Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 11days away from my surgery date (April 11) and I've fallen off the diet wagon. From Thursday, March 28th thru Sunday, April 7th, my diet was/is supposed to consist of a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a Protein shake for lunch, and a salad with protein for dinner. Then on Monday, April 8th, I move to a liquid diet. However, I ate a few pieces of candy today. And I have to be honest, the smell of Easter dinner is calling my name!

Has anyone else cheated on their pre-surgery diet and were they still able to go thru with their scheduled surgery? Anyone had a less restrictive pre-surgery diet and, if so, who was your surgeon (mine is Dr.Alejandro Lopez-Ortega)? Any advice to keep me on track over the next week? I'm starving! HELP!!

I'm only on a self imposed 1200 calorie, high Protein, low carb diet leading up to my 2 week liquid diet for my May 11th surgery, so I have a little more wiggle room in my current diet than you right now, but I can definitely relate. Today, I am battling the smell of Easter dinner and all the candy (I have two toddlers so despite my best efforts to keep us all healthy right now, people keep giving them candy lol). And on top of that, it's my grandmothers birthday, so my sister got her a decadent carrot cake (her and MY personal favorite) from a local specialty bakery!! lol I am summoning ALL my will power to make it through today! Hahaha

BUT, we can do this. It's especially important right now on your pre-op to stick to your doc's orders. A little slip likely wouldn't cost you your surgery, but it would probably make the rest of the diet even harder and mess with your head having "cheated."

We'll make a pact!! Lol You don't, and I won't!!! We WILL survive this pre-op Easter!!!! Deal?! I need you!!! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm planning on eating my Protein (does ham qualify?) and salad for dinner and walking away from the sides and dessert. I'll be totally back on track tomorrow. I'm much more structured and disciplined during the week than on weekends.

Ham definitely qualifies as protein! Good luck with your pre-op diet.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm planning on eating my Protein (does ham qualify?) and salad for dinner and walking away from the sides and dessert. I'll be totally back on track tomorrow. I'm much more structured and disciplined during the week than on weekends.

I stayed upstairs and asked my husband to steam me a piece of fish an a salad.< /p>

I am 10 days out and have eating like its the end of the world for about 3 weeks. I need to get serious. I only have a 7 day pre ops . Since you are self pay your surgery will proceed good luck

I've gained about 30 pounds from food funerals! Ugh. Soon as I found out about this surgery I started eating even more. I don't know why!! I'm so frustrated with myself

Naija2atl and Jessie, thank you for your honesty. It's so hard to stay on this restrictive diet! I'm committed to doing better tomorrow. I'm afraid of what happens over the weekend.

Totally agree weekends are much harder. Surgery is April 12 so getting very nervous

I am also on Dr. Lopez's pre-op diet right now. My surgery is on the 9th, I have messed up twice, but got back on it... doing better now. If you just feel like you gotta have something, have some sugar free Jello or popsicles, (they are only 10-15cal- 0 carb!) and it's like drinking water... I have also found that low sodium chicken broth is a good one too! They just want you to consum lots of Protein and low carbs/cals/and fat...

i had a year plus of food funerals!!!! was supposed to have the surgery June last summer...put it off january...if i want afraid to all hoopsi had to jump through..appointments...i might have put it of forever.....

I start my pre-op diet today.....I am not mentally prepared for this..I am going to do my best and if I fall off I will get on and keep it moving....

Dawn we can do this!!! I am getting so nervous...