Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Drive by post...

The evil neighbors have done it this time. I have HAD it with this situation. I came home today to find a notice on the door because they have complained to animal control that I am over the 4 pet limit. I am absolutely devastated to think of having to give up even one of these dogs. How can they live with themselves for doing this? My dogs don't bother ANYONE. They are not left outside, they do not bark, and my yard is clean.

I really don't know how they can live with themselves. These dogs will be heartbroken if they are split up too!!

Oh Munchie. I'm so sorry. This is horrible. What does your attorney have to say about this latest twist? You must be so upset. As far as I'm concerned, indoor pets are nobody's business and you should be able to have as many as you can take care of. Nobody puts a limit on how many kids someone can have, and the stakes are even higher . . .

Oh my goodness Heather! That is the worst! How can anyone be so hateful? What is wrong with those people? Do they really hate their lives so much that they have to torture others? How cruel!

Now they are just torturing innocent animals that are taken care of. I am hoping beyond hope that animal control will be understanding and see that they are all taken care of. But with events of late I have learned not to be hopeful-it is just easier that way, then I am not disappointed when I am let down by people.

Like Mini said, as long as they are indoors and being taken care of...who cares? And the city animal shelter KNEW I had too many animals when they gave me Reilly! I was completely honest with them and told them how many I had! They said they didn't care because they wanted to see him go to a good home!

I am just beyond devastated. Jake will probably have to go live with my idiot ex. I will say, in his defense, that him and Jake have a very deep bond, that Jake truly likes him just a teensy bit better than me even. BUT, I don't think any of them should have to be ripped apart from their siblings!! They are going to be heartbroken!!

The irony is these people PROFESS to be animal lovers!!!!!

Oh Munchie. I'm so sorry. This is horrible. What does your attorney have to say about this latest twist? You must be so upset. As far as I'm concerned, indoor pets are nobody's business and you should be able to have as many as you can take care of. Nobody puts a limit on how many kids someone can have, and the stakes are even higher . . .

Mini-it was 6pm when I got home, so I couldn't call my attorney, but believe me, I will, first thing in the morning. There is probably nothing he can do since I am one dog over the limit, but maybe he can do something about these people harrassing me. I hope they realize that after one of my dogs is gone, there is really nothing else they can do to me.

They are running out of ways to torment me. But this one is more than enough. I honestly don't know if I can weather this one.:(

Mini-it was 6pm when I got home, so I couldn't call my attorney, but believe me, I will, first thing in the morning. There is probably nothing he can do since I am one dog over the limit, but maybe he can do something about these people harrassing me. I hope they realize that after one of my dogs is gone, there is really nothing else they can do to me.

They are running out of ways to torment me. But this one is more than enough. I honestly don't know if I can weather this one.:(

Ah sweetie. I'm so sorry. They really are harassing you. That's the perfect word for it. I wish I was there. I would take my big mouth over there and kick their harassing asses!

Ah sweetie. I'm so sorry. They really are harassing you. That's the perfect word for it. I wish I was there. I would take my big mouth over there and kick their harassing asses!

I just let my dogs out,and was watching them all playfully run around the yard and goof with each other, and I lost it. I cannot quit crying now.

If I have to get rid of one, how do I possibly choose? One is not worthier than another-they are all great dogs.

I don't think I can bear to give Jake to my ex-he is my special boy besides Brutus, and I will feel terrible if he is not here. But it seems like the only logical thing to do as I cannot see putting any of them with a stranger either. Brutus was the last one here but I don't think I can bear to part with him since he has bonded so deeply with everyone here. And mastiffs get their hearts broken if they are given up more than once. I just don't know what to do.

If they wanted to break me, they are succeeding.:(

Lap- Thank goodness that all happened while you were around. I think you all know that I am no stranger to bipolar disorder with my husband, so I know how unnerving and utterly earth shattering it can be sometimes. I will pray for things to get better for you and your family. And yes, the military healthcare system is HORRIBLE. My sister always jokes that they give Advil for EVERY ailment!! She jokes about going to the military hospital with her leg being blown off and being given Advil for it. Not so amusing when you REALLY need help!!

You are one of the strongest woman I know and you will get through this! Hugs!!!! And give the little one lots of lovin from me also!!

I just let my dogs out,and was watching them all playfully run around the yard and goof with each other, and I lost it. I cannot quit crying now.

If I have to get rid of one, how do I possibly choose? One is not worthier than another-they are all great dogs.

I don't think I can bear to give Jake to my ex-he is my special boy besides Brutus, and I will feel terrible if he is not here. But it seems like the only logical thing to do as I cannot see putting any of them with a stranger either. Brutus was the last one here but I don't think I can bear to part with him since he has bonded so deeply with everyone here. And mastiffs get their hearts broken if they are given up more than once. I just don't know what to do.

If they wanted to break me, they are succeeding.:(

Well, if Jake has to go with the ex, could you get visitation? I agree, you shouldn't send one to a stranger. That just wouldn't be right.

Well, I just got home from the Plastic Surgeon's Office.

He was extremely nice and very encouraging. He said some really nice things to me.

I went there to just touch base and see what his recommendations are for my lower stomach and my arms. He said there are two different procedures for the stomach. The panniculectomy and the Tummy Tuck are not the same. I thought they were. He would be willing to do a panniculectomy on me when I get my BMI close to 40. A BMI less than 40 would make me obese and the risks for surgery are much lower. He also said that insurance companies are more likely to pay for a Panniculectomy, but unlikely to pay for a Tummy Tuck. The Tummy Tuck will pull the muscles and suture them back together. The Panniculectomy will just take the excess skin away. I would have the Panniculectomy done to help with my lower back strain and then when I get to goal, I'd self pay for my Tummy Tuck. He gave me the price of the Panniculectomy and I was shocked. He's portion is less than $4K. If the insurance covers it, it would be great!

We went to his office and discussed everything. I talked about my upper arms and he said most insurance companies never pay for Brachioplasty. We then went to the exam room and I put the gown on - when he saw my arms, he was shocked. I mean, you could see on his face, he had never seen anything like that. He said, each arm appears to have a panniculectomy too. His response was that the insurance could very well pay for them too.

Lastly, he said he would be willing to do the surgery now, if I really felt it hindered my activity, caused discomfort or was a problem with hygiene. I decided to try to get my BMI down more, so that the outcome would be better. He asked me to call him, if I changed my mind.

He showed me pics of women who had, had RNY and LapBand and had panniculectomies done. I could see some of their ports. There were several who weighed close to what I weigh now and having the panniculectomy removed really improved their appearance.

Prty, what good news! How nice that now you have some time to plan what you want to do next, and that insurance might really help.

Now they are just torturing innocent animals that are taken care of. I am hoping beyond hope that animal control will be understanding and see that they are all taken care of. But with events of late I have learned not to be hopeful-it is just easier that way, then I am not disappointed when I am let down by people.

Like Mini said, as long as they are indoors and being taken care of...who cares? And the city animal shelter KNEW I had too many animals when they gave me Reilly! I was completely honest with them and told them how many I had! They said they didn't care because they wanted to see him go to a good home!

I am just beyond devastated. Jake will probably have to go live with my idiot ex. I will say, in his defense, that him and Jake have a very deep bond, that Jake truly likes him just a teensy bit better than me even. BUT, I don't think any of them should have to be ripped apart from their siblings!! They are going to be heartbroken!!

The irony is these people PROFESS to be animal lovers!!!!!

Munch, So sorry they are being jerks again. Karma will get them in the end.

I had my PACU interview today, and think it went well. They invited me to come back next week for a shift to shadow in preop and pacu.

My first fill is tomorrow. It is 9a.m. I usually pack my lunch. Any ideas on what I should plan to eat? What instructions does Dr. K give after the 1st fill?

Prty, what good news! How nice that now you have some time to plan what you want to do next, and that insurance might really help.

I had my PACU interview today, and think it went well. They invited me to come back next week for a shift to shadow in preop and pacu.

My first fill is tomorrow. It is 9a.m. I usually pack my lunch. Any ideas on what I should plan to eat? What instructions does Dr. K give after the 1st fill?

Well, he didn't give me any special instructions. The guy I have do my fills now only allows warm liquids for 48 hours. Go figure. I think I would go with something kind of "easy". Just a suggestion.

Well, if Jake has to go with the ex, could you get visitation? I agree, you shouldn't send one to a stranger. That just wouldn't be right.

Yes, I am sure I could have visitation, but I just don't like the idea of sending him there in the first place. He lives in my friend Beckys house, which is actually owned by her mother, and her mom said she is going to put it on the market later this year. So who knows where either of them will end up. The good thing is, her mom owns apartments about 5 minutes away from here, and she will let them both keep their dogs if they move there. My ex is also so unpredictable-I truly believe he would do nothing to harm Jake because he loves Jake more than anything in the world, but....he did drive drunk with Jake in the car with him once. That REALLY upset me!!

Also, I tried the visitation thing with my ex and my first two dogs, and it didn't work so hot. Just confused the dogs more than anything!

I have sent emergency emails to the local lab rescue gal and the animal shelter I got Brutus from, asking if they have any tips on how to deal with this. I guess it will all come down to if I get a nice animal control officer or not. The one that gave me Reilly was super nice, and the other one has known my mom for years, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed and praying!!

I think if they invited you to shadow your interview went a little better than well! You are a shoe in!! Woo hoo!!

I know logically that karma will get them in the end-that is what I have told my husband over the last few years while things have been escalating, but WHEN? Seriously, how much can these people do to me and my family? (That is what my dogs are like to me-they are like my kids, that is why this is sooo devastating to me!)

Well, the gal that runs the lab rescue responded to me already. She said across the river, they have an "excess numbers license" you can get to have more pets than allowed. We just don't know if they have one on this side of the river. So I guess time will tell.

Lap: beautiful picture....wow

Dee: what a lot of good info you got! Sounds like this dr. is a keeper!

Munch: man, that is just shitty....i would think there would be recourse given the animal control outfit knew when you got the last one. Those people will get theirs. True, probably not when u will be able to see it or appreciate it, but know it will happen.

Denver: Dr. K just says flowing, soft food for however long it takes....12-24 hours. Just don't go and try to eat a 72 ounce steak! good luck

Oh, I hope you can get a license - so that you can keep your babies! Those neighbors just make me sick! How hateful can people be?

Well, the gal that runs the lab rescue responded to me already. She said across the river, they have an "excess numbers license" you can get to have more pets than allowed. We just don't know if they have one on this side of the river. So I guess time will tell.

Oh, that would be awesome! Oh, I'll keep my fingers crossed.