Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:yikes:ARRRGH!

Did you guys hear me screaming? I had a really really long post to respond to EVERYONE and I had to get up and answer the phone, when I came back the site had returned me to the HomePage! WHAT on earth? It's been acting up a lot lately! Is anyone else having problems with it?

So pardon me, but I'm going to go back and address each person individually! I'm bummed! Really Really bummed!:thumbup:

I'll be back later, don't go away!

After these messages.....

dee~

Edited by Tied2BFit
Because I can't spell!

Hey Mal (and LA and whoever is doing walk/run to 5K), Have you ever tried the Podrunner Intervals? There are free weekly downloads for first day to 5K. I haven't used them yet, but the music is supposed to change when you are to change from run to walk, walk to run,etc. Here's a link if you're interested. Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music from dj steve boyett Right now I'm just walking with hubs and not running at all -- his dr's goal for him is to walk 2 miles/day, 5 days week so that's where things are. I'm still doing Spin though and trying to spend about 15 minutes/day climbing my stairs (I know that sounds weird, but it's a cheap stair master and very available on my 12 hour work days!). My goal was to do a 5k this fall, but I think that may be a realistic goal for next fall. So, just now, I signed up to so a 1-mile Fun Run for Autism on Oct.11 in Raleigh. I think that's doable from where I am now. I'm hoping to run a mile with ease (ha ha) by my surgery anniversary 9/19.

Good morning peeps. My gas pain is almost gone. YAY! I feel pretty good today and am sooooo glad tht I decided not to go home yesterday. I think that extra day really helped.

I'm gonna try a few sips of nonclear liquids today and see how I do. So far no problem keeping my Clear Liquids down, so I hope that's a good sign. Must not vomit , must not must not.

Munchkin, I sent you a PM . . .

Hey Good Morning Sweet Mini-Lou!

The newest Bandito!

What time does your flight leave?

I miss you already!!

Don't go!!! Move here! Live with me! Be my forever Pal!!!

Hey Mal (and LA and whoever is doing walk/run to 5K), Have you ever tried the Podrunner Intervals? There are free weekly downloads for first day to 5K. I haven't used them yet, but the music is supposed to change when you are to change from run to walk, walk to run,etc. Here's a link if you're interested. Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music from dj steve boyett Right now I'm just walking with hubs and not running at all -- his dr's goal for him is to walk 2 miles/day, 5 days week so that's where things are. I'm still doing Spin though and trying to spend about 15 minutes/day climbing my stairs (I know that sounds weird, but it's a cheap stair master and very available on my 12 hour work days!). My goal was to do a 5k this fall, but I think that may be a realistic goal for next fall. So, just now, I signed up to so a 1-mile Fun Run for Autism on Oct.11 in Raleigh. I think that's doable from where I am now. I'm hoping to run a mile with ease (ha ha) by my surgery anniversary 9/19.

Thanks Shelbi!

I'm going to go there. My daughter gave me an I-Pod for Mother's day!

I'm getting kind of tired of my same old same old!

My goal is to walk in the Susan G Koman - walk for a cure for Breast Cancer - this October! I've always wanted to do!!!

Hey Good Morning Sweet Mini-Lou!

The newest Bandito!

What time does your flight leave?

I miss you already!!

Don't go!!! Move here! Live with me! Be my forever Pal!!!

Ahhh . . . you're so sweet. I'm not sure the fam would understand if I left home and moved ot Denver. Damn it!

Our flight is at 2:30 so we'll be home pretty early. Can't wait to see my pets. Oh, and my kids. :thumbup:

Thanks for all your help, miss dee. You've been awesome.

Mini: good to hear all is going as well as can be expected!! Sorry to hear about the gas, but I will now know to have lots of GasX.

Lap: What a thoughtful, well-written piece. The opening segment about dreams was particularly poignant. You obviously have been writing for quite some time, right? if not, i think an online writing group would be a good place for you. You are talented.

Nicole: good job on the loan. mine was a home equity loan so I can write it off my taxes next year!! Also, since we are self-pay, we should be able to write off all the medical costs on taxes next year!!

Well, guys, I told my parents today about the whole plan. They were so happy for me. In fact, they had talked three weeks ago about the idea and that they would PAY for me. Jesus, they are both on soc. sec. as their only income and they want to pay for me!!! I said no way would that have happened! but i think it shows how special my folks are...they both have been very supportive, never negative. I love them both so much and now they are as excited as I am!!:thumbup:

Deb!

Your parents are the sweetest! You're so lucky! Even if you won't allow them to pay for the surgery, you will have their support! AND that is worth millions! Many of us, don't have the support of our parents.

I'd just give them a BIG hug, if they were my folks!

dee~

It has taken me forever to get to the end of this thread today -- I keep getting kicked back to the forum home page! I finally in desperation started about page 10 and inched my way up here. I sent in a technical problem email under the Contact Us link. If I don't post for a few days, know it's because I just can't get access to the end of the thread. Do ya think that we've overloading the LBT bandwidth with a 381 page thread or something?? Ha! or , more likely, I've got a technical problem on this end. Whichever, I hope to be re-joining you soon!

Half-way Point of 10 Week Challenge Weigh In!!

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0+4.2lbsbiggrin.gif

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0-1.0-1.0biggrin.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs+1.0lbsbiggrin.gif

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0-2.0biggrin.gif

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5-1.0biggrin.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0-3.0-3.0:sneaky:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs-1.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0-1.0biggrin.gif

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs-3.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0+1.0-4.0biggrin.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0:laugh:

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0-4biggrin.gif

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0+0.0biggrin.gif

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs :eek:

Week Four Losses :thumbup:

Week Five Lossses biggrin.gif

Edited by Tied2BFit

It has taken me forever to get to the end of this thread today -- I keep getting kicked back to the forum home page! I finally in desperation started about page 10 and inched my way up here. I sent in a technical problem email under the Contact Us link. If I don't post for a few days, know it's because I just can't get access to the end of the thread. Do ya think that we've overloading the LBT bandwidth with a 381 page thread or something?? Ha! or , more likely, I've got a technical problem on this end. Whichever, I hope to be re-joining you soon!

Shelbi, YOU and I are having the same problems!!! I've been pulling my hair out!!! :thumbup:

Hey, guys! Long time, no post. Sorry.

I've been exceptionally bitchy lately and decided to finally make a gyno appointment. I've told a few of you about my TOM being so messed up. Well, it is now messed up to unbelievable proportions. Eeek! Like, only a few days of not having my tom this June. And I've had pms for about 6 weeks, awful crappy cravings...chocolate, too much food...you name it. Even mustard. (I'm not a mustard fan, but was eating tablespoons of it!) Cramps, short temper, depression...sheeez! The Gyno has now put me on the pill to hopefully fix the imbalance. The pill sucks and I haven't been on it since I was 25! (the reason I got the tubal with my second son) But this is his first step before a hysto. So, I'm up to try it. So, sorry I was MIA...I was out yelling at my kids and kicking puppies. (JUST KIDDING!:thumbup:)

I went and had a fill yesterday. I've been able to eat too much and haven't really lost that much weight lately. (asside from the Water weight and all the stooopid cravings!) I was in and out fast. Thought I was going to meet Tom (is that his name?) but had our wonderful Dr. K instead. It was good to see him and touch base with everything. He was pleased with my progress (his scales showed another 15lb loss since I had the unfill) and the only lecture I got was the "You need to start exercising". WA? Who me???:eek: He said I needed to go to the BBQ. He was pretty cute about it, so I'm sure I'll be there. Talked to Natalie too. It was good to see her also. Who all is going to make it to the BBQ? Did you all get a note in the mail about it? I won't make my weight loss goal for the event, but with all this female stuff going on, I guess I'm just glad I haven't packed on the pounds.

Congrats on the band, Mini!

Also congrats to all the newbies....its so neat to see more and more people winning the battle with their bodies!

Dee~ I've had huge issues with this site too! Leaves to that silly new page they made, instead of the forums. EEk!:mellow:

Happy 4th of July, All!:biggrin2:

I keep having the same problems! After the 3rd time of trying it finally let me on. I thought it was just my computer!

Yes, I love, love, love the Podrunner Intervals! except, the weeks were all mixed up when I put them on my ipod, so I actually did the first day of the 2nd week. I think it's okay since I had been practicaly doing the first week for about two months...LOL

You can do the mile run, I believe in you!

awww Woofay sorry to hear that TOM is being a pain in the arse! Sounds familiar though, I went through the same issues 2 years ago. The mustard craving must have something to do with the Iron loss??? I ended up having a hysterectomy, I feel so much better. Hang in there sister!

I can't make it to the BBQ, I am pretty bummed! It just so happens that we are in Keystone that weekend for a precision golf tournament.

Yes, this site has been giving us all trouble...annoying! hopefully it will be fixed!

Edited by Mal

Dee~I'll take the early weigh in! I gained three, then lost it! So you can put me down for A BIG FAT ZERO! I'll take it, I am afraid what my scale will say tomorrow. Ughhhh, this has been tough!!