Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Shesha... my first fill didn't last most than 2 weeks :-( I think part of the problem is that I may have still had residual swelling from the surgery (I got my first fill at 4 weeks, not 6). I clearly still have a little restriction b/c I did have a PB episode on Superbowl sunday after trying to eat an egg roll, but not nearly what I should have. I'm hopeful that the 2nd fill will be much better!!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!:)

Those of you that have traveled from out of state to see Kirshenbaum, how often did you have to go back to Colorado?

I am going back for my 2nd fill...so right now its been 1x a month (once in Jan, once in Feb), but I'm hoping this fill will last longer and I won't have to go back for a few months.

I haven't been back yet. I will go for my first fill in March, and then probably be done with Dr. K. I have established myself as a patient of a local surgeon for follow-up care and fills.

867.....I stayed for a long weekend when I went back the first time b/c my sister is there, but this time I'm only going for one night b/c I can't afford the time off from work.

However, if I need another fill soon after this one, I think I'm going to go to a local doc who has agreed to do my fills for $150.

SKYE....thinking of you today as you have your surgery!!! Good luck Girl!! I'm sure it'll all be fine!! It was great meeting you in the office yesterday! Hope you found your Hotel Ok! :mad:

MARJON.....how's it going?? Still feeling a lot of restriction??

DREWS......so I went for my 2nd fill yesterday and he didn't take out the first fill to see how much was left! Maybe b/c he was in a hurry? The office was pretty backed up yesterday!

BUT...the good news is I think I have GREAT Restriction now!!! :) I am still eating mushies, and for lunch I am currently eating some hot oatmeal...and I've only had about 4 bites and am feeling full!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

Oh yeah....and Dr. Ks scales said I was down 11 pounds from my last visit!!! I thought it was only going to be like 3-4 b/c I feel like my scale hadn't budged in a long time, but I guess it had!!! :woot:

DREWS......so I went for my 2nd fill yesterday and he didn't take out the first fill to see how much was left! Maybe b/c he was in a hurry? The office was pretty backed up yesterday!

Interesting.... Did he hit your port pretty easily?

SKYE....thinking of you today as you have your surgery!!! Good luck Girl!! I'm sure it'll all be fine!! It was great meeting you in the office yesterday! Hope you found your Hotel Ok! :lol:

MARJON.....how's it going?? Still feeling a lot of restriction??

BUT...the good news is I think I have GREAT Restriction now!!! :Banane43: I am still eating mushies, and for lunch I am currently eating some hot oatmeal...and I've only had about 4 bites and am feeling full!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

Oh yeah....and Dr. Ks scales said I was down 11 pounds from my last visit!!! I thought it was only going to be like 3-4 b/c I feel like my scale hadn't budged in a long time, but I guess it had!!! :scared:

Hi Kirsten, glad to hear you have the restriction you have been seeking. That's great news. I hope it lasts a while for you.

I still have the same really tight restriction. Sometimes things open up so I can eat solid food. But it's unpredictable. Sometimes I eat solid food and find that it won't go down. This causes a PB, swelling, and even further tightening so I end up having trouble even drinking liquids for a half a day or so. The other day I tried to eat a couple dried apricots. I chewed them really well and all that but, let me tell you, I got plugged up like a teenager without Clearasil. Dried fruits are off my list for the foreseeable future.

To tell you the truth I am perfectly happy with the level of restriction I have right now. The only problem is that I still PB too much. This does not bother me at all. I really don't find it particularly unpleasant to PB. To me it is nothing at all like vomiting. But, when I do it too much I worry because, you know what they say, it's supposed to be bad for the band. So, I think in a perfect world I would like my restriction to loosen up a bit so I could eat solid food predictably. In the meantime, I need to keep working at managing the restriction I have so I don't get stuck so often.

I had an appointment for my first fill but I cancelled it, for obvious reasons.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.

Marjon...wow....I'm surprised you still have such restriction, but hey, lucky you you don't have to worry about a fill right now!! Although definitely be careful about all the PBing....I've heard that that can lead to slips, and we don't want that!! But glad to hear you're doing well overall!! As long as the scales keep movin right?? ;-)

Drews.....I got another 1.6 for a total of 3.25 in my band. It was still hard for me to tell if I had restriction by just drinking the Water, but I think (hope) I got it just right this time!! :lol:

Hi Kirsten, It was really great meeting you too. You and your sister were so nice!! :) We found the hotel really easily. It's not far @ all. Glad to hear you have good restriction, yea!!!:D

The surgery went really well. I don't even feel like I have had surgery. I am only sore when I am getting up in a sitting position or when I cough. I don't feel to bad sitting down or standing up.

The office was really busy Monday. Everyone there was so nice. Dr. K said that my surgery was a lot easier than he thought. He said that he was suprised that my insides were so small for my size. Surgery took 1 hr and 5 minutes. And I am going back on Thursday to see him one last time before I leave.

I have no appetite, but I have been trying to drink plenty of fluids.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!:P

Skyeblu!!

Congrats on getting your band! Sound like you had the same experience I did - got the band and was ready to hit 'er - very short recovery! Keep us posted on your progress!

Marjon - Wow, you still have restriction! I wish I did. I am glad to hear things are going well for you, besides the PBing. I am sure you'll find a happy medium. Have you talked to Dr. K about it at all again? Do you think you have a cycle of PBing/swelling or something going on?? Otherwise, how is everything else? Are you enjoying your weight loss? It looks like you are doing very well!

Drewslou - How is the leg doing?? Are you back at Derby practice yet??

I am doing well. It looks like my perserverence has paid off. My weightloss stall has ended for now. I was down 2 more lbs this morning. I have been logging my food intake on Fitday.com religiously since starting mushies (I haven't missed a day yet) It's amazing how calories can sneak up on you, even when you are banded and watching yourself!

It's been a little warmer here the last couple of days. In the 30's. After being below zero for almost 3 straight weeks, it feels like spring. Hubby and I have been walking together during our lunches. It's been so nice to get outside, and spend time with my buddy! (we both work downtown- our offices are litterally joined by a parking garage and two skyways - much to hubby's dismay... tee hee!)

Skye....so glad you found the hotel ok and that your surgery went off w/out a hitch!! Hope your trip home is uneventful!!

Sesha....Congrats on the weightloss!! I have also dropped a bit since getting my 2nd fill and am still feeling like I may actually be at my Sweet Spot, although hoping it will last longer than a week or two!!! :)