Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi, everyone. Welcome back to those who have been away and Hi to you as I haven't met you before.

Mini: how was it going back to work? R u feeling better with each day? How much walking are you getting in?

(Can you tell i am already getting nervous about my surgery:ohmy:)

Dee: the oats thing is for cholesterol probs, right? Not banding as such?

I thought maybe i missed something .

Brandy: Nice supplement on the testosterone!! I missed that day in lapband class:lol:

May I get some suggestions on the type of scales to buy to keep track of weight loss to the 1/2 lb? Thanks.

Hey Deb. It was fine going to work yesterday, but I only went for a few hours. I'm teaching a science camp class tonight, but I think I'll be fine too. I feel really good today. A tiny bit sore if I move wrong, a little bit of gas, etc, but that's it. I've been walking for about 30 minutes every day but could do more. It's just so hot that I don't want to go outside!

I ordered the Omron HBF-500 body fat monitor from Amazon for 58.00. It keeps track of weight, bmi, body fat%, resting metabolism, etc. and seems very very accurate to the tenth of a pound.

That's so funny. I know what you mean. I talk about you guys all the time. Yes, the internet has definitely changed how we live our lives. I can't figure out quite how I functioned without it.

Yay about your hubby. That's fabulous news.

If I remember, I'll post pics of my MINI. She's a cutie.

Mini!

I have to tell you when I went downstairs at Parker the day of your surgery to see you, I had no idea what your last name was. I told the receptionist, "I'm here to see my friend who is having surgery!" I knew your first name, but not your last. I told her, your first and she looked at me waiting for your last. I said, "I am sorry I don't know her last name, but she spells her first name like this...." I know she thought, "AND she's your friend?"

It's great, I love this board and all of the support. I am constantly now thinking about Lap being in Texas while she waits for her new Grandbaby! I pray things will work out very well! It's like she's my sister or something!

All of you guys are so special to me! I miss you when I can't log on!

And Mini about your tummy being distented. I had that too! I felt like I was 9 months pregnant! I couldn't wear some of my pants for about 3 weeks!

It does get better!

Mini!

I have to tell you when I went downstairs at Parker the day of your surgery to see you, I had no idea what your last name was. I told the receptionist, "I'm here to see my friend who is having surgery!" I knew your first name, but not your last. I told her, your first and she looked at me waiting for your last. I said, "I am sorry I don't know her last name, but she spells her first name like this...." I know she thought, "AND she's your friend?"

It's great, I love this board and all of the support. I am constantly now thinking about Lap being in Texas while she waits for her new Grandbaby! I pray things will work out very well! It's like she's my sister or something!

All of you guys are so special to me! I miss you when I can't log on!

And Mini about your tummy being distented. I had that too! I felt like I was 9 months pregnant! I couldn't wear some of my pants for about 3 weeks!

It does get better!

That's so funny. At least you didn't ask for Mini. That would have been even funnier.

Yesterday I wore a pair of stretch knit pants and rolled the waistband down low. I just couldn't figure out what else to wear. I think tonight I'll wear a high waisted dress or something.

I know what you mean about missing everybody. I haven't had this many friends at one time since grade school! I swear!!:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hi, everyone. Welcome back to those who have been away and Hi to you as I haven't met you before.

Mini: how was it going back to work? R u feeling better with each day? How much walking are you getting in?

(Can you tell i am already getting nervous about my surgery:ohmy:)

Dee: the oats thing is for cholesterol probs, right? Not banding as such?

I thought maybe i missed something .

Brandy: Nice supplement on the testosterone!! I missed that day in lapband class:lol:

May I get some suggestions on the type of scales to buy to keep track of weight loss to the 1/2 lb? Thanks.

Hi Deb!

Yup, the Steel Cuts Oats is for cholesterol and fiber! We need to make sure we're getting good Fiber. I fear at times when I decrease my carbs, I'm not getting in the healthy stuff, I need.

Dr. Oz calls Steel Cut Oats, "little scrub brushes" that go through your body getting rid of all the bad stuff! He says they are the best for you to help prevent colon cancer too.

The scale I have is the Tanta scale. I got it online and it's excellent and extremely accurate! I can weigh, walk away and come back and weigh exactly the same down to the tenth of a pound! I think it was $40.00 or something.

I know I don't post here much, and I have been largely absent on LBT the past few weeks, but I'm trying to "come back" again because--gasp--my surgery is in 9 days! I just found out I'm getting banded the same day as lotzasunshine. I think it's kind of neat that I just found someone who's getting banded by Dr. K on the same day. Heh.

Anyway, I'm going through the "nervous" stage right now. I guess it's all fairly typicaly, right? I start my low carb diet tomorrow and I bought a bunch of high Protein, low carb food items today to keep in the office for my lunches.

So, um, hello again, everyone. :thumbup: *waves*

Hi you! I am very glad that you're here. I must've missed you posting before, I'm sorry. This thread is so very popular that it's hard for me to keep up sometimes (and still get any work done). I am so excited for you. Yes, it is very typical to be nervous. Hey, this is a huge life-changing event! But I know that it is worth it and you will be just fine. You can make it through that low-carb diet because you'll have your eyes on the prize! :biggrin:

So is the WII fit worth the $$$???

I can't speak for everyone, but I love mine. I use it at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I use it for an hour or more, doing a bit of everything and at lelast 30 mins of cardio. Other times, I just do yoga or strength training for 10-15 mins. It's not all I do, but it is a fun addition to my exercise routine.

Okay, here are some pics of my MINI when she was a baby. She's a bit more grown up now than in these pics (fancy shoes and socks, some sporty side stripes) but you get the general idea. Her name is Penelope Anne Cooper, but we call her 'Nelope.

post-23374-13813666755877_thumb.jpg

post-33179-13813666782377_thumb.png

post-237897-13813137295335_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137295653_thumb.jpg

Mini~Your Mini is adorable! I love the peace sign!

Peace Love!

Mini~Your Mini is adorable! I love the peace sign!

Peace Love!

Why thank you. People usually can't see it on the roof unless they pull up next to me in a tall vehicle, then they look down and smile.

Why thank you. People usually can't see it on the roof unless they pull up next to me in a tall vehicle, then they look down and smile.

Your Baby is adorable!

I think she looks just like you! Cute as a button! I love the roof! It's so you!!!

I saw your ticker move! Yeah!!!

Your Baby is adorable!

I think she looks just like you! Cute as a button! I love the roof! It's so you!!!

I saw your ticker move! Yeah!!!

Thanks, miss dee! I teach at Westminster College, and the students call the school Westmini, so my license plate is WSTMINI.

Your ticker is just flying! Mine is just sort of . . . .crawling. I still feel pretty puffed up.

Edited by minidriver
I said "fill" instead of "feel". Lapband on my mind!

Cute car!! I bought a new Bug convertible last Dec. It is sapphire blue with gray top/gray interior. I love it!:wink::wink2::thumbup::blink:

Cute car!! I bought a new Bug convertible last Dec. It is sapphire blue with gray top/gray interior. I love it!:wink::wink2::thumbup::blink:
Well, post those baby pics!! Sounds adorable.

I was camping all weekend and wow I had a lot to read when I got back. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing good.

Mini- So happy to hear that your headache is gone and you are on track. Makes me feel a little less nervous as well. I bet it is such a wonderful feeling knowing that you are on your journey.

I started my preop diet today and I feel like I am at a loss, I have never had an interest in a no carb diet lol.:blink: I am thinking of picking up the Adkins book so I can have a field guide. I am not sure if everyone else felt like this but I am feeling a little unprepared, like I need to do more research on the post op stuff. I hate not having an exact and maybe that is what it is lol. Cold feet maybe too. I know I have a while so it seems silly to worry already but I know how time flies. I drive my hubby insane with my need for a definite.

I am also already starting my worry about keeping it off...:wink: I have yo-yod so many times and I want this to be it ya know. I am sure I am not alone in this one. Just worry worry worry, compiled by worry about my move to Colorado. I just need to shake things off... being silly

I am soooo glad that I can get on here and feel reassured. You are all such a wonderful and strong bunch of ladies. I loved seeing the pictures. Looks like you had fun :wink2:

ok I am done yabber yabber yabberin'

I was camping all weekend and wow I had a lot to read when I got back. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing good.

Mini- So happy to hear that your headache is gone and you are on track. Makes me feel a little less nervous as well. I bet it is such a wonderful feeling knowing that you are on your journey.

I started my preop diet today and I feel like I am at a loss, I have never had an interest in a no carb diet lol.:blink: I am thinking of picking up the Adkins book so I can have a field guide. I am not sure if everyone else felt like this but I am feeling a little unprepared, like I need to do more research on the post op stuff. I hate not having an exact and maybe that is what it is lol. Cold feet maybe too. I know I have a while so it seems silly to worry already but I know how time flies. I drive my hubby insane with my need for a definite.

I am also already starting my worry about keeping it off...:wink: I have yo-yod so many times and I want this to be it ya know. I am sure I am not alone in this one. Just worry worry worry, compiled by worry about my move to Colorado. I just need to shake things off... being silly

I am soooo glad that I can get on here and feel reassured. You are all such a wonderful and strong bunch of ladies. I loved seeing the pictures. Looks like you had fun :wink2:

ok I am done yabber yabber yabberin'

I was SO where you are a few weeks ago. Started my preop, started feeling unprepared, scared, thinking I would fail, etc. What you're feeling is absolutely normal IMHO. Then the two weeks seemed to just draaagggg by, then all of a sudden it was here and I was having surgery and AHHHHH!!!

You're gonna' do great. You're gonna get through the preop the best you can (try not to eat carbs that don't come from green veggies. That's really about it). Don't drink alcohol. Make sure you drink lots of fluids. Ask Dr. K. any residual questions you have when you go for your preop. Expect gas pains (more annoying than anything and they respond well to walking) and remember that any discomfort, etc will be well worth it in the end. Even my wretched headache experience, while totally SUCKY, is really nothing compared to the endless misery of continuing to be obese.

I'm six days out now and feel really good and am so glad I did it and didn't put it off. I'm six days closer to health and that's a wonderful feeling. GO JILL!!!