Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I think that sounds like a HOOT! Go for it!!! =) Hubby and I have joked about doing the RV thing many a time. We love traveling and wandering so much.

We've been doing the math . . . it really is doable if we sell our house, etc.

I just booked a flight home for a few days end of Oct. I actually fly out on Halloween. Wouldn't it be AWESOME to make my goal and be 100lbs lighter when I fly out to see friends and family I haven't seen in over 2 years!!! I am so excited!!! Re-motivated for this challenge.

That would be sooooo fabulous. Oh my.

Brandy~How are you? Please let us know, I am thinking about you that everything will be okay.

Yes, Brandy, let us know how you are!

Have a productive Wednesday all you serious professionals! Chat at ya' laytah!

Good to here from you Mal.
My days have gotten significantly less productive since I found this board! :cool2::lol:
lol! Same here! I think ok, time to do laundry, or dishes, and then I think, well I can stay on for a few minutes, and then suddenly DH is home, and my afternoon is gone!:biggrin:

Amazing how much time we can spend here, yes? But it's really fun.

Yay, another new Bandster! It will be my turn soon!!! :biggrin:

Happy to hear you're doing well! I hope you're not in Hurricane Ike's path, because he's done terrible things to the Caribbean, and I think he's headed that way. :cool2:

Thanks :lol: Yeah, we were worried about Ike on top of Fay but looks like he will miss us, thankfully. I hope the remainder of hurricane season is quiet for everyone.

Tally, glad you made it home safely. I hope you're feeling well.

Thanks Mini, I'm feeling pretty good. Each day is a little better. I agree with everyone about day 3 though, lol. Glad that is over. I am going back to work tomorrow.

When I went through the airport, they let you take the liquids, as long as you have them out and ready for them to check. Good luck with the preop diet!

I checked mine just to be certain. I wasn't too concerned about the antibiotics but the pain meds I thought might be a problem and if they took it away I thought it might be hard to get it replaced. I would have the pharmacy put it into two small bottles, or at least a bottle that is not way too large. Mine was in a HUGE bottle, not full of course, but the size of the container is what the airlines would have a problem with. I just took 1/2 a dose right before I got on the plane. If you do decide to check it, put it into a baggy first just in case of any leaks.

Hi girls...

I am feeling better this morning...still a little achy, but nothing like yesterday. I am going to hold off on calling Dr. K.

I am actually hoping that he can remove my tumors from my liver...he is the one that discovered them, and then maybe check on the band while he is at it.

I have to wait for DH to recover from his surgery. Counting down...next Tuesday. Then it will be my turn, I want to get it done this year as I have met my deductible already!

Hey Tally, how much of your weight lost was pre-op, and how much have you lost since your surgery?

One thing that sort of frustrates me on this site is that people keep track of how much weight they've lost in their tickers, but it almost always includes their pre-op weight as well as post-op weight, so I never can tell how much they lost after the surgery.

That's one thing I can't stop thinking about - just how much will I lose in the first month? The first 6 months? I'm dying to know if I'll be in Onederland by bathing suit season, lol. I know that everyone is different, and that is so annoying. But I'm convinced that quitting sodas and beer will make my weight loss in the first month outstanding! :biggrin:

Dork~

That would be an AMAZING accomplishment to be 100 pounds lighter. You need to carry a camera around, just to get their "first" faces!! That would be classic!

Hi girls...

I am feeling better this morning...still a little achy, but nothing like yesterday. I am going to hold off on calling Dr. K.

So glad you're feeling better today! :biggrin:

Jaime~

For me, my heaviest was 227 (my consult). Surgery was 217. I count by my heaviest, because that was what people saw me at.

At 6 months, I was down 70 pounds. I am almost at 9 months and am down 75. That has been hard. I am exactly 20 pounds from goal. I am working hard and would like to be there by 12/12 my bandiversary!

Jaime~

For me, my heaviest was 227 (my consult). Surgery was 217. I count by my heaviest, because that was what people saw me at.

At 6 months, I was down 70 pounds. I am almost at 9 months and am down 75. That has been hard. I am exactly 20 pounds from goal. I am working hard and would like to be there by 12/12 my bandiversary!

Wow, that's so impressive. 6 months and 70lbs!!! Here's hoping I can be so lucky.

For my height (5'8") they say I should be about 160lbs. Well, I've been down as low as 175lbs my freshman year of college, and I was a hottie - if I do say so myself. I probably could have lost a few pounds if I wanted to, but I was wearing a size 12 and actually looked and felt really great. So ultimately I want to get back to 175lbs, and I'm at 250lbs now. If I can do that in 6mos I think I'll fly back to Dr. K in CO and give him a big wet kiss!!! :biggrin:

Hey Tally, how much of your weight lost was pre-op, and how much have you lost since your surgery?

One thing that sort of frustrates me on this site is that people keep track of how much weight they've lost in their tickers, but it almost always includes their pre-op weight as well as post-op weight, so I never can tell how much they lost after the surgery.

That's one thing I can't stop thinking about - just how much will I lose in the first month? The first 6 months? I'm dying to know if I'll be in Onederland by bathing suit season, lol. I know that everyone is different, and that is so annoying. But I'm convinced that quitting sodas and beer will make my weight loss in the first month outstanding! :biggrin:

Yeah, I agree with you about the weight loss ticker. I almost didn't put one on. I am trying very hard not to compare the pounds lost or to concentrate on the pounds I lose but... Most of my weight loss was absolutely pre-op. I lost 21 pounds on the pre-op low carb diet but I started the diet as soon as I got the packet from Dr. K which was a little over a month pre-op. The paperwork said to cut out certain foods immediately, which was most of the carbs. Dr. K said (the day before my surgery) that it wasn't necessary. I can't really complain though, I'm glad I lost it :cool2:

I know it...I am 5'6 and my goal is 132. I am in a 10 right now, but would LOVE to be a 6 (my dream size...who knows?!?!)

The key for me was to mix my calories up 1200 for a few days, 800 for one, 600 for another, 1000 for 2 so my body was ALWAYS guessing. Also, working out. I was a big workout chickie the first 6 months. Now since I stopped, it is harder to get back into it...but I KNOW IN MY HEART this is going to be the key to get the last 20 off and maintaining my loss. Hopefully life will settle down by October and I will be ready to get back on it...

Jaime~

Wow, congrats on the tremendous weight loss! My heaviest was 237 lbs. I will be so thrilled if I even come close to your weight loss. How many fills have you had?

I know it...I am 5'6 and my goal is 132. I am in a 10 right now, but would LOVE to be a 6 (my dream size...who knows?!?!)

The key for me was to mix my calories up 1200 for a few days, 800 for one, 600 for another, 1000 for 2 so my body was ALWAYS guessing. Also, working out. I was a big workout chickie the first 6 months. Now since I stopped, it is harder to get back into it...but I KNOW IN MY HEART this is going to be the key to get the last 20 off and maintaining my loss. Hopefully life will settle down by October and I will be ready to get back on it...

I am 5' 5" and I am not even sure what my goal weight should be. I never really thought about a number, I just knew I wanted to get healthy.