Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Ladies, thank you, thank you, thank you... I really don't know why, but I seem to have a new lease on my attitude after spending some time with my band buddies. We can do this. And more importantly, we can do this together. There is something about getting the frustrations and worries out that is very healing for me. Sharing funny PB stories, puts a new light on the whole experience. Thanks to you I am recommited and focused.

See you all for Tuesday. I didn't think about the booth thing, but look at us!!! We are positively riveting. I do think we should bring a blow up doll (cabana boy???) to stand for the pounds lost. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Woofay - your mind is amazing.

Lap - we were there, where were you?????

See you all on Tuesday. I am looking forward to meeting the new people who will join us.

Hugs to all,

Michelle

Hello Friends!

Grab your coffee....long post.

Well I just unpacked my luggage. This trip was with hubby (photo posted of his chilled out self listening to a movie on Frontier Airlines)

Colorado009.jpg

We flew out on Thursday afternoon and by the time we got to Aurora, had dinner and checked in, it was about midnight eastern time. I was pooped. No internet with me so that might as well have been like binding and gagging me. But the sunset coming into Colorado was just...oh chills!

Colorado007.jpg

I went to my appt. on Friday and was suppose to see the nutritionist. She was a no-show. That ended up being cool by me, I had a premonition she wouldn't show and was actually mentally prepared that the nutrition appt. f2f would not happen. The upside to that was meeting Denise. Have you all met her?

Dang ya'll! She's a LapBand sister! She's been on our journey and frankly I think I gained more from our conversation than I would have potentially with Paula.

Denise>>>

Colorado107.jpg

Colorado099.jpg

Michelle, I hear you about the bonding between us! That's what I am speaking to. I personally don't think people really understand what we go through. We aren't gastric bypass, or RNYZWXYZ or whatever the heck that thing is called. (no diss intended).

I got an article from her on feeling full and fills. ( I love alliteration can ya tell??) This is a great article and I'll probably scan the card she gave me and type the article because it is worth the read.

My fill~~~

It was GRAND to see the good doctor. I don't think I appreciated his talent and skill until I saw him after going to the Fill center in St. Petersburg, FL. Ask me if I'll go to the Fill Center again...go ahead, ask me.

( Patty will you go to the fill center again? Not just no but hell no )

Since my visit to Dr. K in June, I've only lost 12 pounds. COULD BE...that I went to the Fill Center and she removed all my saline and then put it right back in. Not saying what happened, who knows and can only do the scientific method of reason to conclude that when Dr. K took out the fill, it was less than what she had put in, it was discolored...I didn't ask what color it was but my imagination has it going a Shrek green, and it had "floaties" in it...my kids word for a drink that's been swigged upon and someone backwashed into it. I know, I know...EWWWWWWWWW... but the upside is I am now more grateful for a skilled doctor to go to. Lesson learned!

I got my fall colors!!! Check this out.......

Colorado103.jpg

Colorado051.jpg

Colorado089.jpg

Hubby and I discovered the quiant little town of Golden,Co. We drove up to Buffalo Bill's grave,

BETTER POST THIS NOW

After the fill, we left and Like I said before ..went to Buffalo Bill's gravesite up in the mountains. What an awesome drive and peaceful. I love anything history and Colorado is a grand state to provide that. Here are some photos overlooking Golden and then some...

Colorado030.jpg

Colorado026.jpg

Colorado022.jpg

Colorado024.jpg

.................................................................................

Taken this morning as the sun was coming up while we checked in our luggage at the Frontier Airlines terminal. It was coooold outside (Baby it WAS cold outside)...as you can see, my double chin is still there but not touching my chest thank God.

Colorado117.jpg

While hubby toured the Coor's plant....(okay, honey whatever) I drove around and took photos of just STUFF.

Colorado0317.jpg

Colorado0319.jpg

The picture of you 4 is awesome! Mare...you look like you have lost weight since I met you at RR! Way to go!

Lap~ awesome pictures!! I think it's great you did sightseeing while you were here. So...what's the deal with the fill Fluid you had? Quite a stunning story. What did Dr. K say about the color? What does he think happened? Is there any chance the junk in there ruined anything? Did you notice a big difference with your new fill? I am sure the Fill Center cost as much as flying here ~ I am so curious to what he thought what caused the mayhem. Do let us know.

Also, weren't you sick for a while but it didn't have to do with the band? Are you better?

VAbandster ~ there is a thread on the boards about pouch stretching. I was panicked myself. I read where people eat 1/2 cup at a sitting..are they kidding??? I eat a salad plate of food at dinner, and it takes me about an hour, but I am not over full at all. So I have wondered if everything is working right for myself. I will ask Dr. K about the pouch stretching stuff, but on the thread, they were saying if there has been stretching it will go down with eating less. I guess constant over eating could stretch the pouch while hurting the band, but occasional seems to be ok.

Hey, do any of you have a lump at the port incision site?? Mine is like a lengthwise cut hard boiled egg. You can't see it when you are looking, but can feel it right under my skin!

Hey, Mal~ that book that I borrowed from you was great...the "living with the lap band" by the mexican doctor...I liked that book. Is that one of the ones? Hee hee! See you soon!:biggrin1::)

Oh ya, congrats on the new kitty! Make sure you bring a pic...on your camera is fine...but gotta see!

Yup that's the one!

Sorry, I forgot to bring a pic of my new kitty, I'll post one in a few...

Lap -- Beautiful pictures! Love the colors. I'm glad you're ok.

I am freaking out over the saline loss/discoloration that Dr. K found during your fill! This has been my biggest post op worry -- how in the world could the saline get discolored like that and there be less saline in there if the band system is intact?? What did Dr. K say you should do for follow up? Keep us posted on this, please. Once of my biggest concerns has been that I'll let someone else do a fill and then I'll have a problem.

Want2B -- are you sure that's not your port? Mine feels like that.

Happy Monday, friends!

Thanks Mal!

I need it and I appreciate it greatly!

I have to start my post-op on Wednesday.

Did you go through that "Last Supper" mode?

I did, I did....but for some reason, I thought maybe I would be able to have a "final, Last Supper" (like a few Last Suppers weren't enough)...I wanted to have a huge Ribeye dinner the night before surgery, I was soo sad that I couldn't have that!! Enjoy your "Last Supper" and I'm happy that it will be with the LB Gal's at RR!!!....CHEERS!!!

Mal -- I love the name Otis --"Milo and Otis" was one of my son's favorite movies when he was small. Brings back memories of my babies, yet again.

Our cat that just passed was Milo and my son named him 13 years ago, he decided to name the new kitty Otis...awwww, and then when he was shopping this weekend, he found Milo and Otis on DVD at the counter, so he bought it. It was his favorite movie when he was a little guy.....brings back memories for me too

Hey Mal, what a sweet story, a kitty kat tale.

So excited about getting together on Tuesday. I've decided that I do need a fill and will have one after Thanksgiving.

Lap - lovely pics. I hope your band fill works for you. We are blessed being in the same city as Dr. K. Next time you will have to make room for us in your visit.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Want2b....Thanks, I'll check out the thread about the stretched pouch. Part of the reason I am worried about it is b/c I can eat more than 1/2 a cup!!

I can feel my port as well...I think that's what you're feeling.

lap...Great Pics! Thanks for sharing about your journey. I'm heading out for a fill soon, I can't wait! Haven't had one since May...so I really need one!

Hey Gals!

RR was FAB!! I just LOVE meeting with our gals, the support and info is sooo wonderful!!! I think you gals look AWESOME!! I HATE me in that sweater, I put it in the basket of "get rid of it" stuff. I think it looks horrid!!

okay, ladies, I am setting some goals...will report on Tuesday!

VA~I hope you can make a RR meeting when you come in for your fill.

Lap~you were sooo missed!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures, I am so happy that you were able to see some Fall colors. I am excitedf or your new fill, I hope all the troubles are behind you now. Keep us posted on how it goes...

Happy Monday!!!

sorry, it is the only picture I have so far. I was looking everywhere for the kitty and I found him snuggling up with my Chris...awwww!

Mal~ that pic definately has the "aaaawwwwwwwwww" factor! However, you realize your son is gonna freak when he knows you posted this, right?

And, that sweater looks lovely on you! Take it back outta the stuff to junk...its great! Perfect with your hair!