Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lap: beautiful picture....wow

Dee: what a lot of good info you got! Sounds like this dr. is a keeper!

Munch: man, that is just shitty....i would think there would be recourse given the animal control outfit knew when you got the last one. Those people will get theirs. True, probably not when u will be able to see it or appreciate it, but know it will happen.

Denver: Dr. K just says flowing, soft food for however long it takes....12-24 hours. Just don't go and try to eat a 72 ounce steak! good luck

How are you doing with your fill, Deb? Are you feeling some restriction?

Munch: man, that is just shitty....i would think there would be recourse given the animal control outfit knew when you got the last one. Those people will get theirs. True, probably not when u will be able to see it or appreciate it, but know it will happen.

Denver: Dr. K just says flowing, soft food for however long it takes....12-24 hours. Just don't go and try to eat a 72 ounce steak! good luck

Thanks Deb! How are you feeling since your first fill? Can you eat "normally" now, whatever that means for a bandster? Happy with your restriction? I've heard it takes 2 or 3 fills to get in the green zone. I just put some broccoli cheese Soup with skim milk in the blender, so will heat that up for lunch at work tomorrow. I also have some Jello in the fridge at work in case of a snacking emergency!

Munch, thanks for the words of encouragement. I know from my current job that shadowing is as much about the other nurses liking you, as it is about you seeing if their department is where you really want to work. So, wish me luck that I fit in with the "popular girls"! You know the drill....

Also...I'm nervous that Dr. K is going to be irritated that I gained weight since my surgery. I bet I'm up 4 or 5 lbs! Is that stupid?

Oh, I hope you can get a license - so that you can keep your babies! Those neighbors just make me sick! How hateful can people be?

Deb and Dee-it is just SHITTY of them!!!! I will probably end up in the psych ward for depression if one of my dogs gets taken away! No joke!! I was physically ill when I saw the card from animal control-I promptly went in the bathroom and tossed my dinner up! Hateful people!

The lab rescue gal said that this happened to her before her rescue was properly set up, and it was her neighbor that complained also. She said that since the animal control officers could not justifiably prove that she was not taking care of any of the animals, that they wouldn't remove any of them from her. She also said that she made the point that some people can care for 10 dogs better than other people can care for one-which makes a mockery of the numbers rule. I completely agree with that! Anyway, when they didn't remove any of the dogs her neighbor called and complained again, saying that the animal control officers hadn't acted on the original complaint.

I plan on calling them first thing in the morning, having my vet records ready, telling them to call my vet, the humane society where I got Jake and Brutus from, anything to help my case! I know either of them will not want to see either of those dogs get removed from me!!

Thanks Deb! How are you feeling since your first fill? Can you eat "normally" now, whatever that means for a bandster? Happy with your restriction? I've heard it takes 2 or 3 fills to get in the green zone. I just put some broccoli cheese Soup with skim milk in the blender, so will heat that up for lunch at work tomorrow. I also have some Jello in the fridge at work in case of a snacking emergency!

Munch, thanks for the words of encouragement. I know from my current job that shadowing is as much about the other nurses liking you, as it is about you seeing if their department is where you really want to work. So, wish me luck that I fit in with the "popular girls"! You know the drill....

Yes, I know the drill, but I also know at my hospital people usually aren't invited to shadow unless they are in! :( Good luck!!

Also...I'm nervous that Dr. K is going to be irritated that I gained weight since my surgery. I bet I'm up 4 or 5 lbs! Is that stupid?

Oh, I don't think he'll be upset at you. That's the time for healing, not dieting.

Oh NO! He won't be upset with you. He knows it's the time to heal and not worry about dieting. It's the toughest time and we all gained during that time. I know I gained as soon as i started eating solids. I was so angry at myself! I thought, here I am with a band and I still am gaining weight. I have spent so much of my life beating myself up! It's hideous!

AND Nurse-Woman, I am jealous! I hope you get the job! AND more than that, I hope it's a good fit for you!

I have an interview tomorrow morning at Porter. Wish me luck!

ooo, good luck dee and denver!! How exciting to (perhaps) be starting a new job! Nursing is such an important field . . . I know that nurses are overworked and under appreciated but some of us know who REALLY helps people to get well.

Oh NO! He won't be upset with you. He knows it's the time to heal and not worry about dieting. It's the toughest time and we all gained during that time. I know I gained as soon as i started eating solids. I was so angry at myself! I thought, here I am with a band and I still am gaining weight. I have spent so much of my life beating myself up! It's hideous!

AND Nurse-Woman, I am jealous! I hope you get the job! AND more than that, I hope it's a good fit for you!

Wow, good luck! Hey, Porter is just right up the road from me, we could meet for lunch, or happy hour sometime!

ooo, good luck dee and denver!! How exciting to (perhaps) be starting a new job! Nursing is such an important field . . . I know that nurses are overworked and under appreciated but some of us know who REALLY helps people to get well.

Thanks Mini, I really wanted to talk about what I like about PACU, and how I want to interact with those patients, but there just didn't seem to be an opening in the conversation for that topic. I've been there before..LOL, we ALL have here, and feel there is so much the nurse can do to help there.

Thanks all for alleviating my apprehension about gaining weight. you're right, we do beat ourselves up over that. My ex was not too nice about my weight, and I think a lot of those negative messages are still in my head. Phooey on him. I'm not nervous at all about the fill itself. I had acupuncture today for my work comp back injury thing. OMG now that was pain to get 4" needles in various spots from my butt down to my ankles! YIKES! So one little fill in the tummy is nothing. Will update tomorrow, hopefully with happy news ladies!:(

Dee-what is your interview for?

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

Wow, good luck! Hey, Porter is just right up the road from me, we could meet for lunch, or happy hour sometime!

Thanks Mini, I really wanted to talk about what I like about PACU, and how I want to interact with those patients, but there just didn't seem to be an opening in the conversation for that topic. I've been there before..LOL, we ALL have here, and feel there is so much the nurse can do to help there.

Thanks all for alleviating my apprehension about gaining weight. you're right, we do beat ourselves up over that. My ex was not too nice about my weight, and I think a lot of those negative messages are still in my head. Phooey on him. I'm not nervous at all about the fill itself. I had acupuncture today for my work comp back injury thing. OMG now that was pain to get 4" needles in various spots from my butt down to my ankles! YIKES! So one little fill in the tummy is nothing. Will update tomorrow, hopefully with happy news ladies!:(

Let me know if the acupuncture works. Acupuncture fascinates me and I have had patients who swear by it. I thought it wasn't supposed to hurt though? :smile2:

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

Oh sweetie. I'm so sorry! Who is his doctor? Where are they doing the biopsy? Do you know where the mass is?

Sorry to pepper you with questions. Try not to be afraid. The vast majority of masses in the brain are NOT malignant. I know that probably doesn't make you feel any better right now, but the odds are on his side.

Yes, I will certainly be praying for you. Hang in there and let me know if you have any quesions, although neuro stuff is definitely not my specialty. However, it is the specialty of a few nurses I work with, including one who worked in the neuro ICU at mayo.

My goodness, what else can happen this week? (Wait, I don't want to know.)

Ok, now everytime my dogs even bark when they are playing I am totally paranoid. I cannot live like this!!