Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Who's going to Red Robin tonight at 7pm?????

Mare5569 - yes

Tied2BFit - ?????

Want2 bmeagain?????

Nickaknut ???????

Mal - NO

DynamoMini - NO

Drews - No

Woofray - No

JUst not sure how to meet up?

Marilyn

:clap2:Will had my surgery 10/11 and going great!!!!!! Just fell like I have done 1000 set up. No other pain. The staff and Dr. K was GREAT> First fill will be on Nov 18 at Dr K office. Was sad leaving Co and now I am thinking of possible moving here in the spring and leaving Orlando, Florida:car:

LSzeliga - Congrats! Almost everyone in Colorado is from somewhere else. It is a wonderful place to live.

Bye all of you, it is 8:43 and I am still doing laundry, my life....

Cabana boys - actually it is more likely we'll see them on trips to Playa, where we are is low key, lots of beach, walking, and I hope sun.

Hugs,

Michelle

Tied~ WE MISSED YOU!! We waited for a while,then got a table, hoping you'd show up..hopefully next time I'm up here, we can meet!

Nicnaknut's surgery is Tuesday the 16th (tomorrow, or today, depending on when you're reading this!) ~ WOO-HOO!!!!!

Had a wonderful time with Mare and 'B at Red Robin...what a kinship we banders have...I love it.

I had my first fill today ~ Dr. K was wonderful and got the port right on. After I left, I didn't feel enough restriction, went back and he added a teeny bit, per my request...I am not sure if I overdid it, or what this is supposed to feel like. No PB, no sliming, but feels tight and it was miserable to try and eat a bite of scrambled egg. I did ok on the Soup at RR, but could only eat half and slow....Now I am sipping liquid.< /span>

I will definitley get back losing weight. I am in the Springs till Wed., Dr. K said if this is too much, to come back before I leave town and even if he is at the hospital, he will do a slight unfill. He's such a neat man...

I will keep you all posted....

Mal, Woof, Michelle, and all...hope to meet you someday!

LS~ CONGRATS!!!

I had my first fill today ~ Dr. K was wonderful and got the port right on. After I left, I didn't feel enough restriction, went back and he added a teeny bit, per my request...I am not sure if I overdid it, or what this is supposed to feel like. No PB, no sliming, but feels tight and it was miserable to try and eat a bite of scrambled egg. I did ok on the Soup at RR, but could only eat half and slow....Now I am sipping liquid.

Want2bmeagain - Do you know how many cc's Dr K put in for you in total?

I think after waiting for so long with no restriction before the first fill, I will probably do the same. The surgeon that I am going to be using for my fills here locally, is booked up for appointments until into November. :Banane35: So when it comes my time, I don't want to leave his office with no restriction either, but I am also afraid to be too tight and need an emergency unfill. So let me know how you are making out over the next week or so.

Shelbicallie - How are you doing? Are you constantly hungry too? When is your first fill scheduled for?

:gluck:Good luck Nicnacnut!!

LSzeliga - Congratulations on your band! Keep us posted on your progress and recovery.

Happy Tuesday Everyone :biggrin1:

Gurly -- I'm starving all the time :hungry:!!! I'm back to a regular diet now and I think this must be the bandster he*l everyone has spoken of. :help: My first fill is scheduled for 10/29/07 -- I can't wait, but I'm also nervous. I know so little about my new aftercare MD -- it worries me. Especially in comparison to what I knew about Dr. K-- heck, I felt like I new his sign, favorite food, underwear size, etc. because there was so much information about him available. I am seriously considering cancelling my 10/29 appointment in NC and making a trip to GA where Skyeblu gets her aftercare. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, just so I don't gain it all back before my first fill -- I'm back to low carb, high Protein until my fill, I'm working with hand weights, riding my bike daily.

RR 10/15 GANG -- pictures, please!

Nickanut! It's YOUR day, friend. Sending positive vibes your way!

Woof -- Your perfect job is out there waiting -- just keep looking. I hope it works out that your previous employer can slide you into a local position. It would be fantabulous if they could give you back your original hire date -- especially for accruing vacation!:Banane35:

Speaking of vacation, enjoy your time south of the border, Dynamo. Warm sea breezes, sun and sand sound heavenly.

Dee, congratulations on your date! It will be here before you know it.

Longhorn, good luck with your TX banding -- sounds like you've got a good plan in place. Let us know how you're doing. Don't be a stranger!

LS, (I'm trying not to butcher your name here.) Welcome to band land! I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

EVERYONE -- have a great week! I am thinking of you always and I do check in here daily, it's just that I am such a poor typist that I rarely get enough time to write a coherent post. But I did want to add for all of you CO baseball fans .....

HOW 'BOUT THOSE ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thinking about you Knicnaknut...post when you can!!

LSzeliga~congrats and welcome to Bandland! Hope to hear more from you on your new journey! I was a military brat and moved here about 30 years ago, I love it here! I have never been to Florilda but it looks beautiful!

Dynamo~adios mi amiga!

Mare and Fit2b...post pics, I hope you took some pics from last night. I left the hospital at 8:00 and was too exhausted to make it to RR last night. I hope our paths cross some time.

Woofay~hi!

Happy Day to all!!!

Good news! FINALLY I'm losing like I feel I should be! (I say this while I'm eating popcorn though.) As of this morning I am now 1 lb. away from being at my pre-pregnanCIES weight! This is a MAJOR deal for me! I'm so happy! I even put aside my "fat jeans" (to give to a friend) and am wearing a size 18 today...they're just a little snug when I sit, but I don't think I'll be going back to the 20s! I'm VERY happy about that!

I know that there are some people who have issues with the scale. I've found that (THIS IS FOR ME ONLY - EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT) when I weight myself every morning I'm more apt to watch what I eat throughout the day.

So...after my last fill I've lost about 6 lbs. and that's 7 days! I'm still eating a decent size meal (what a "normal" person should eat anyway) although I'm a little tight in the morning and just have a shake. I'm not excersizing nearly enough, but I feel good...I actually ran around with the kids at playgroup today instead of sitting on the bench chit-chatting with other moms.

It's a good day!

Hi everyone! It has been awhile..... i am missing my "band family".

I finally hit the 30lb mark..... YIPPEE. How is everyone out there?

Anyone miss me? :cry I am going to see Dr K on the 15th for a small fill. I wnat to get through the holidays..... :whoo: I am eating great now, not a lot of PB's or slimes and I was sliming like crazy for awhile! I think i finally have figured out what works for me. Steak just doesn't work. Well i am going to go back and read all the posts i have missed over the past few months. :bored

Angie~congrats on the 30 lbs lost, good job! It is nice to hear from you again. YES, we missed you!

Marcy~I can't wait to get into 18's!! Way to go! I am such a slow loser, but a loser, so I'll take it. I try to work out at lest three times a week, but my scale just won't move....grrrrr! You must post picture!! I have my before picture and I am waiting, maybe some day I can post on the before and after...

It's been a crazy week...still in Colorado Springs as my daughter's car broke down! We hope it will be fixed tomorrow and my mom and I will head over the mountain home.

NICNAKNUT is doing great! i think she is so excited to be in bandland! All went well with the surgery and she is on her way! woo hoo!!!

Phew...my fill is finally settling in..I was worried there for a time. I haven't tried but a few teenie bites of mushies, but I can now get them down...fluids are fine. Still no pbing or sliming, just excruciating pain if I eat something my band isn't ready for. Since the incredible restriction has eased some already, I think I will do ok.

Dr. K put a total of 4.25cc into my 10cc band...

On a good note, this week I am down about another 2 pounds. I have decided that I am an out of control food goddess without enough restriction:o

the last couple weeks, EVERYTHING went down without a hitch~ didn't gain any of the weight back I had lost, but the scale stuck and made a frightening face at me every time I stepped on!

So, am I a freak, or what...sometimes this board reminds me of truth or dare..tee, hee! So, am I the only one who disrobes, slowly approches the scale, carefully steps on, and off, and on, and off, and on, and off, and on, and off...just to "double check" the numbers?????

I have a hysterical story to share, but will catch up when I get home. This day and night have been ridiculous and it's way overtime to snooze!

Hope all is well with everyone

take care!

Hello everyone..... Thank you all for the kind thoughts and well wishes you have sent my way.... I became a member of bandland on Tuesday the 16th and everything went very well and I'm feeling very good.... Everyone at Crown Point Surgery Center are the greatest, they treated me like a Queen and of course Dr K is the absolute best!!!

I have been pretty tired, but I think that is from the pain medication. I have been up and walking around alot and haven't had much of a problem with gas, however I have had bouts with the hiccups.. I just take a couple of sips of Water and that seems to take care of it.... Dr K sent me home with some oxygen and wants me to stay on it for a couple more days.... Other than that I am feeling pretty darn good.... I'm still on Clear Liquids and so far it hasn't been to bad....

It was great meeting want2be and Mare at the Red Robin Monday night..... want2be had a camera and took a few pictures, I hope she can figure out how to post them.... So sorry that some of you couldn't make it, we were looking forward to meeting you all...

Mare..... Many wishes and safe travels to you as you get ready for your trip to Mexico....