Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

So sorry Mal and Tied. Grief is an all consuming process. It comes and goes in intensity, but take a long, long time to accept the loss, if ever.

Mal - I am concerned with teenage suicide. I think that the schools, because of the political climate, aren't able to counsel kids like they used to. The schools are the front line when it comes to teens and depression. When I first started teaching there were all sorts of workshops for teachers about depression, suicide and warning signs. Now the schools are so pushed for "achievement" that the kids feel that pressure in addition to the peer stuff which can be awful. I told one of my friends, who is a high school counselor, that our politicians won't realize what they are doing with this "no child left behind" pressure, that the increase of suicide is predicable. So sorry your children are in this cycle right now. Parents need to scream, then something will happen to better support the kids' needs.

Enough soapbox.

Tied - Yes, the BP thing was extremely scary. They took me to SkyRidge (nice hospital), but I knew what it was, because it had happened before. I encouraged them to release me and two days later my BP popped up again. I am hoping I can manage it without the chemical that seems to put me into a BP tailspin. I am 145/85, which is a little high.

I was hoping - ie: dreaming that I could be completely off the medication, but the reality is such that I will probably need something. I am logging the pressures I take for two weeks and then I will have a phone conference.

Marcy - I too want to see the pictures from your frozen ocean. Good luck with your fill. I have one scheduled for leap day, the 29th.

Bahot - been there, done that. The supervisor thing with middle and high school kids can be rewarding, when everyone emerges from the long weekend alive. That irritates me so much that a mom wouldn't come and get her sick daughter. I think that is so lousy. Good for you taking away the phones, so those cuties would go to sleep. Overtired teens are not a pretty picture. I do like the texting thing, as a teacher of writing, this is precisely what is meant by getting kids to "write with a purpose." hee..hee

Hugs,

Michelle

My surgery is on 03/05/2008 with Dr Kirshenbaum any body give me feeback on him

Tiny-- Welcome, you have picked a great site to help you. Dr. K is wonderful we all love him. I had my surgery on 1/2/08 and couldn't be happier. Best of luck to you on this wonderful journey...:cursing:

Well everyone, Just got home from my daughters practice and because the sick girl didn't go home right away we only had 4 girls out of 10 at practice. We have another tourney on Sunday so hopefully they will all be better by than. I have started pounding Vitamin C, as has my daughter so hopefully (Crossing our fingers here) we won't get it...wish me luck.

I am going to bed I am still trying to get caught up on the sleep I lost this weekend.:cursing:

Well everyone, Just got home from my daughters practice and because the sick girl didn't go home right away we only had 4 girls out of 10 at practice. We have another tourney on Sunday so hopefully they will all be better by than. I have started pounding Vitamin C, as has my daughter so hopefully (Crossing our fingers here) we won't get it...wish me luck.

I am going to bed I am still trying to get caught up on the sleep I lost this weekend.:cursing:

I hope you don't get sick Dear!

Good hand washing is another good way to avoid illness!

I have become obsessed with washing my hands lately.

This flu is making me nervous!

So sorry Mal and Tied. Grief is an all consuming process. It comes and goes in intensity, but take a long, long time to accept the loss, if ever.

Thank you Michelle,

I decided, I'm going to drive to ABQ for the funeral. I tried calling her last night, but she wasn't feeling well and had gone to bed early. I had a feeling, I needed to talk to her. Her husband said she passed away in her sleep this morning around 7am. I know she's at peace now... no more pain, but I so wanted her to beat this thing, so she could raise her little kids. Part of me is so angry! Her 10 year old and 7 year old will remember her, but her 2 year old won't -- and all of that just makes me angry and very sad.

I watched this woman become a wonderful NICU nurse and one of the most caring and loving Moms I have ever known. When I first met her she was fresh out of nursing school, unmarried and no kids. I am so proud of her and what she had become. She had so much grace and sweetness.

dee~

Hi Tiny. There's plenty of feedback on Dr. K in this thread and a lot of friendly, supportive people. I was banded just last week and I had a great experience with him and his staff. Welcome and best of luck!

Hi Tiny,

You will love Dr. K and his staff. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I have no regrets. I was very pleased with Dr. K.

Tied and Mal, I am so sorry for the loss that you have experienced recently. I wish both of you and your families peace and healing. :)

On to more frivolous matters, comparatively...meaning me.

I am crabby today because I brought a little bit of thin oatmeal for lunch and put it in the microwave for far too long. You guessed it, exploded oatmeal and skim milk. I guess you don't need to microwave such a small amount for as long as you'd need to microwave a full bowl, huh? So I'm drinking a Protein Shake instead. I still don't have an appetite at all, but I was looking forward to that oatmeal anyway.

My newest development is a bit of gas pain in my chest. I am not happy with this at all since in general my pain has gotten so much better. It isn't awful, it doesn't hurt when I breathe or anything like that. But it is annoying. Otherwise, I feel more "normal" today than I have since the surgery. Tomorrow it'll be a whole week ago.

tied - it is so unfair when good people die like that. Her girls are going to miss her. Your memories are a wonderful tribute to her life. It is good you will share them with the family, now and later.

Viri - funny about the exploding - nuclear oatmeal - Wow, what a concept! I'm glad you had a back up Protein Shake with you. Good thinking!

Tiny - welcome. Are you local? You'll have to join us at Red Robin if you are. We are a great group of supportive, positive people. We all struggle, and share our pain, growth, and personal challenges here.

Bahot - you are doing whatever you can. I agree the hand washing seems to help too. Just get enough sleep, vit. C is good and eat healthy. It's all we can do. There is a bug that is getting a lot of people now, even with flu shots, people seem to be coming down with it.

Well, I have been doing my taxes on Turbo Tax. I can't believe it is always this complicated. You almost need a degree in accounting to get through it. I wanted to take the cost of my home flooding off, but couldn't figure it out. I also did put in the lap surgery, then realized the money I took out of my tax shelter to pay for the surgery hasn't sent the form I need. And for sure, if it is a printed form, the IRS computer will find it. Sooooooooooooooooooooo, I did enough and now for more fun endeavors.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Dynamo, it seems like there are plenty of new things to learn with the band -- like shorter cooking times! I never make a mess in the microwave, so I was trying to quickly clean it up before anybody walked into the break room.

I hear you on the taxes issue. I used TurboTax too but I haven't finished it up because we owe. I am pissed off about it, so I am avoiding it right now. I had our return reviewed and they essentially said we owed because I worked multiple jobs in 2007 (three to be exact, plus freelance income -- it was a crazy year). So we need to adjust our withholdings for next year. Great, that doesn't help me now. Dammit. Because we can totally spare the cash right now. Not. :)

Welcome tiny67! You have found a great group of Banditos! I just love 'em!

Dynamo and Tied~ I sent you both PM's, thanks. Tied keep us posted on how you are doing.

Whew, what a bizzare few days, weeks, months it has been! This is no way to start off a new year! Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers. I wish I could make sense of it all???

TAXES!!!!...I send mine off to my Tax Accountant and I am having a hard enough time just fililng out the forms (and that is supposed to be the easy part??).

Veri~ I hope the gas leaves you soon. I didn't get the gas pains, but I heard to walk, walk, walk and then some more. Have you tried Gas X, I had some of the melt in your mouth strips (just incase).

Woofay~I saw a spot on the news last night about RT in the Springs. I hope your hubby is okay.

OMG! I am a big girl and its been a while since I did this, but:

BIG HUGE HAPPY CARTWHEEL!!

I've been lurking in the Dr. K forums for a while now (sorry), but I never contributed because I wasn't a patient of his. Well, I just figured out my financing and I'm gonna do my phone consultations in March and my surgery in early June! I'm so excited! It's a long way off but I'm so excited that it seems right around the corner! I've read and researched for so long that this really does seem like a dream come true! This deserves a special round of smilies. This is how I feel inside:

:Banane34::Banane25::):Banane44::Banane45::party::):woot::woot: