Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Okay, here's a thought. I think that maybe we should keep Tues the 13th on there at 7pm. It's the second tues of the month. Just always leave the second tues. of the month on there. (just cancel if no one can make it or there is inclement weather)

Plus, we can add a day for out-of-towners coming in. So we can have Saturday at 12:30 on there too. I am quite sure I can make sat at 12:30. The only issue I might have with Tuesday is that it is supposed to snow sun and mon. (i suck at driving in the snow...people from Phx suck at driving in anything but sunshine!:))

So what does everyone think? Always leave the second tues of the month on there so you can plan work or sitters or whatever around that, and if we add another time, thats okay too. (I just love to go out to eat with adults...can you tell? heehee!)

Rosey - I'm glad you called the doc. Sometimes just knowing the cause of pain helps, as it reduces the anxiety from not knowing what is going on. I am a firm believer that the worse part of pain is the anticipation of it and the anxiety it can cause. Knowing why it hurts/is uncomfortable makes it a bit easier to endure. As for the gas pain... I think they sell those melt on your tongue strips for Gas-X, which rumor has, helps with the gas pain... also I hear walking and moving around also gets it moving and...ummm.... out! :confused:

Dee - Wow, so that means he has two patients with the same name (or at least nick name)... It also explains why she seemed to understand the sensation of being overfilled (which was odd, since you have yet to be banded...). :)

Tina

so I called and talked to Mary today about trying to get a fill done under fluro and she basically told me I had to come in for a regular fill and talk to the Dr. and have him see if I should get done under fluro. when I explained to her that I'm coming in from VA and I can't just 'come back for another appt', she said she'd have Dr. K call me and talk to me about it.

I REALLY want to have a fill done under fluro just to check and make sure everything is ok and I haven't stretched out my pouch! Heres hoping he'll do it for me!! I'll keep you posted.

Today I picked up a copy of my new son's (G-d, I love that word) birth certificate... with his new last name and me listed as his mother... woo hoo... No matter what happens now, as far as Guatemala is concerned he is MINE!!!!!!!

Now, I wait for his new visa appointment so I can go get him!!!! He most likely will be home before Christmas... that would be the coolest gift ever!!!!!

Tina :whoo:

Mom to Tessa, 2.5 yrs

waiting for Tanner, now 8 months old

Ladies,

Have you received the invitation to the support group organized by Dr. K's daugther. It is going to be held Tuesday the 13th at the Dr's office. I was hoping to make it. But I will need to choose whether to meet you at the RR or go to the support group . I hope we can make it other day. It is my understanding it is open and it is always held the 2nd tuesday of the month.

I hope I can see you

I have made a choice to meet with my band friends at Red Robin versus the meeting with Dr. K's daughter. I get psych support privately, and crave the user-friendly support of my band buddies at Red Robin. I'm concerned that if we keep changing the date everyone will become as confused as I am. I vote with Anita that the 2nd Tuesday has worked well and let people make up their mind which type of support works for them. Next, if people from out of town come in, I think an "extra" meeting would be a good way to go. Any other thoughts?????

We meet at the Red Robin on Arapahoe Road, just west of I-25, it is easy to get to from both north and south. Don't worry we just find each other, altho' if we do it a long time, perhaps 'chubby' won't be the defining description. Yeah!!!

Hello my friends!!

Oh so sorry I have been off this board. Marilyn thanks for the email!

I fly into Denver tomorrow at 5:30. My appt. is Friday at 9 AM first with Paula and then with Dr. K.

Hubby is coming with me. I have to check the weather to see what to pack. I'm going between layers or velour.

Sorry I have been absent, I do peek in but haven't been as vocal as I normally am.

I think I told you all I won an election to the Board of Directors for my professional organization. Very exciting.

((I'm becoming more active!!!))) yayayay me!!

So kids what's the groove?

I need a fill! OMG I need a fill. Not that I am cowing down things..no, but I can intake more than before. Still nothing cold to drink. Still not drinking too much, only a few sips of room temp tea with meals.

Pasta is still not an option. But I can eat toast. Halloween didn't bother me as it has in past years.

Is anyone else experiencing that "I use to love this food but now it isn't my first choice" feeling??

I'm packing.

Talk soon.

Hello Everyone..... Just checking in to see when the RR meeting while Lap dancer is in town.... I can make any of them except Saturday at 12:30 as I will be taking care of my daughter while she is recouperating from her surgery she had today.... I can be at the one on the second Tuesday of the month....

I was having pain with my band and I also have a nerve that was bumped from the surgery that is giving me pain on my left side, so I have been having a nice little bitty pity party and was really feeling sorry for myself.... I am doing better now that I went to see Dr K for my left side pain and I decided to go back on liquids and mushies for the last 3 days....

Mare..... Welcome back

Mal.... So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet kitty.... We had one of our little dogs put to sleep last month when we got back to Colorado before my lap band surgery... He was almost 16 years old..... We sure do miss him alot and so does our other dog....

Tanya..... Congratulations on your new baby... Hope you get him home soon..

I'll be watching for a definate date and time for RR....

Congratulations, Tina! I know you'll be thrilled to have your son in your arms and at home with his family for Christmas. He is at such a fun age -- probably full of giggles and discovering that his toes will fit in mouth! Enjoy your little man. When I look at my 10 and 16 year olds, I sure do miss my babies that they were. They grow up too fast! Please try to keep us posted on how things are going -- but with a toddler and a crawler at home, I know you'll be so very busy!

Can't wait to see those RR pictures, friends!

Tanya..... Congratulations on your new baby... Hope you get him home soon..

Thanks, Nic ... and Dee!

Just a word up on the handle/nickname Taynuh... it's a play on my real name. When I was a kid growing up in St. Lucie County in Florida... where the southern accent/drawl can be quite drawn out (took me years to lose it)... the locals called me "Taynuh"... prounounced tay - nuh. Which is how a true Floridian, back in the day, said "Tina"... a lot of people think it's a play on Tanya, but it is not...

Just thought ya may wanna know (then again...maybe ya dont). :) :biggrin1:

Tina (in Maine... moved up there when I was 13... they called me "Teener")

Ok, when is Red Robin??? It appears we may need to do two groups this month.

Lapdancer, when will it work for you????Many of us want to meet you so we are willing to work around your schedule. Will Saturday Nov 10 at 12:30pm work for you????? Is there a better time??and day???

I am going to attempt to make a chart that people can sign in on. hope this works. you may have to copy and paste.

Saturday, Nov 10 12:30pm

Mare5569

Tuesday, Nov 13 7pm

Mare5569

Mare5569

DynamoMini (if Lap is coming)

Tuesday, Nov 13 7pm

Mare5569

DynamoMini

Thanks Mare for taking this on. Lap are you going to be here on Saturday and willing to come to Red Robin to meet us again?

Mare5569

DynamoMini (if Lap is coming)

Woofay(lap you coming?)

Tuesday, Nov 13 7pm

Mare5569

DynamoMini

Tied2BFit

Bookholder

Woofay (depending on the weather~I'll see that day!)