure see a difference in dee!!!

Dee-you can have my hunk for sure, I think I am swearing off men forever after the whole husband ordeal!! :frown:

Must be the name Hannah-the one across the street is adorable and a little comedian also!

Mini-I was nauseous all the time after surgery, and after talking to Natalie extensively, we finally figured out it was probably the Protein drinks-she said they just make some people nauseous. I quit drinking them and was fine. (That is why I have so much Isopure left!) But I have always been a freak of nature and I am probably the exception to the rule! You may be right, it may have been a virus, it may have been residual effects of anesthesia. (I was really scared to have my lap band surgery because I was HORRIBLY nauseous from the anesthesia when I had my gallbladder out. I was nauseous for about a week afterwards.) So give it a few days and see if it gets better my dear!:thumbup:

Put me down for up 2 lbs this week :thumbup::thumbdown::frown:, did not weigh last week, too depressed.

I am going back to my banding Doc in mexico on the 14th to have a fill under floroscopy to check for leaks. I just dont seem to have ANY restriction anymore, can eat a whole resturant meal without feeling it. If there is a leak they can replace the tubing or the port there if needed. I really hope that it is ok, it will cost a fortune to have anything fixed if needed.

Welcome to all the new banditos!!!!!!

Bookholder!

I'm so sorry to hear about your problem! I hope that everything is fine! I know before my last fill, I felt the same way! I felt like I had absolutely no restriction and it happened just overnight.

But then after my fill, I was okay.

I hope there is nothing wrong with your band and you'll be fine.

Stay Strong and Hopeful!

AND please don't be too depressed to come here! We love you and we only want the best for you! You're part of us, Dear!

love,

dee~

PS- I've gained 1.5 lbs since surgery. I seem to recall some others of you having the same problem . . .

Mini, I gained 8 lbs after surgery! It was depressing! BUT then it all came off - your body is trying to heal itself.

Bookholder,

I second what Dee said. The same thing happened to me over the last few weeks. I had restriction one day, and then BAM! Overnight I had no restriction whatsoever. Why it happens that way is beyond me? But I got a fill Monday and I have been good to go ever since!

Good luck chickie!! We love ya!!:thumbup:

Mini-

They probably gave you a ton of IV fluids during surgery-you will diurese it out soon enough. No worries!

Yep, Hannah's about as cute as they come. What a dolly baby.

Oh ironies of ironies . . . I just looked up the anti-nausea med I was taking and the most common side effect reported is HEADACHE!! I took my last one today at 4, so I'll be curious to see if the headache goes away tomorrow. I sure hope so.

Yes, dee looks fantabulous on the preop dinner pics, yes? Well, so do Mal and Brandy, but you can sure see a difference in dee!!!

Thanks Mini!

That's nice of you to say!

You wouldn't believe this! This morning when I weighed I had lost 6.6 lbs, then I just weighed now and I've lost another 3 lbs!!!! I have been voiding all day! I ate absolutely NO sodium yesterday! These ankles are the worst! I can't imagine they held that much extra fluid!

I can't wait to see what I weigh in the morning! Just unbelieveable! I had to check my BP - just to make sure it wasn't going to bottom out on me!

So I thought this was pretty cool...

Last night, one of my nursing supervisors called me from home and dropped a huge bombshell on me. She said she was so impressed by how I was doing that she is going to have the lap band done...and she is going to have Dr.K do it!! Isn't that cool?? I am SO excited for her!!:thumbup:

So I thought this was pretty cool...

Last night, one of my nursing supervisors called me from home and dropped a huge bombshell on me. She said she was so impressed by how I was doing that she is going to have the lap band done...and she is going to have Dr.K do it!! Isn't that cool?? I am SO excited for her!!:thumbup:

Wow! That's great! I have two friends who are going to be banded by him too! They have been just waiting to see how I do!

Well, I think I'm going to try something now! I really want to hit the 100lbs mark by my 6-month bandiversary. Which is in 24 days! So I've noticed that my percentage of fat intake is still higher than it should be -- around 40-45% of total calories come from fat! ARGH! Carbs, I'm hitting about 20% and Protein about 40%. So I'm going to really watch my fat intake and cut it down to less than 30% If I give myself a specific time frame to do it, I think I can stick to the plan!

I hope! I think I can, I think I can! I hope I can!

I love www.fitday.com.

It really keeps me aware of what I'm putting in my pie hole! Or former pie hole!

munchkin - that's fab about your nursing supervisor! How cool!

dee - I'm so glad that some of that Water is coming off your ankles. That can't feel good at all. And I think your goal is wonderful .. . and doable!

munchkin - that's fab about your nursing supervisor! How cool!

dee - I'm so glad that some of that Water is coming off your ankles. That can't feel good at all. And I think your goal is wonderful .. . and doable!

thanks Mini!

I am going to give it all I've got! This would be such a boost for me! Can you imagine, I'll be 1/3 of the way to my goal! I need that boost!

And I've got to get rid of the Ranch Dressing like Woofay! The evil creamy tasty ranch dressing! It's just the devil! That and Doritos!