Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Wow!! That is awesome!!! I may have to look into doing that if there is anything like that near me! :) Otherwise, I'll just stick with going and buying an elliptical machine this week like I had planned ;-)

Roller Derby would be soooooo cool to do! I am glad to hear you made the team (as if there was any doubt) I would love to get out there and kick some booty! Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere. I hope to get on a summer volleyball league this year though. I golf, but that's really not much of a contact sport (unless you count the ball hitting the club) tee hee! Full Contact golf, now that would be fun! Ah, maybe not. Most of the "ladies" I golf against have me by at least 50 lbs. - (good 'ol beer drinkin', chees eatin' wisconsin women.) I think I'd end up in the hospital!

Hi everyone, I talked with Dr. Kirshenbaum today and have my surgery date of Feb. 28th:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I can't believe it, I am so Happy:) Thank you Shesha for all your info and ground work for us from Wisconsin , I guess people from anywhere. Anyhow I think his bussines is really growing just from the people posting here alone. He certainly offers a good deal for us self payers. Thanks so much everyone, I find this site to be so informative and helpful. What did we do before the internet???:omg: Sunnysea:target::pray2::D:banana:cheer2::):):grouphug:And I turn 50 on the 27th!!!!:rolleyes :speechles :eek: what a nice Birthday present.

Hi everyone, I talked with Dr. Kirshenbaum today and have my surgery date of Feb. 28th:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I can't believe it, I am so Happy:) Thank you Shesha for all your info and ground work for us from Wisconsin , I guess people from anywhere. Anyhow I think his bussines is really growing just from the people posting here alone. He certainly offers a good deal for us self payers. Thanks so much everyone, I find this site to be so informative and helpful. What did we do before the internet???:omg: Sunnysea:target::pray2::D:banana:cheer2::):):grouphug:And I turn 50 on the 27th!!!!:rolleyes :speechles :eek: what a nice Birthday present.

Congratulations on the surgery date. It's just around the corner, you'll be on the Light Side before you know it.

And that's a good question about what we did before the intenet (and that was just ten years ago!). Can you imagine trying to do all this on your own? Trying to get information from the occassional medical magazine or whatever? Amazing to think about it.

Congratulations Sunnysea!!!! What a great gift to give yourself!!! I got my surgery from Dr. K on 12/15, so I considered it my xmas gift to myself! A new Me!!! I'll be seeing him a week before your surgery for my 2nd and hopefully last for a while fill!! I'm also going to get my records so i can go to a local doctor for fills in case I need to get a 3rd fairly quickly.....cause this flying back and forth to CO every month is getting to be a pain, not to mention expensive! But I'm really hoping that this next fill will last me for a while!! Let us know how everything goes!

That is great!! Congrats on your surgery date!!!

Hi all,

I just got email from Paula, the nutritionist at Dr. K.'s office. I have a phone consult set up with her on Feb. 19th. I am wondering what kind of questions you guys asked her and the doctor during your phone consults. I have someone that I work with that has the lap-band surgery in Aug. so I have been picking her brain for information, plus this site has a "boat-load" of information. I feel pretty comfortable on my knowledge, so what should I expect from the 2 phone consults?

Thanks for everyone's input!

Machele

Hi everyone, I talked with Dr. Kirshenbaum today and have my surgery date of Feb. 28th:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I can't believe it, I am so Happy:) Thank you Shesha for all your info and ground work for us from Wisconsin , I guess people from anywhere. Anyhow I think his bussines is really growing just from the people posting here alone. He certainly offers a good deal for us self payers. Thanks so much everyone, I find this site to be so informative and helpful. What did we do before the internet??? SunnyseaAnd I turn 50 on the 27th!!!! what a nice Birthday present.

I am so happy for you!! I was glad to help. I have my appointment with Dr. Sunby at the end of February, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Hi all,

I just got email from Paula, the nutritionist at Dr. K.'s office. I have a phone consult set up with her on Feb. 19th. I am wondering what kind of questions you guys asked her and the doctor during your phone consults. I have someone that I work with that has the lap-band surgery in Aug. so I have been picking her brain for information, plus this site has a "boat-load" of information. I feel pretty comfortable on my knowledge, so what should I expect from the 2 phone consults?

Thanks for everyone's input!

Machele

I honestly can't remember muc of what I asked of either of them... I do know that they were both VERY easy to talk to and VERY informative. The consults were very conversational and I didn't feel rushed or anything.

Ok, it's coming to me now....I think I asked Dr. K about my current meds and how I will be able to take them after being banded. I know I asked him why he prefers you get a fill at 4 weeks when Inamed recommends 6. (I never did get a really good answer to that one, only that it only takes about 3 weeks for your tissues to heal and then you can have a fill) I still scheduled mine for 6 weeks out. I asked him how many bands he has done, who trained him, if he's had any complications, does he use a CNA or an Anathesiologist? (sp?) How long does the procedure take?

As for Paula, she sent a packet of information to me ahead of time, and we just went though it. Any of the questions that I had were just for clarification or examples of what was on the paperwork.

Some things I wish I would have asked the but didn't was for clairification on how much of a serving you should eat of mushies. Does burping or hiccupping affect your band? Do you put any of your incisions where my bra might go? ('cause he did, and that one gets irritated from my bra strap)

Let me know if you have any other questions...

OK.....I can't remember if I've asked this before, but for those of you who've had more than 1 fill w/Dr. K.....does he take out the Fluid that is already in there to make sure there is no leakage before he puts the 2nd fill in??

OK.....I can't remember if I've asked this before, but for those of you who've had more than 1 fill w/Dr. K.....does he take out the Fluid that is already in there to make sure there is no leakage before he puts the 2nd fill in??

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

:whoo: Woo hooo!!! Thanks DrewsLou! I knew you'd have the answer!! You must be rockin and rolling those pounds away w/roller derby and your new fill!!! :first::rockon:

As I am sitting here in a full knee immobolizer I wonder how the hell I am going to keep up this great loss I have going currently. Luckily... I should be back on skates in a week.

Good luck with your fill!

As I am sitting here in a full knee immobolizer I wonder how the hell I am going to keep up this great loss I have going currently. Luckily... I should be back on skates in a week.

Good luck with your fill!

So, did I miss the announcement of your new roller derby name, or is the search still in progress?