Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

You shouldn't have any prob. Ask for a wheelchair to take you to the terminal. I had my operation on a Wed. and flew out on thurs. afternoon. Plus I was lucky: i never had any real pain or discomfort at all. Every individual is diff.

But the wheelchair really helped; plus if u are in first class you automatically get to board first, so that's good. Ask for the belt extender so you have very little pressure on stomach.

Good luck.

Book, How are you? Haven't seen you in a while. Are you using the bodybugg?

Im doing fine, yes I am using the bodybugg, really like the extra motivation I get from it, Thanks!!

You shouldn't have any prob. Ask for a wheelchair to take you to the terminal. I had my operation on a Wed. and flew out on thurs. afternoon. Plus I was lucky: i never had any real pain or discomfort at all. Every individual is diff.

But the wheelchair really helped; plus if u are in first class you automatically get to board first, so that's good. Ask for the belt extender so you have very little pressure on stomach.

Good luck.

Depending on how far the walk is from the Rental Car Return to the Terminal at Denver Airport, I might actually ask for a wheelchair! But I know that the walking will really do me good. I might just force myself to walk, and just walk really slowly. We've got a 2hr layover in Atlanta on the way back home to NC, so hopefully that'll be enough time to slowly make my way from one gate to the next. :biggrin:

I just wanted to tell you - I love your new Avatar! It makes me think of how I look when I'm doing the Pee Pee Dance!

HA!!!

HEY HEY! How do you like my new User Title?? :biggrin::D I hope everyone gets it. Else they might think I'm some crazy person who wets herself a lot!

Bookholder, good to see you! The bodybugg sounds neat.

Jmegirl, good plan to go 1st class. The good news is that with the walking you'll surely be sleeping the entire flight.

Deb, sent you a PM.

Green, Dr. K will do the realize band, but there is an extra charge. I think the Water aerobics sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could join you!

Mini and Munch, you two are cracking me up this morning!

I see Dr. K today for my one week follow up appointment. I am feeling lots better, but glad that I have until off work until Thursday. Still get tired so easily. Think I will go whip up some mashed potatoes - lol !!!

Sorry Brandy, hang in there - as my Mom says, 'this too shall pass!", thinking of you....

I went to Dr. K's today for my 1 week check. Everything looking good, and he says the fatigue is normal. I'm supposed to progress to a soft diet now, and hopefully increased Protein in the form of eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, etc. will give me some more energy.

Hey Denver/Aurora gang: deboregon will be here Tues. 9/23- want to plan to meet for dinner at 5:30 at the Great Atlanta bread Company, just north of Aurora Mall, in Aurora Town Center? Who's in???

Brandy - thinking of you. Check in when you can.

Wish I could come to dinner on the 23rd. Somehow I'm not sure I can justify the plane fare, but it would be fun.

Denver, glad your check up went well.

HEY HEY! How do you like my new User Title?? :cursing::crying: I hope everyone gets it. Else they might think I'm some crazy person who wets herself a lot!

Nah, you just fit right in with the rest of us! We are all a bit "off" if you know what I mean...Ok, maybe not all of us. But definitely a few of us, and you all know who you are!:eek:

For inquiring minds...of course it WAS my neighbor who did my mammogram today. Seriously, aren't there any other techs? Why does my neighbor always have to squish my boobies? Oh well, at least I got to update her on the EVIL neighbors that live next door. She didn't know all the stuff that was going on. She has volunteered her 4 year old grandson to help paint the fence!:thumbdown:

Hi guys...I am struggling bad. Say a prayer for me. More later.

What's going on my fellow Dave fan? Sending hugs to you!!!

Sorry Brandy, hang in there - as my Mom says, 'this too shall pass!", thinking of you....

I went to Dr. K's today for my 1 week check. Everything looking good, and he says the fatigue is normal. I'm supposed to progress to a soft diet now, and hopefully increased Protein in the form of eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, etc. will give me some more energy.

Hey Denver/Aurora gang: deboregon will be here Tues. 9/23- want to plan to meet for dinner at 5:30 at the Great Atlanta bread Company, just north of Aurora Mall, in Aurora Town Center? Who's in???

Glad your check up went well. I too would love to come dine but I also cannot justify the plane fare. :thumbdown:

Green-I thought about the Nuvaring. One of my friends has it and she loves it. The gyne wanted me to try Yaz because of the mild diuretic effects (and she probably heard that I am a huge beotch when I have PMS so she wanted the effects for the PMDD)! Waa haa haa!!

I wanted to tell you I saw a different, new podiatrist about my plantar fascitis today. He did an ultrasound of my foot to confirm the thickness of the fascia (which basically means the $1300 MRI I had was not necessary) and told me he also feels I have nerve involvement also (which I have been saying the whole time). So he gave me an alcohol injection, which is apparently supposed to sclerose the nerve ending. He told me there is usually about a 99% success rate with it. He also told me the surgery the other doc wanted me to have only has a 40% success rate, so I may have gone through all that time on crutches and the time off work only to have it not work. I would have been seriously PO'd.

I go back next week-he said I should see about a 50% improvement just with the first injection. Since I have tried everything, I am very skeptical, but I will keep you updated on how it works.

Green-I thought about the Nuvaring. One of my friends has it and she loves it. The gyne wanted me to try Yaz because of the mild diuretic effects (and she probably heard that I am a huge beotch when I have PMS so she wanted the effects for the PMDD)! Waa haa haa!!

I wanted to tell you I saw a different, new podiatrist about my plantar fascitis today. He did an ultrasound of my foot to confirm the thickness of the fascia (which basically means the $1300 MRI I had was not necessary) and told me he also feels I have nerve involvement also (which I have been saying the whole time). So he gave me an alcohol injection, which is apparently supposed to sclerose the nerve ending. He told me there is usually about a 99% success rate with it. He also told me the surgery the other doc wanted me to have only has a 40% success rate, so I may have gone through all that time on crutches and the time off work only to have it not work. I would have been seriously PO'd.

I go back next week-he said I should see about a 50% improvement just with the first injection. Since I have tried everything, I am very skeptical, but I will keep you updated on how it works.

Are you kidding? An alcohol shot? Wow, totally keep us up to date on this. I have it in both feet and I would be soooo happy if something like that would work.

BTW, I CERTAINLY hope that you're not implying that I am somewhat off kilter. I view myself as a staid and serious academic professional who always behaves with great decorum. I'm sure you must have been referring to OTHER members of the group.

Are you kidding? An alcohol shot? Wow, totally keep us up to date on this. I have it in both feet and I would be soooo happy if something like that would work.

BTW, I CERTAINLY hope that you're not implying that I am somewhat off kilter. I view myself as a staid and serious academic professional who always behaves with great decorum. I'm sure you must have been referring to OTHER members of the group.

Of course I was referring to other members of the group. I am also a very serious professional....

(I almost couldn't keep a straight face when I was typing that!!)

You will like this one...I was driving today and I saw a lady driving a convertible with the top down...with a big ol Brutus dog in the passenger seat. It was so cute!!